Behind Closed Doors Behind Closed Doors question

Portrait Paintings
Char Freund Char Dec 24, 2017 07:58AM
Did anyone else feel that the portraits painted by Grace in the red room would lead to a more thorough investigation especially since Jack was respected by law enforcement? Ok, Esther would gloss over paintings. But wouldn’t Diane and Adam know they were painted by Grace since Jack mentioned private paintings done by Grace at a dinner party?

This was a major plot flaw for me.

I could not stand this book for some reason, way to depressing and just felt awful reading it, sorry for the ones who really enjoyed it, not for me

F 25x33
Reen I'm reading it now, and I'm having a hard time, it's very cruel... ...more
Apr 18, 2018 11:12AM · flag

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Also, wouldn't the police have been suspicious as to how Jack became trapped in the room? It's not entirely unbelievable, but just seems a little too convenient.

I didn't get the point of the painting other than it was another way Jack tortured her (making her paint distasteful art). I thought the book was okay but don't get all the super duper 5 over the top ratings. It was an okay thriller with a very fast and over the top "really?" ending with him being locked in and starved to death.