What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Just to chat > What's The Name of That Film

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Summer (new)

Summer | 38 comments I know this is goodREADS, but I was hoping one of you internet bloodhounds could point me to a website where I might be able to ask for help finding a film.

Many thanks for reading.

message 2: by Wayne Baxter (new)

Wayne Baxter | 33 comments How much info do you have on the film? Do you know any of actors?

message 3: by Summer (new)

Summer | 38 comments Sadly no. All I remember are two scenes. It wasn't a great movie, but it is bugging me that I have not been able to figure out what it was. The internet should solve everything, right? I think it was a B-movie; I posted the following on the forum at badmovies.org but haven't gotten any responses. I was curious if anyone knew of other sites I might try.

In the mid-80’s on local tv, I watched a movie that was a Bond-type movie. The good guy was trying to stop annihilation of humans by the bad guy who was going to render humanity sterile or at least disinterested in reproducing. There was a scene in a cave with a woman dancing with fire. The bad guy had a hideout/laboratory/rocket launcher in a mountain. I am not clear on whether the rocket was to preserve him or harm others or both. Also, he had rounded up and froze/immobilized women for himself. It was like a conveyer belt of life size Barbies. (No doubt, this is the part that fascinated me as a child.)

message 4: by Molly (new)

Molly I run a group on the following site called What's The Name of That Movie? Can you tell that I was inspired by this group here on GR?

http://netflixcommunity.ning.com/

You can join the community (which is not affiliated with Neftlix), then join our Group and post your search in a discussion there. Here's a link to the group specifically:

http://netflixcommunity.ning.com/grou...

message 5: by Summer (new)

Summer | 38 comments Thanks Molly! I will certainly follow your link later tonight.

message 6: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (seeford) | 63 comments Also try www.imdb.com ...I think they have a forum on there...

message 7: by Summer (new)

Summer | 38 comments Thanks for the tip, Carolyn.

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) Summer wrote: "I know this is goodREADS, but I was hoping one of you internet bloodhounds could point me to a website where I might be able to ask for help finding a film.

Many thanks for reading."

Could we make a group on HERE over that?

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Katelyn,

There are all sorts of movie groups in groups at Goodreads. Any member can also start a new group. I'd peruse the existing groups first and start a new group if none meet your needs.

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) Oh....sorry...

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments No problem, Katelyn. It's just that this group is busy enough trying to help members find long lost books. I think it's best not to branch out further, especially when there are so many existing groups and any member can create a group. You're not the only member at Goodreads who's interested in movies; many of us enjoy them a lot.