2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Jenn's 100 Book Challenge of 2018

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (last edited Oct 18, 2018 11:41PM) (new)

Jennifer | 38 comments Here's to 100 books for 2018!

Bonus goals:
1. No reading things JUST because they're short
2. Goal of 90 books read that I physically own
3. Finish 6 series' this year!

January: 6
The Grim Grotto (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #11) by Lemony Snicket The Invitation by Diane Hoh Sunglasses After Dark (Sonja Blue, #1) by Nancy A. Collins The Penultimate Peril (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #12) by Lemony Snicket The End (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #13) by Lemony Snicket Blood Rights (House of Comarré, #1) by Kristen Painter

February: 1
The Other Typist by Suzanne Rindell

March: 0

April: 7
Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White Houses of Stone by Barbara Michaels The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski His Majesty's Dragon (Temeraire, #1) by Naomi Novik The House by Christina Lauren Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer

May: 5
Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2) by Kiersten White Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3) by Kiersten White The Girl With All the Gifts (The Girl With All the Gifts #1) by M.R. Carey The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich Caraval (Caraval, #1) by Stephanie Garber

June: 7
The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost After the End (After the End, #1) by Amy Plum Kissing Coffins (Vampire Kisses, #2) by Ellen Schreiber Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi The Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

July: 11
Green River, Running Red The Real Story of the Green River Killer - America's Deadliest Serial Murderer by Ann Rule The Road to Jonestown Jim Jones and Peoples Temple by Jeff Guinn Red Dragon (Hannibal Lecter, #1) by Thomas Harris The Power of Habit Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg A.D. After Death by Scott Snyder Lost Girls An Unsolved American Mystery by Robert Kolker The Circle by Dave Eggers Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1) by Morgan Rhodes The Unwomanly Face of War An Oral History of Women in World War II by Svetlana Alexievich Doctor Who Ripper's Curse #1 by Tony Lee Monster by Christopher Pike

August: 4
A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) by George R.R. Martin Nimona by Noelle Stevenson Vampireville (Vampire Kisses, #3) by Ellen Schreiber The Darkest Corners by Kara Thomas

September: 3
I'll Be Gone in the Dark One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer by Michelle McNamara The Radium Girls The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #1) by Douglas Adams

October: 13
Flesh and Blood (House of Comarré, #2) by Kristen Painter The Book of the Law by Aleister Crowley Road to Nowhere by Christopher Pike Confessions of a Funeral Director How the Business of Death Saved My Life by Caleb Wilde Nefertiti by Michelle Moran Pretty Little Killers The Truth Behind the Savage Murder of Skylar Neese by Daleen Berry Whatever Happened To Baby Jane by Henry Farrell Kill the Boy Band by Goldy Moldavsky The Visitors by Catherine Burns Strange Practice (Dr. Greta Helsing #1) by Vivian Shaw Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes The Girl from the Metropol Hotel Growing Up in Communist Russia by Ludmilla Petrushevskaya Daughters Unto Devils by Amy Lukavics

Total books: 57
Books owned read: 22
Series completed: 2

Series Progress:
A Series of Unfortunate Events: 13/13 COMPLETE
Paranormalcy: 3/3 COMPLETE
A Song of Ice and Fire: 2/5
House of Comarré: 2/5

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Jennifer wrote: "Here's to 100 books for 2018!

Bonus goals:
1. No reading things JUST because they're short
2. Goal of 90 books read that I physically own
3. Finish 6 series' this year!"

Nice goals Jennifer! Wishing you the best of luck with all of them & happy reading!!

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 38 comments Thanks!
Update so far:
Read four books, and I'm one book away from (finally!) finishing A Series of Unfortunate Events!
Currently reading :
The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson Blood Rights (House of Comarré, #1) by Kristen Painter

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 38 comments Finished Blood Rights (House of Comarré, #1) by Kristen Painter !

message 5: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12009 comments You are doing great! Hoping March is a smashing success for you. Seven is fantastic!

message 6: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12009 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

message 7: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12009 comments You are doing great! I hope May is a fantastic month filled with books and sunshine!

message 9: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Jennifer wrote: "Massive update!
The Other Typist by Suzanne RindellMagic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona AndrewsParanormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten WhiteHouses of Stone by Barbara MichaelsThe Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski[bookcover..."

Nice!! Seeing some I would like to read as well!