What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Science Fiction - People explore a tunnel of "dimensions", the further you go the weirder the law of physics gets. Main spoiler in comments.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christopher (last edited Dec 23, 2017 06:39PM) (new)

Christopher Li | 3 comments *Spoiler*
I believe near the ending of the novel the people somehow detect a big threat to their civilisation coming from one side of the tunnel. They fire a catastrophic weapon, and end up realising that the threat was from themselves. AKA the tunnel was a loop.
Could have been a short story in a sci-fi collection, unsure.

Also, merry christmas to all you helpful folks reading this!

message 2: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2056 comments This sounds really interesting (and somewhat familiar - it's reminiscent of Greg Bear's "Eon" Eon). Do you remember when you read it, or any details about the characters?

message 3: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Li | 3 comments Andy wrote: "This sounds really interesting (and somewhat familiar - it's reminiscent of Greg Bear's "Eon" Eon). Do you remember when you read it, or any details about the characters?"

Hi Andy, I most likely read this from a library borrowed book about 10 years back or older, I could be wrong. I strongly believe it was from one of those big books containing many sci-fi short stories.

message 4: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2056 comments Christopher wrote: "Andy wrote: "This sounds really interesting (and somewhat familiar - it's reminiscent of Greg Bear's "Eon" Eon). Do you remember when you read it, or any details about the characters?..."

One of the "Best SF of the Year" anthologies, maybe?

message 5: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Li | 3 comments Andy wrote: "Christopher wrote: "Andy wrote: "This sounds really interesting (and somewhat familiar - it's reminiscent of Greg Bear's "Eon" Eon). Do you remember when you read it, or any details a..."

Sorry about the late reply, new year and all lol. I shall try to dig through whatever anthologies I can find at my local library. Meanwhile, hoping for an angel to help me out here!!

Justanotherbiblophile | 1730 comments *bump*

Justanotherbiblophile | 1730 comments *bump*

Justanotherbiblophile | 1730 comments OP last active in October 2019

I guess this should go to Abandoned. *sigh*

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
Christopher, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 10: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2357 comments Clifford Simak, Our Children's Children? https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Eon (other topics)