VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE discussion

Buddy Reads > Buddy Read Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Latasha, ThE LoSt GiRL (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 86 comments Mod
Hi! have a book that's been marked as to read since 2012? Come here and see if anyone wants to read it with you! Rules regarding buddy reads are entirely up to the participants. Have fun and enjoy the read!

message 2: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

Dan (dan2345) | 880 comments Mod
Latasha wrote: "Hi! have a book that's been marked as to read since 2012? Come here and see if anyone wants to read it with you! Rules regarding buddy reads are entirely up to the participants. Have fun and enjoy ..."

What's the book?

message 3: by Latasha, ThE LoSt GiRL (new)

I was just using that as a example but I think Sunglasses after dark has been on my list for about that long lol. I created this thread so people could come here and see if anyone wants to read with them.

message 4: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

Latasha wrote: "I was just using that as a example but I think Sunglasses after dark has been on my list for about that long lol. I created this thread so people could come here and see if anyone wants to read wit..."

Oh okay. Good idea, thanks. If you are ever up for a buddy read of Sunglasses after Dark, give me a few months and I'll do it.

message 5: by Latasha, ThE LoSt GiRL (new)

that sounds great. I'm going to order the actual book so it will be a while before I get to it as well, maybe Feb.

message 6: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (last edited Dec 23, 2017 06:13PM) (new)

Latasha wrote: "that sounds great. I'm going to order the actual book so it will be a while before I get to it as well, maybe Feb."

Sounds good. Let me know. I'll order it too, I was told about that book by a great many people.

message 7: by Latasha, ThE LoSt GiRL (new)

Dan wrote: "Latasha wrote: "that sounds great. I'm going to order the actual book so it will be a while before I get to it as well, maybe Feb."

Sounds good. Let me know. I'll order it too, I was told about th..."

it's way cheaper to order it than even the kindle version.

message 8: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

Latasha wrote: " Dan wrote: "Latasha wrote: "that sounds great. I'm going to order the actual book so it will be a while before I get to it as well, maybe Feb."

Sounds good. Let me know. I'll order it too, I was ..."

LOL...I don't use kindle. I'd rather have a book I can hold in my hands.

message 9: by Latasha, ThE LoSt GiRL (new)

Dan wrote: "Latasha wrote: " Dan wrote: "Latasha wrote: "that sounds great. I'm going to order the actual book so it will be a while before I get to it as well, maybe Feb."

Sounds good. Let me know. I'll orde..."

I use all forms, lol. books, kindle, nook, audio...I can multitask better that way.

message 10: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

Latasha wrote: " Dan wrote: "Latasha wrote: " Dan wrote: "Latasha wrote: "that sounds great. I'm going to order the actual book so it will be a while before I get to it as well, maybe Feb."

Sounds good. Let me kn..."

To each their own ;-)

message 11: by Latasha, ThE LoSt GiRL (new)

Dan wrote: "Latasha wrote: " Dan wrote: "Latasha wrote: " Dan wrote: "Latasha wrote: "that sounds great. I'm going to order the actual book so it will be a while before I get to it as well, maybe Feb."

Sounds..."

yep :)

message 12: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

Latasha wrote: " Dan wrote: "Latasha wrote: " Dan wrote: "Latasha wrote: " Dan wrote: "Latasha wrote: "that sounds great. I'm going to order the actual book so it will be a while before I get to it as well, maybe ..."

I wasn't criticizing you...I was just saying, "to each their own".

message 13: by Latasha, ThE LoSt GiRL (new)

I know, I don’t mean to sound grumpy if I did. I was agreeing.

message 14: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (last edited Dec 23, 2017 07:20PM) (new)

LOL...no you didn't at all. Multitasking is good.

message 15: by Latasha, ThE LoSt GiRL (new)

I think so. I’m usually listening to one and reading one at the same time.

message 16: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

Latasha wrote: "I think so. I’m usually listening to one and reading one at the same time."

That's cool. I usually jump back and forth between one book and the next but it tends to make me dizzy after a while.

message 17: by Latasha, ThE LoSt GiRL (new)

I can definitely see that.

message 18: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

LOL...yeah, I juggle a lot of books. It's hard going from one story to the next.

message 19: by Latasha, ThE LoSt GiRL (new)

My limit is usually 3.

message 20: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

Latasha wrote: "My limit is usually 3."

That's a good number. If you go and look on my page, I'm a little nuts with how many books I'm juggling. LOL.

message 21: by Latasha, ThE LoSt GiRL (new)

I got Sunglasses after Dark but I don’t think I can fit it in just yet. Tommyknockers is a hellva book!

message 22: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (last edited Dec 30, 2017 06:24PM) (new)

Latasha wrote: "I got Sunglasses after Dark but I don’t think I can fit it in just yet. Tommyknockers is a hellva book!"

LOL. I just got Live Girls in the mail today. Stephen King said he thought he fucked up Tommyknockers cause he was on high on coke the whole time. He gave that shit up a long time ago of course.

message 23: by Latasha, ThE LoSt GiRL (new)

I’m not very far into it.

message 24: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

What, Tommyknockers or the other one?

message 25: by Latasha, ThE LoSt GiRL (new)

Dan wrote: "What, Tommyknockers or the other one?"

Tommyknockers, maybe 50 pages.

message 26: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

Is it good?

message 27: by Latasha, ThE LoSt GiRL (new)

Dan wrote: "Is it good?"

um..i don't know yet lol

message 28: by Siiri (new)

Siiri Cressey | 3 comments I recommend Elaine Bergstrom's Austra series. Shattered Glass is the first.

message 29: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

Oh, no offense but I am not a fan of Elaine Bergstrom. She's the one who wrote that horrible "sequel" to Dracula called Mina. Hated that book.

But, I can't judge the other series you mentioned based on that. Maybe it's better.

message 30: by Siiri (new)

Siiri Cressey | 3 comments Dan wrote: "Oh, no offense but I am not a fan of Elaine Bergstrom. She's the one who wrote that horrible "sequel" to Dracula called Mina. Hated that book.

But, I can't judge the other series you mentioned ba..."

I have not read Mina.

message 31: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

Siiri wrote: " Dan wrote: "Oh, no offense but I am not a fan of Elaine Bergstrom. She's the one who wrote that horrible "sequel" to Dracula called Mina. Hated that book.

But, I can't judge the other series you..."

Don't. LOL. Stick to her other books.

message 32: by Siiri (new)

Siiri Cressey | 3 comments I am. As a side note, I really liked Renfield: Slave of Dracula.

message 33: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

Siiri wrote: "I am. As a side note, I really liked Renfield: Slave of Dracula."

I never read that one. Is it that good?