Christian Ladies Book Club discussion

Leota's Garden
This topic is about Leota's Garden
Leota’s Garden > Leota's Garden- Chapter 19 Discussion Question

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Britnie (new) - added it

Britnie | 352 comments Mod
Leota has a stroke in this chapter and has trouble moving and speaking. Annie decides that she is going to put her life on hold so she can move in with her grandmother to help her out. Do you think Annie is taking on more than she can handle?

message 2: by Britnie (new) - added it

Britnie | 352 comments Mod
I think that is very sweet of Annie to want to help her Grandma out. Specially since she will be putting her own life on hold. It shows what a selfless and caring person Annie is. I don't think she is taking on more than she can handle. It won't be easy, I'm not saying that! However, I really think Annie will be able to handle it. I think it will be a big step for the both of them in their relationship. Susans mom was telling her how she is going to have to change her grandmother and help bathe her and pretty much do everything for her. I can't imagine that will be very comfortable for either them at first, but I think they will be fine.

Jenn Hall | 44 comments No, not at all, I think it will help her grow up and get more of a sense of her history. I think it is the perfect arrangement for both. And who knows maybe a certain someone else too!!!!!

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Esparza | 119 comments This chapter was very close to my heart. Britnie already knows this because she's my sister but what Annie is doing for Leota is exactly what I did for my grandmother. In my case, I did it because my grandma took care of me my entire life and I felt it was my turn to take care of her. I can tell you from experience that Annie can handle this. It most certainly will be difficult, but the rewards are going to outweigh the tough times. This is also going to be such a bonding time for both of them. Their love for each other will grow even stronger.