A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) A Court of Mist and Fury discussion

HELP ME FIND MY NEXT BOOK

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Leslie I need help finding my next book. The perfect book that sums up what I love to read is a Court of Mist and Fury (yes the second one to be exact). I loved the first one but then Rhysand came in the picture and damn. What do I love?
-hate him turns to love (if its done correctly and the hate has a good reason)
-humor. I need some humor in there(rhysand is a perfect example)
-sexual tension
-sex at the END.
-no cheating.
-fantasy in some way (but not vampires)
-action and a good story plot
-romance that takes place between the action
Any help?? I know its too specific, I basically just summed up that book but its perfection to me.

Eliza Mcleod omg I totally agree with you!!!! It's so hard to find books like that but the only that comes from the top of my head right now would be the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas (the same author as a court of mist and fury).

p.s im honestly so sick of vampire fantasy. Hopefully 2018 will provide us with more adventures of the fae.

p.p.s good luck! :))

Eliza Mcleod ooh have you tried The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare?

Andreana Gerfers The Bargainer series by Laura Thalassa! So so so good! It totally got me out of my ACOTAR hangover. It has everything that you're looking for! Love, action, fantasy, humor, and a main charater that is very Rhys-like! Happy reading!!!

Leslie I just read the summary. This will be my next book. Thank you!!!

Andreana Gerfers Yay! You won't be disappointed! There are 3 books out now and the next one is scheduled to be out real soon. It will be the final one in the series.

Renee Ooooo same Rhapsodic looks good. Any other recs?!

Jessica The books that helped me with my ACOTAR hangover was Lord of the Fading Lands. Slow to start, very similar.

Eliana OMG I feel the same way! I'm trying to read Mass's other series but finding it hard to drive into.

Leslie Thank you ❤️ I’m screenshooting everything lol

Destiny The Grishaverse series is a great one. Shadow and Bone is the first book in the series by Leigh Bardugo

message 12: by Kyra (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kyra Davies Andreana wrote: "The Bargainer series by Laura Thalassa! So so so good! It totally got me out of my ACOTAR hangover. It has everything that you're looking for! Love, action, fantasy, humor, and a main charater that..."

OMG YAASSS! This series is so underrated!!

LindsDC try The Queen of the Tearling series by Erika Johansen, The Royals series by Erin Watt, Hideaway series by Penelope Douglas (not fantasy at all but a great series anyway).

message 14: by Samira (last edited Jan 28, 2018 10:23AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Samira For all of you who just loved the ACOTAR trilogy just like me, you will probably also like ' A enchantment of ravens'.

Leslie Currently reading the bargainer series (book 1). I’ll be back when I’m done 🤗

Andreana Gerfers Samira, I've been thinking of buying Enchantment of Ravens! It sounds really good.

Leslie Kyra wrote: "Andreana wrote: "The Bargainer series by Laura Thalassa! So so so good! It totally got me out of my ACOTAR hangover. It has everything that you're looking for! Love, action, fantasy, humor, and a m..."

I LOVED IT. I stayed up until 1 am reading.

Leslie Andreana wrote: "The Bargainer series by Laura Thalassa! So so so good! It totally got me out of my ACOTAR hangover. It has everything that you're looking for! Love, action, fantasy, humor, and a main charater that..."

thank you for bringing this series in my life :)

message 19: by Agnes (new)

Agnes The immortals after dark series by Kresley Cole. An amazing series but the second book is phenomenal!

Andreana Gerfers Leslie, I'm so glad you loved it too!!!

message 21: by BM (new) - rated it 5 stars

BM Have you tried Sabaa Tahir's "An amber in the ashes" ? It checks on many of the items you put there... And it is REALLY good

message 22: by Rose (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rose Ever read the books of Patricia Briggs? It has a strong female main character, wolves, fae and most definitely sexual tension. The serie is called The Mercy Thompson series. But she has also written a other serie that is good: the Alpha and Omega series.

message 23: by Alex (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alex you should try out the "Fourth Protector" by Bri Baker on Wattpad, it pretty much hits all those points, its a series and she is on book 3. Did i mention it is free.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

YOU SHOULD READ A CURSE SO DARK AND LONELY!!!

There is a Character Named Grey Who is Like a Gentleman. He Has MORE Chemistry with The Heroine

There is Also a Character Named Rhen Who is Behaving Like Tamlin in ACOTAR. He is The Beast in This Story