Play Book Tag discussion

Everything, Everything
This topic is about Everything, Everything
December 2017: Social Issues > Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon 3.75 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karin | 6996 comments 3.75 stars rounded up

Maddie has spent the last 17 years living in her house, bound by a very rare disease. She sees her mother and her nurse, Carla, who are both wonderful, and she has learned to enjoy her life. Olly moves next door, and the two end up meeting online where they click, and Maddie's whole world changes now that she has a friend her age.

This is a fun read, and a strong debut. Yes, Yoon's second book is stronger, but that is how it should be for a developing author. Yoon does a great job of developing her characters, and while also smart in many ways, Maddie and Olly are NOT Daniel and Natasha. These are not cookie cutter novels with the same story told in different ways. Now I want to see the movie.

YES, this was shelved "social issues" 11 times before I did my shelves, and I agree with this. It's hard to go too much into it without giving away certain spoilers so I'll say no more.

message 2: by Joi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3809 comments I agree with everything. I enjoyed The Sun Is Also a Star better, but this was good too.

Also want to see the movie!