2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Kiran's 30+ Book Challenge

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kiran (new)

Kiran | 8 comments I aimed a little too high for 2017, I aimed for 50 and have only read 25 books (been preoccupied with working and studying this year!). I want to read 30 books for fun in 2018.

I also giving myself the challenge of not buying anymore books until I have finished all the books I currently own. (I already know that I am probably not going to meet this particular challenge).

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3280 comments I've found that setting a reading challenge is really trial-and-error. But it sounds like 30 might just be the golden mean for you.
I'd personally rather aim too low than be overwhelmed. In 2017, I didn't know how much I could read whilst balancing work and university, and managed to not only hit my goal, but raise twice and hit it again :) This year, I have a feeling I might've gotten cocky and aimed too high, but we will see :D

Good luck with your goal in the new year, Kiran! Do you have a book you can't wait to read?
Oh, and hey, if you do manage to restrain yourself from buying more books throughout the year, you must share your secret! ;)

message 3: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Kiran wrote: "I aimed a little too high for 2017, I aimed for 50 and have only read 25 books (been preoccupied with working and studying this year!). I want to read 30 books for fun in 2018.

I also giving mysel..."

Sounds like a nice goal Kiran! Wishing you the best of luck with it but above all I hope that you'll enjoy your reads! May you find some amazing ones along the way!

message 4: by Kiran (new)

Kiran | 8 comments Thanks Susy :)

message 5: by Kiran (new)

Kiran | 8 comments Lisa wrote: "I've found that setting a reading challenge is really trial-and-error. But it sounds like 30 might just be the golden mean for you.
I'd personally rather aim too low than be overwhelmed. In 2017, ..."

Thanks Lisa, hopefully I'll be able to read more than 30, I'm trying the Popsugar Challenge this year too.

I really want to expand my reading genres this year and I want to read IT by Stephen King and Neuromancer by William Gibson.

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3280 comments Kiran wrote: "Lisa wrote: "I've found that setting a reading challenge is really trial-and-error. But it sounds like 30 might just be the golden mean for you.
I'd personally rather aim too low than be overwhelm..."

Cool :) There are some really great prompts this year! I had a blast this year trying to match everything I read with the Popsugar prompts, and so I will definitely be joining again in 2018 :)
Have you considered the Genre Bingo challenge? I found it to be a really fun challenge that helped me stay on track and get out of my comfort zone.

message 7: by Kiran (new)

Kiran | 8 comments Lisa wrote: "Kiran wrote: "Lisa wrote: "I've found that setting a reading challenge is really trial-and-error. But it sounds like 30 might just be the golden mean for you.
I'd personally rather aim too low tha..."

I did not know about that challenge, I just looked it up, it looks great! Thanks for the tip :) the only one that stumps me is Space Opera, I'll have to research books for that prompt. Are you making your own bingo card?

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3280 comments Kiran wrote: "Lisa wrote: "Kiran wrote: "Lisa wrote: "I've found that setting a reading challenge is really trial-and-error. But it sounds like 30 might just be the golden mean for you.
I'd personally rather ai..."

According to Goodreads Space Opera is this. And yeah, I do. That's one of the reasons why I enjoy the challenge so much. Everyone can adapt it to whatever fits their reading preferences. There are certain genres that just aren't my thing (chic-lit, romance, self-help...) so I replace them with genres that could potentially interest me :)

message 9: by Blagica (new)

Blagica  | 12049 comments Best of luck with your challenge!

message 10: by Kiran (new)

Kiran | 8 comments Blagica wrote: "Best of luck with your challenge!"

Thanks Blagica!

message 11: by Blagica (new)

Blagica  | 12049 comments Hoping you had fun getting lost in some pages in your first month!

message 12: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Kiran wrote: "Thanks Susy :)"

You're welcome Kiran!
How is it going so far?

message 13: by Blagica (new)

Blagica  | 12049 comments Two months down ten to go! I hope March is a success for you.

message 14: by Blagica (new)

Blagica  | 12049 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads.

message 15: by Blagica (new)

Blagica  | 12049 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May!

message 16: by Blagica (new)

Blagica  | 12049 comments “I have always imagined paradise will be a kind of library.” I hope you find a corner in Paradise with some great books!!