85 Books (secretly 100)
Listopia - Books set in the Tudor England
Listopia (2)
Nicole's Cultural Tour - 6 countries or cultures
10-12 Owned Books
Always Fall Flurries

and maybe: 5 non-fiction

1 book about Queen Catherine the Great

1 book by an author whose other things I have liked: Something by either Joshilyn Jackson, Christina Baker Kilne, or Taylor Jenkins Reid

Kids Challenges -
Finish Harry Potter 5 and 7 with the illiterate older two

With Littlest guy:
Mr Poppers Penguins
Million Dollar Shot
Fantastic Mr. Fox
James and the Giant Peach
begin the Moongobble and Me Series

message 2: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2219 comments Love Joshilyn Jackson! I missed Nicole's Cultural Tour - need to go check it out.

message 3: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3808 comments My guess for you was a historical fiction list! Tudor England non fiction maybe? Haha.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8503 comments Finally a chance for you to get a Korean literature list.....

message 5: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3808 comments Oh! That's a good idea!!! Haha, I have been looking at other lists, but that might be a really good route to go!! Thanks Amy, maybe I'll finally get to The Calligrapher's Daughter!

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8503 comments I just wasted like an hour looking at the damn lists. Seeing if I can come up with something just a little bit different or wonky. I'm gonna end up with a boring tried-and-true set, instead of girl in the red dress.

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8503 comments Wasted a lot of middle of the night time researching lists and I discovered that I really love the Listopia challenge! Guess what - I am expanding on the Tudor Idea. The first of my two lists that I like is Remarkable Women in Historical Fiction. What I love about this, is that there are so many more folks other than Queens and Tudor Queen's and Queen's Court. There is Cleopatra, and Eve, and Mademoiselle Chanel. Even Mrs. Houdini would qualify. I liked the range of this so much more.

My second (of five) lists that I liked that I think I am going to go for, is this: Amazon Top 100 for 2017. There are 8 books on my TBR, and I think I am just going to knock them off. Neither list is unusual or a schnazzy title, but this feels right.

There are three other lists I am keeping my eyes on, just to see how many of each happen - there is in fact some crossover between the five. My favorite fun one is Girl in a Red Dress. Why not spend a year seeing how many covers of a girl in a red dress I can read? The other two are boring (to you). Historical fiction in the Jazz Age. I love that; Gatsby and all that. There are a few red dresses in there. The last is Historical Fiction with a dash of Magic. Couldn't help myself. I'm going to go for sure for the first two, but see how many of the other three I happen to fill.

message 8: by Jeremiah (new)

Jeremiah Cunningham | 712 comments Amy wrote: "Monthly Tags
Decathlon
85 Books (secretly 100)
Listopia - Books set in the Tudor England
Listopia (2)
Nicole's Cultural Tour - 6 countries or cultures
10-12 Owned Books
Always Fall Flurries

and ma..."

I love that Mr. Popper's Penguins is on your list. My son will be a baby penguin in our local community theater performance and so this book has been on all of our radars.

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8503 comments Its the last year of my 40's - I'm entering my 50th year today! I'm really enjoying the Chillbury Ladies Choir. Maybe I get a moment on my own in Starbucks to enjoy it. Driving kids around all day, and I think tonight my husband and I will go out to dinner. Maybe see Pitch Perfect 3 with 15 year old in the afternoon, to hubby at night.

Thought today, at the start of my 50th year is a good time to announce what books I have my eye on for 2018. Here's my short list:

*If the Creek Don't Rise
Caspian Rain
Girl in the Tower
We were the Lucky Ones
*Beartown
Karolina's Twins
The Pearl Sister
The Opposite of Fate - Amy Tan
*Elinor Oliphant
The Winter Palace
The Rose of Fire
The Beauty Queen of Jerusalem
The Great Alone
From Sand and Ash
The hate U give
Columns of Fire
Three Daughters of Eve
The Other Queen
The Last Tudor
The Keeper of Lost Things
The Ghostwriter
Little fires everywhere?
The cooking gene
Strange the dreamer

Would love to say that I will have gotten to most of these somehow in 2018. Maybe 18 of 24? As of January, new short list books go on a the next list.

Thought I would add it to my challenge tracker, as its a special year upcoming. First half the year is focused on my middle son's bar mitzvah. The second half of the year moves towards my 50th birthday, with many friends 50th's peppered in between! Beginning this weekend, a year of celebrations begin. May this be a year of sacred experience and conversation, joy, growth, new ideas, deepening of connections. May we all live fully and deeply, enjoy every moment, and fall in love with the perfect amount of books. Thank you all for sharing this journey with me. May 2018 be a beautiful and blessed year for everyone, in books and in life.

Next up.... I'm heading to the library today to pick up a slew of books. I think my best chance to find Ellinor Olliphant for my special January Linda read, is to grab it off the seven day speed reads. When I put my name on the list I was the 144th hold on 76 books. I have a month (or less) to find it waiting for me at just the right time. Today is the day! Then I use this Winter Break time to finish Chillbury Choir and Elinor, and review it around the first or 2nd of the year. Perfect start to the year.... Love to all....

message 10: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5735 comments Amy wrote: "Its the last year of my 40's - I'm entering my 50th year today! I'm really enjoying the Chillbury Ladies Choir. Maybe I get a moment on my own in Starbucks to enjoy it. Driving kids around all day,..."

Happy Birthday!

message 11: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6423 comments Happy, happy birthday Amy!!!

message 12: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Happy birthday Amy!

message 13: by Chili (new)

Chili Hanson (chilipinkcat) | 110 comments Happy Birthday Amy! 🎉🎂🎁👍

message 14: by KateNZ (last edited Dec 29, 2017 11:11PM) (new)

KateNZ | 2319 comments Happy (belated) birthday to youuuuu!