The Alchemist The Alchemist discussion

BOOK REVIEW

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Juana Rodriguez I would like to start of by saying that the book wasn't what I expected. Overall, it was okay but I personally think it could have been better. If you like to read self-help or magical realism books, then this book is perfect for you. For those who like more of mystery or crime, then don't read this book. Here's a quick summary: this book is mainly about a shepherd boy named Santiago who travels from his homeland in Spain to the Egyptian desert in search of buried desert in the pyramids. On his way he meets different characters who point him into the direction oh his quest. No one knows if there is a treasure or if he'll be able to overcome the obstacles on the way there. But what starts as a journey ends up being a life lesson of finding the treasure within oneself. I personally think that this book was okay since it had really meaningful quotes which spoke to me. However some of the events didn't turn out how I expected specially the ending, which for me it sort of ruin the book or didn't really allow me to enjoy the book. I felt like there was too much going on at a time which kind of threw me off what I was reading. I think maybe if I would have had more time reading the book then I would have enjoyed it more.

message 2: by Jhovani (new)

Jhovani “The Alchemist” is a book which tells the story of a shepherd, who is trying to achieves a dream. As the story runs, he faces lots of obstacles, one of them is that he has to choose between follow his dreams or stay with the love of his life. I think the author of the book has a great ability to take you in the book. As i read it, I could understand easily what was happening even I could felt the desert air blowing in my face, that is one of the strengths of this book, it takes you in the story. I also think the book has some weakness such as the vocabulary that it uses, there are some hard meaning words. I think will be good to add a vocabulary sheet at the end of the book with the meaning of those words. All people who likes read motivational book or if there is somebody who is trying to achieve their dreams, they will love this book. Asc well people who thinks people don’t like see other achieve their dreams or think life sticks maybe they will hate this book but i totally recommend this book.

Johnny Jhovani wrote: "“The Alchemist” is a book which tells the story of a shepherd, who is trying to achieves a dream. As the story runs, he faces lots of obstacles, one of them is that he has to choose between follow ..."

So what'd you think? Did you love the book or not?