What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Exit Here.
This topic is about Exit Here.
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA/fiction - drugs/cocaine and teens. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dominique (new) - added it

Dominique NotDom (d__nique) | 3 comments Hi guys - this has been bothering me for a few days. All details I remember about it below:

Physical book (cover image, size, etc)
- It was about maybe 1-1.5 inches thick
- Small in size; no more than 9 in? more square-shaped
- Cover image: white copy on an image of a road asphalt with a blue sky backdrop. The title is overlaid on the blue sky

Title: I believe it's only a one-word title

Author: might've been male

Contents
- Cocaine
- Told from a teenage guy's POV
- Bumps. Lots of occurrences of the word 'bumps' and doing bumps on keys
- Main character has a guy friend
- There may have been a love interest
- Bad decisions being made
- Parents involved

Unfortunately, that's all I got. Read this at least over 10 years ago. Thank you anyone!

message 2: by Kris (last edited Dec 23, 2017 02:59PM) (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Dominique, could it be a nonfiction book?

Tulia Race, Cocaine, and Corruption in a Small Texas Town by Nate Blakeslee A long shot - Tulia: Race, Cocaine, and Corruption in a Small Texas Town ("Tulia", 2005) by Nate Blakeslee?

message 3: by Dominique (new) - added it

Dominique NotDom (d__nique) | 3 comments Kris wrote: "Dominique, could it be a nonfiction book?

Tulia Race, Cocaine, and Corruption in a Small Texas Town by Nate Blakeslee A long shot - [book:Tulia: Race, Cocaine, and Corruption in a Small Texas To..."

Hi Kris - thanks for the response! Unfortunately, it's not that book you shared. It was a light blue sky for the image cover, definitely fiction and no more than two words to the title for sure. Appreciate it.

message 4: by Dominique (new) - added it

Dominique NotDom (d__nique) | 3 comments Exit Here. by Jason Myers
Exit Here.

I was wrong about the image cover; it wasn't a road but still a blue sky with a diving board!

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
No worries, Dominique. It's close enough that it might have caught someone's eye doing a Google Image search. Glad you found your book.