What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romance: a woman (who later becomes a nurse?) goes to a wedding and hooks up with a man who leaves her pregnant. Years later he returns and her daughter (Jo?) hangs out with his large Mexican family.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber | 2 comments I'm looking for a romance book about a woman (who later I think becomes a nurse) who went to a wedding and hooked up with a man that left her pregnant. Years later he comes back and her daughter (her name I think is Jo) believes he is her father. Jo is always hanging out with his family (mexican) that is large and loud unlike her family of just her mom and strict grandmother. The man and woman get back together again for Jo but the man's mother is completely against having them in the family for personal reasons. Please help I would really like to read this again.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
Amber, please provide plot details (no spoilers) and the genre of the book you’re looking for in the Topic header - not something vague like "Help! can't remember this book". Someone is more likely to recognize your book.

This post guides you through how to create your query:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35166 comments Mod
Amber, I added plot details to your topic header. Feel free to edit using the desktop website, not the mobile app.

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Why does the grandmother/H's mother not want them in the family? If you think it might be a spoiler, just say Spoiler alert (Or got to Some HTML is OK (view spoiler) and you will get that.

This group is OK with spoilers--in fact, many times it's the spoilers that get the book found, so we do encourage the use of them--just not in your thread title.

message 5: by Amber (new)

Amber | 2 comments Well I remember the grandmother was raped as a young teen by white men and as the woman is white making her granddaughter half white she completely rejects her granddaughter.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
Amber, are you still looking for this or did you find it?