protector | original rp discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
records > the council

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 23, 2017 09:28PM) (new)

These are the members of the Council, who are in charge of evaluating those being trained. All members of the Council were once named Protector of the Regime, and were appointed to the Council upon the death of a preceding Council member. Likewise, these people will serve on the Council until their own deaths.

Members of the Council currently include:
Asao Yamashita (A), Renata Sánchez (W), Xifeng Jian (W), Omar Bayoh (F), Francisco Javier Santiago (E), Caroline Warden (A), Shreya Thakur (F), and Jaein Park (E).

Profiles of the members of the Council are posted according to the order in which they held the title of Protector of the Regime, and therefore also became members of the Council. Please note that there may have originally been more people in this lineup who are deceased for any number of reasons, and thus these members are not necessarily direct successors of each other.

Of the eight council members, there are currently two of each class — which means that there is no one class which holds political leverage.

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 26, 2017 03:07PM) (new)

N A M EA S A OY A M A S H I T A
C L A S SA I R
A G E80S E XM A L E

THE CYCLONE. The eldest member of the Council by far, Asao Yamashita is still a force to be reckoned with. Having seen many Protectors of the Regime and Council members come and go with time, Yamashita may or may not be well-liked, but is widely respected for his experience.

His Trials, only the sixth to be televised, were some of the quickest to finish. Yamashita was known to be a strong contender despite his small stature, and it proved to be true in his Trials.

Trapping the other contestants in a massive windstorm, Yamashita earned his victory. The wind speeds were immeasurable — beyond what could be recorded, and have yet to be surpassed — but known to be strong enough to snap the necks of his opponents.

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 26, 2017 03:03PM) (new)

N A M ER E N A T AS Á N C H E Z
C L A S SW A T E R
A G E51S E XF E M A L E

THE TSUNAMI. At the time of her Trials, Renata Sánchez was already known to be extremely powerful. According to polls at the time, 91% of the polled population expected her to win the title of Protector of the Regime.

Using her massive command of the water, Sánchez created tidal waves to wash her opponents away, leaving them trapped under crashing waves until she reached her victory.

While some appreciate Sánchez's down-to-earth image, others criticize her for seemingly not taking her job seriously enough. For the majority of the year she does not reside in the Regime's designated property, and instead travels the world to surf.

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 26, 2017 02:59PM) (new)

N A M EX I F E N GJ I A N
C L A S SW A T E R
A G E49S E XF E M A L E

THE PUPPETMASTER. Unpopular in the eyes of many for pushing the boundaries of what is considered ethical in elemental manipulation, Xifeng Jian is considered the mother of human elemental manipulation.

Though there had been no attempts to hide the power with which she could command water, most believed that Jian would take a similar approach to her predecessor, Councilwoman Sánchez, and overpower her enemies with her command of the sea.

Instead, she revealed an area she had been practicing for a long time, known only to her trainers and the members of the Council who belonged to the Water Class. By using her command of water to use bodily fluids to force the other competitors to move as if puppets, she drowned all three of them. Her methods were later outlawed.

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 26, 2017 02:55PM) (new)

N A M EO M A RB A Y O H
C L A S SF I R E
A G E45S E XM A L E

THE PHOENIX. Omar Bayoh was not expected to win. Going into his Trials, his capabilities were known mostly by his trainers and the single Councilwoman before whom he demonstrated his abilities. The Trials came at a time at which no Fire Class students stood out, Bayoh included.

At the beginning of his Trials, it seemed that Bayoh was fighting a losing battle. Some thought that the Water Class' hold of the Protector's seat would continue, despite Councilwoman Jian's human manipulation techniques being outlawed.

Injured but not defeated, Bayoh focused on regaining his own strength as the other competitors were targeted before making his strike, and thus winning the title of Protector of the Regime.

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 26, 2017 01:23PM) (new)

N A M EF R A N C I S C OJ A V I E RS A N T I A G O
C L A S SE A R T H
A G E43S E XM A L E

THE EARTHSHAKER. Favored from the start, Francisco Javier Santiago always showed an exceptional amount of power in his training. A quick learner, it did not take long for him to move to greater and greater goals — Protector of the Regime was no exception.

Using his — quite literally — ground-rattling tactics, it did not take long for Santiago to create a safe higher ground for himself, as well as overtake his competitors. None of the other three competitors actually died of injuries related to his earthquakes; rather, they took each other out in their close proximity to each other.

Because of this, Santiago has long since remained one of the most popular Council members, even after his term as Protector came to an end. Santiago continues to push for the Earth Class to aid in disaster relief across the world, which many praise him for, and cynics call a political move.

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 23, 2017 10:20PM) (new)

N A M EC A R O L I N EW A R D E N
C L A S SA I R
A G E35S E XF E M A L E

THE WHISTLER. Caroline Warden has drawn controversy for her win for Protector of the Regime, seeing as there were no lives taken for her victory. Her tactics have been seen by some as pacifistic, and by others as sadistic, torturous, and detestable.

Initially seen as a sweet-looking underdog by the public, who rooted for her because she seemed too "good" to be partaking in the competition, Warden quickly shifted the public's opinion of herself.

Rather than following in the footsteps of her Air class predecessors, Warden elected to not display her power in form of storm, but in sound. Using command of air to create a disturbingly overwhelming combination of sounds, Warden did not relent until her opponents forfeited. Of her competitors, only one returned as a functioning member of society, although permanently deaf; of the other two, one is institutionalized after the trauma and the other committed suicide.

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 23, 2017 10:11PM) (new)

N A M ES H R E Y AT H A K U R
C L A S SF I R E
A G E35S E XF E M A L E

THE INFERNO. An instant favorite as contender for Protector of the Regime, Shreya Thakur quite literally blazed through her competition. Even in her youth, Thakur was shown to be a prodigy of her class, showing not only control but immense power.

Showing no remorse, Thakur incinerated her competitors and, in the process, was herself burnt. After three days under the care of the Regime's healers, Thakur was determined to have the capacity to serve as the Protector.

Despite high stakes, Thakur has always been unafraid to resort to reckless tactics to overpower her enemies. This left many unsettled during her competition and during her time seated as Protector. Most of those fears have quieted since the end of her term as Protector after only two years.

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 26, 2017 02:59PM) (new)

N A M EJ A E I NP A R K
C L A S SE A R T H
A G E33S E XM A L E

THE BLACKGUARD. With his young age and unassuming appearance, Jaein Park was the least favored of his Trials to win the title of Protector of the Regime. This was, perhaps, to his advantage, because it made his innovation and cunning all the more shocking. Drawing inspiration from Councilwoman Jian who won the competition years before him, Jaein Park dared to test what none of the Earth class before him had: human manipulation.

As it turns out, years of burying his nose in books and learning the sciences worked in his favor. Though earth manipulation on a large skill had never been his forte — as is usually the trademark of Earth class Protectors, as per Councilman Santiago — he always excelled at precision. Park sought to find a way around the rules, and he did — there is more than fluid in the human body, after all. There are also the minerals absorbed by the body — the same as the abiogenic compounds found in the earth.

When his competitors failed, one by one, to wake each morning, their body processes stopped as their bodily fluid movement was halted, the Regime turned to the Water class to investigate foul play. On the fourth day, only Jaein Park remained, autopsies revealed clotting in the blood vessels from minerals, and a new brand of earth manipulation was born. His methods were later outlawed.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.