Horror Aficionados discussion

Authors > Bentley Little

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Francisco (new)

Francisco Ponce palmero | 102 comments In Spain they have only published a book by him, El almacén, The store, I think he is a very Kingesque autor, is it true? what about his other books?

message 2: by Micah (last edited Dec 22, 2017 04:19AM) (new)

Micah Castle (micahcastle) | 1644 comments He is kind of like King, but not really. The Store is a good book, so are The Mailman, The Burning, and The Summoning, although I enjoyed Store and Mailman the most.

message 3: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 150 comments My favorites of his are The Mailman and The Association. Least favorite of his that I have read so far is The House

message 4: by Phil (new)

Phil (chaoseum) | 776 comments The Ignored is fantastic, though it’s closer to Bizarro than Horror.

message 5: by Marie (new)

Marie | 3571 comments He does have some good stuff out there. Favorites for me so far are: The Haunted, The Resort, The Store, The Collection, Death Instinct, and The House. I have some of his other books but haven't read them yet.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 875 comments I liked The House and Revelation. Couldn't get into The Mailman but need to try again.

message 7: by Jay (new)

Jay (okay_jay) | 215 comments He's two for four for me, but I'm going to be trying more of his stuff soon.

message 8: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth McKinley | 1524 comments Mod
I've had Little's stuff on my TBR shelf for quite some time. Well, 2018 comes around along with new year's resolutions and now I'm almost half way through The House The House by Bentley Little . So far, so good. His writing style reminds me more of Robert McCammon than King. Good stuff!

message 9: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments i find Bentley Little in his own little niche. My favourite books that he has written, are social commentary mixed with satire and of course healthy dose of horror and gore (The association, The Store, The Policy ) He stories can almost edge on to really weird territory, but never fall blown insane. I really enjoy his books when i read them, although they usually have weak endings. I am looking forward to read his latest book The Handyman, which i brought recently. I believe he writes thoughtful horror and do recommend him highly.

message 10: by Kenneth (last edited Jan 13, 2018 08:42AM) (new)

Kenneth McKinley | 1524 comments Mod
Yeah, I have to admit that The House was only a 3 star read for me. His writing style is a nice easy flow and you can tell that all the skills are there to be in the upper echelon of writers. Unfortunately, everything became so repetitive and uninteresting. The last 100 pages were a chore to get through and I was not impressed with the ending. This was my first Little book and I've head that many of his other works are much stronger. He showed me enough to pick up another one of his and give it a go.

My review of The House:

https://kenmckinley.wordpress.com/201...