Obsessed with True Crime discussion

Don't Tell a Soul
This topic is about Don't Tell a Soul
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Don't Tell a Soul by M.W. Phelps

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (last edited Dec 22, 2017 07:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lady ♥ Belleza (bella_foxx) | 3358 comments Mod
Member Josh wants to do a buddy read with Don't Tell a Soul. Anyone feel up to it?

Fishface | 12074 comments I just got mine in the mail. Ready, willing and able, yessir!

message 3: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) | 1266 comments Oh, I thought Buddy Read was a new serial killer.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

OK Fishface I'm ready are you

Hari Brandl (crochetbuddies) | 555 comments K.A. wrote: "Oh, I thought Buddy Read was a new serial killer."

That's so cute!

Fishface | 12074 comments My concern is that there's nobody else in the group who hasn't already read this one. There are so many Phelps phreaks here. Does everyone have a copy of this one already?

message 7: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) | 1266 comments I don't have a copy, but I don't want to commit to reading it within a certain time period (as usual for me) since other things tend to get in the way. I am a Phelps fan, though.

message 8: by Stacey (new) - added it

Stacey | 123 comments Oh! I love a good female psychopath. I'll try to find a copy.

Hari Brandl (crochetbuddies) | 555 comments So, I may as well do the buddy read with Josh, et al. I just found I can read it on "hoopla".

Fishface | 12074 comments Stacey wrote: "Oh! I love a good female psychopath. I'll try to find a copy."

I'm 1/4 of the way in and she's a real doozy.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

this Cherry Walker has OCD she had 8 bottles of Pine-Sol

message 12: by Hari (new) - rated it 2 stars

Hari Brandl (crochetbuddies) | 555 comments "she had 8 bottles of Pine-Sol" ... and... what?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

she was obsessed with cleanliness just like Monk on the TV show actually she had like 12 bottles

Fishface | 12074 comments And her employer appears to have been her natural-born opposite. To put it nicely. Yeesh.

Fishface | 12074 comments This chick is far worse than a garden-variety psychopath, many of whom are clean, decent human beings who are also, you know, psychopathic. I'm waiting to find out what drugs she was abusing.

Let's be accurate here. Cherry bought 8 to 12 bottles of Pine-Sol per shopping trip..

message 16: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) | 1266 comments The fumes from the Pine-Sol were probably contributing to her mental issues!

message 17: by Stacey (new) - added it

Stacey | 123 comments A little too much Pine-Sol puts me over the top. I caved and bought a kindle copy. Against my better 'I don't have time for this book right now' judgement.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

OK so I'm on page 81 now and I can't stand Kim Cargill I mean think about it she has a little boy and Cherry's the one taking care of him, because whenever he comes over he's always hungry his clothes are dirty and he doesn't take a bath at Kim's house Cherry has to bathe him. Her caseworker was always worried about him too, I give Cherry credit BIG TIME because even though she's disabled she takes good care of that kid

message 19: by Stacey (new) - added it

Stacey | 123 comments I need to catch up to you Josh! Thanks for posting what page you're on.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

you're welcome

message 21: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Moving this to the Challenges folder.

Fishface | 12074 comments K.A. wrote: "The fumes from the Pine-Sol were probably contributing to her mental issues!"

To clarify: the woman with the Pine-Sol habit is NOT the one with the mental issues.

message 23: by Stacey (new) - added it

Stacey | 123 comments Fishface wrote: "K.A. wrote: "The fumes from the Pine-Sol were probably contributing to her mental issues!"

To clarify: the woman with the Pine-Sol habit is NOT the one with the mental issues."

Oh, I thought it was the same person. Cherry's parents keep telling officers how clean she liked things and the neighbors said how she liked to buy cleaning products every time they went to the dollar store. BUT maybe I haven't read far enough!

Fishface | 12074 comments You haven't. You definitely haven't.

Joe says "she has no idea how bad things are about to get!"

Fishface | 12074 comments Since you state an interest, I'm on page 228.

message 26: by Stacey (new) - added it

Stacey | 123 comments oh goodie!

message 27: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (last edited Dec 27, 2017 07:47AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'll have to see if I have/can get this book.

OH GOODIE! My library has it.

message 28: by Stacey (new) - added it

Stacey | 123 comments Lady♥Belleza★✰ wrote: "I'll have to see if I have/can get this book.

OH GOODIE! My library has it."

Lucky you!

message 29: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm already on page 426. Kim Cargill is an interesting character.

Queen of understatement

message 30: by Stacey (new) - added it

Stacey | 123 comments Fishface wrote: "You haven't. You definitely haven't.

Joe says "she has no idea how bad things are about to get!""

That gif is too funny!

message 31: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new) - rated it 4 stars

I finished it.

Fishface | 12074 comments I just did too. I would cut and paste my review to this discussion if I could finger out how to do it using the Kindle app. This Kindle business feels pretty "Iin the tail on the donkey," are you digging me?

Fishface | 12074 comments I meant PIN the tail on the donkey. Sheesh!

message 34: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new) - rated it 4 stars

My Review:

I read this in a day.

Once again a stellar job by Mr. Phelps. He gives a voice to the victim, not making her a goody-goody but bringing out her personality, comments from those who loved her. He shows the evil perpetrator, not with his own words, but the testimony of others, who in his words, "could not find anything nice to say about her".

4 big stars and a recommendation.

message 35: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fishface wrote: "I just did too. I would cut and paste my review to this discussion if I could finger out how to do it using the Kindle app. This Kindle business feels pretty "Iin the tail on the donkey," are you d..."

Ff's review:

"This was an excellent read about a really twisted criminal case. The author draws pretty clear portraits of the killer and her victims, leaving little doubt that it all happened just the way he says it did. With that said, I have some unanswered questions. It seems to me that Family Protective Services should have been down this woman's throat years before; was nobody reporting her? That's the big one. And how well was this defendant able to participate in her own defense, given her two-fisted problem-solving skills? I generally liked the writing, but Phelps kept getting too wordy and gumming up what he was trying to say. The copy needed a good text editing. "

Fishface | 12074 comments TY!

message 37: by Koren (new)

Koren  (koren56) | 1366 comments Lady♥Belleza★✰ wrote: "Fishface wrote: "I just did too. I would cut and paste my review to this discussion if I could finger out how to do it using the Kindle app. This Kindle business feels pretty "Iin the tail on the d..."

I'm pretty sure Phelps has never been called a man of few words. LOL!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.