Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > please uncombine, two different works

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda G. Stevens (amandagstevens) | 109 comments I'm not sure how recently this was done, but these two works were not always combined like this: https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

This is an error. There and Back is not an alternate title of Diary of an Old Soul. The former is one of the author's novels. Please uncombine so they are distinct works again.

Thanks!

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (bookwormhannah) | 196 comments Got it.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda G. Stevens (amandagstevens) | 109 comments Hannah wrote: "Got it."

Thanks, Hannah! :-)

message 4: by Amanda (last edited Dec 22, 2017 08:58PM) (new)

Amanda G. Stevens (amandagstevens) | 109 comments Hannah wrote: "Got it."

Okay, one final thing: there is still an edition of There and Back showing as an edition of Diary. It's the Michael Phillips abridgment, here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...

If that one can be moved to There and Back, the two titles will be resolved completely.

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (bookwormhannah) | 196 comments Thought I selected that one. Ugh. Going over to fix it.

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda G. Stevens (amandagstevens) | 109 comments Hannah wrote: "Thought I selected that one. Ugh. Going over to fix it."

Looks good now! Thanks. :-)

message 7: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (bookwormhannah) | 196 comments Sure!

message 8: by Amanda (last edited Dec 22, 2017 10:11PM) (new)

Amanda G. Stevens (amandagstevens) | 109 comments Hannah wrote: "Sure!"

Okay, I have one last thing ... can you add back the First Pub year for There and Back (should be 1891)? Looks like it got erased (or maybe that title never had a first pub year; I'm not sure which).

Oh--make that two things (sorry!!). There and Back should be in the Curate's Awakening series (Book 3) and Diary of an Old Soul should be a standalone title. Right now that has been reversed.

For real now, I think that will make both editions totally accurate.

message 9: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (bookwormhannah) | 196 comments That's annoying that it messed up the series as well. I know for a fact that the series was originally correct when I rated it a few years ago.

message 10: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (bookwormhannah) | 196 comments Whew! The caching issue made the series part stubborn...I had to grab my copy and look it up by ISBN. ;)

Does everything look good now?

message 11: by Amanda (last edited Dec 22, 2017 10:37PM) (new)

Amanda G. Stevens (amandagstevens) | 109 comments Hannah wrote: "Whew! The caching issue made the series part stubborn...I had to grab my copy and look it up by ISBN. ;)

Does everything look good now?"

Yes! When I look at the series page, There and Back is there now instead of Diary. It no longer says "book 3," but it does identify the correct book as part of the series.

Thanks for all the fixing! Hope it sticks this time (because I agree: I know ALL of this was correct at one time).

message 12: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (bookwormhannah) | 196 comments Yep! It's annoying when people hit the wrong button when combining.

message 13: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (bookwormhannah) | 196 comments Now it says book 3. :)

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda G. Stevens (amandagstevens) | 109 comments Hannah wrote: "Now it says book 3. :)"

Aha! Yes, it does. Perfection. Many thanks and merry Christmas. :-)

message 15: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (bookwormhannah) | 196 comments Merry Christmas yourself!