What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy - adventure of a guy (and girl) travelling to a tower

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Racdc (new)

Racdc | 1 comments Read this 5 or 6 years ago...Suddenly remembered it might've gotten a sequel or something. Really wish I could remember more...

The title is "Tower" or something simple I think...Searched the library catalogue but couldn't find anything unfortunately.

Essentially this guy wants to travel to this tower/place (for reasons I can't remember). Along his travels this girl tries to steal his stuff, but he catches her. He was going to sell her to these people (I don't think they were humans, like talking toads or something), but ends up befriending her and they end up travelling together.

It's sort of a post-apocalyptic setting. I remember the guy reaching a river and there would be these traders on boats made of scrap. Think he traded stuff for batteries or something? The traders have formed groups, one of them might be called River Rats or something.

The girl can do a bit of magic or something with these coins she has I think? There may be a part where she throws the coin as a weapon and it explodes...

I believe the story ends with them getting close to the tower or something.

Thanks for any help!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
A long shot - Radiant (Towers Trilogy) by Karina Sumner-Smith?

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Blue Moon Rising is a very remote possibility, but thought I'd suggest it anyway. It's a prequel to Simon R. Green's Hawk and Fisher series, which is very dark.

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16856 comments Still looking for this one?