2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Jill's Top 100

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jill (new)

Jill Tool | 169 comments Since last year around March I became very ill, and I wasn't able to do to much reading until around July, then my team of doctors decided to do surgery, so that happened in Sept. and then I got to read from Oct. until the end of the year. Needless to say, it really dampened my reading for 2017, and I wasn't able to complete hardly any of my challenges. So needless to say when I say, I can't wait for 2017 to be over with, I really mean it.

So with 2018, I have a new energy for my reading, I'm going to shoot for 100 books! One thing I did learn while I'm sick is: Don't sweat the little things. So with that said, I have decided, I'll read what I want, if it fits in to a challenge then that's a win for me, if it doesn't fit, oh well, it's not the end of the world. Reading is suppose to be for enjoyment, something you enjoying doing, fun,to be able to escape your hectic, if stressful, everyday life and the world around you. And that's what I intend to make my reading this year in 2018.

With all that said, I have one last thing to say. BRING ON 2018!

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Jill wrote: "Since last year around March I became very ill, and I wasn't able to do to much reading until around July, then my team of doctors decided to do surgery, so that happened in Sept. and then I got to..."

Wow, that really sounds like a very rough year you had Jill! I'm glad you're doing better and have revived energy for your reading in 2018!
You are so right when you say reading should be enjoyable and not adding to the stress and pressure of everyday life. So I applaud you for only reading what you want to read at the moment, wether it fits into a challenge or not.

Wishing you an amazing and happy (reading) year!!

message 3: by Jill (new)

Jill Tool | 169 comments Susy wrote: "Jill wrote: "Since last year around March I became very ill, and I wasn't able to do to much reading until around July, then my team of doctors decided to do surgery, so that happened in Sept. and ..."

Ty so much Susy,

I am doing soooooooooo much better. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well

message 4: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Jill I am so glad you are doing better! I wish you so much luck in your quest for 100 books. is there a book you can not wait to read?

message 5: by D.G. (new)

D.G. Good for you, Jill! I'm glad you're feeling better and you've gotten your zest for reading back!

Here's to a great 2018!

message 6: by Jill (new)

Jill Tool | 169 comments Blagica wrote: "Jill I am so glad you are doing better! I wish you so much luck in your quest for 100 books. is there a book you can not wait to read?"

Thank you Blagica, there are many, many that I can not wait to read. I have no where to start, I grab a book and start reading, of course I've missed so many New Releases, that I grab what ones I can at the library, plus with just going back to work, I have to get those paychecks rolling in. I was on limited hours when I went back to work and the end of Nov they lifted the limits, now to get all the money rolling in and.

message 7: by Jill (new)

Jill Tool | 169 comments D.G. wrote: "Good for you, Jill! I'm glad you're feeling better and you've gotten your zest for reading back!

Here's to a great 2018!"

Thank you D.G. and your right. Here's to a great 2018

message 8: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Two months down ten to go! I hope March is a success for you.

message 9: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

message 10: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments You are doing great! I hope May is a fantastic month filled with books and sunshine!