Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes 2017-2018 > Library E-Books inquiry

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anita (last edited Dec 23, 2017 09:16AM) (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6432 comments Has anyone ever had the situation where their library e-books didn't return?

I know the trick where you turn off your wi-fi to extend your loan a bit longer. I did that so I could finish Beartown.

When I turned the wi-fi back on, I noticed that Beartown didn't return. Nor did another book. I've downloaded other books from Overdrive, but these two appear as though I purchased them. I double checked on Amazon, and I definitely borrowed them . . .

Seems a little weird!

message 2: by Joni (new)

Joni | 613 comments On Overdrive...you should be about to hover over the title and force it to return.

message 3: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6432 comments The title isnt showing on Overdrive lol!! Just on my Kindle.

message 4: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 2817 comments Anita wrote: "The title isnt showing on Overdrive lol!! Just on my Kindle."

I find that they go away if I delete them from my Amozon list.

message 5: by Joni (new)

Joni | 613 comments Go into your Amazon account....manage content &devices.....the title should show there. Option should be...return to library.

message 6: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1313 comments Yes, I've had a couple of books that didn't return. I don't know why it happened. You can always return them manually on Amazon if you're worried.

message 7: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6432 comments Lol, I am fine with keeping it . . .just seemed weird, but sounds like I am not the first!

message 8: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments Anita wrote: "Lol, I am fine with keeping it . . .just seemed weird, but sounds like I am not the first!"

It happens frequently with some books. I had to manually return Beartown too.

message 9: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 804 comments I had that happen with The Nix also.

message 10: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6432 comments Huh! Well I am glad I am not alone but feels weird to get random free books lol.

message 11: by Joni (new)

Joni | 613 comments Do you still have access to actually read it? Sometimes the cover image will remain but the access is not there.

message 12: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments Joni wrote: "Do you still have access to actually read it? Sometimes the cover image will remain but the access is not there."

Many times a book has 'expired' and yet it is still available to read.

message 13: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6432 comments Joni wrote: "Do you still have access to actually read it? Sometimes the cover image will remain but the access is not there."

Hi Joni,

Yes, I can totally read it. Based on Linda's comments, it sounds like this isn't a completely uncommon occurrence. But this is the first time it has happened to me. I read one of the books during the library loan period, but I haven't read the other so kinda happy it's still there . . .

message 14: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6432 comments So sorry for posting this in the wrong place! I meant to put it in Footnotes. Even admins make mistakes!

message 15: by Joni (new)

Joni | 613 comments Anita,

That is interesting. Working in a library, I get questions like this all the time.

message 16: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6432 comments Joni wrote: "Anita,

That is interesting. Working in a library, I get questions like this all the time."

Well now you will at least know the people aren't insane or technically incompetent. It must be some kind of bug.

message 17: by Joni (new)

Joni | 613 comments Oh I would never think that about anyone. Sometimes I can't figure all they stuff out either. Yes must be a bug or it's "glitchy" as my daughter likes to say. Technology is a very interesting but perplexing thing.

message 18: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6432 comments Joni wrote: "Oh I would never think that about anyone. Sometimes I can't figure all they stuff out either. Yes must be a bug or it's "glitchy" as my daughter likes to say. Technology is a very interesting but p..."

You are a nicer person than I am apparently! I'll admit I tend to think "user error" first . . .I like your approach better and will need to work on that.

message 19: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6432 comments Just found another book that didn't return . . .that I still want to read. So strange.

Michelle (MichelleBookAddict) (maslme) | 186 comments If your Amazon Manage Content said it was returned, try rebooting your kindle... hold power off for 20 seconds until it turns off by itself. That or in kindle settings it can be synched. That may help

message 21: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2224 comments I'm wondering if its available on the Overdrive account for others to borrow? I suspect it is available because it would be terrible if it failed to return and also kept it out of the collection for others!

message 22: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1313 comments Barbara wrote: "I'm wondering if its available on the Overdrive account for others to borrow? I suspect it is available because it would be terrible if it failed to return and also kept it out of the collection fo..."

Yes, it's still available for others to check out.

message 23: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments Jenni Elyse wrote: "Barbara wrote: "I'm wondering if its available on the Overdrive account for others to borrow? I suspect it is available because it would be terrible if it failed to return and also kept it out of t..."

Once it's 'returned' it's available. I have books on my Kindle that I borrowed months ago, but they are returned and available even though they are still on my Kindle.