protector | original rp discussion

general > faq

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 26, 2017 01:33PM) (new)

Q: What are the inspirations for this group?
A:
Minor inspiration from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Three Dark Crowns. The rest is original.

Q: May one character be of more than one class (i.e., control more than one element)?
A:
No.

Q: Can members of the same family be of different classes?
A:
Yes, but only if both classes are found in the family lineage — it does not come out of nowhere. Additionally, identical twins may not be of different classes.

Q: Can I make a late bloomer whose affinity showed after their fifth birthday?
A:
No.

Q: Can my character be a law-breaker (with respect to elemental manipulation)?
A:
No, the Regime eliminates anyone who disrupts the balance set in place by the code.

Q: Can my classless character be a trainer?
A:
No. Classless characters may only be made for the positions denoted by (*).

Q: Can I RP in more than one place at once?
A:
Yes.

Feel free to make any of your own questions/suggestions.

message 2: by kaya (new)

kaya (ananats) | 27 comments what’s the setting, in terms of technology and scientific knowledge? and aside from learning to control their abilities, do children receive any other forms of education?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

@Kaya:
- There is modern technology, but it's not allowed for personal use in the Regime facilities except for means of communication to families. It's really mostly used for security and operating systems. The outside world lives similarly to us.

- That was a major oversight of mine lmao... they receive a normal education as well, and I'll add the appropriate claims.

@Shad:
a) Many people with the affinity look down on classless people in general, however, they're also the minority in the world outside of the Regime facilities. Additionally, since 99% of the classless working with the Regime are from families with prominent people of some class or another, it would be socially inappropriate for them to show any kind of prejudice beyond a passive aggressive point. There is no difference in rights or violent oppression.

b) No, it's only those 18-25 at the time. If a trainer is 33 years old or older, it's possible that they were in the running to compete in Jaein Park's Trials but did not make the final cut, or one of the earlier ones.

//tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) | 55 comments are the council members going to be actively roleplayed? or are they just more referred to?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

@Shad:
I totally forgot to answer one of your questions, but no, there is no hierarchy between the classes. In general, there might be tension between opposite classes (water and fire, air and earth). Sometimes classes have more/less power but since the Council is equal, it's currently even.

@Tara:
They'll just be referred to for purposes of RP; if you need any extra info on them then feel free to ask!

//tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) | 55 comments 叉烧包 wrote: "@Shad:
I totally forgot to answer one of your questions, but no, there is no hierarchy between the classes. In general, there might be tension between opposite classes (water and fire, air and eart..."

awesome, just quick follow up,

is there a way to match an assistant to a councilwoman so no one doubles up?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

that's a good point, i'll update the claims list shortly :)

//tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) | 55 comments thanks bree!