THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > book cover images

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Christofora (coachkevin) | 3 comments lost the process to "add" a cover image to a book listed in goodreads. How do you you link it from another site... or upload an image to feed it.

thanks, i have looked long enough, i had to ask, sorry if it seems repetitive to the frequent users. Happy Holidays.

message 2: by Eric (last edited Dec 22, 2017 03:48AM) (new)

Eric Westfall (eawestfall) | 177 comments Kevin,

The GR code for adding your cover is kind of difficult to explain inside a post (at least for me), since if you just type the code in a post, GR thinks you're trying to upload an image and you get an error message.

Oooookaaaaaay. I just realized...

I'm looking at the comment box in which I'm writing. Up above are two links. One says "add book/author" and the other says "(some html is ok)."

If you click on the html one a box pops up and about a third of the way down you see the word "image" followed by the code.

First of all, forget the width/height/description parts. They're not necessary.

Second, in the example you see https (omitted stuff) image... between quotation marks. That's the URL from the third-party site where your cover is stored.

Third, the most frequent reason I mess up posting a pic is because I don't type the code precisely as written.

< Ximg XsrcX="X" >

If you (a) take each X out of the above and (b) take out the space after the left arrow and before the right arrow, you have the code. Don't forget that there is a space between img and src.

When you insert the URL between the two quote marks be sure there are no spaces before or after the URL.

Hope this helps.

Happy holidays.

Eric

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather Beal | 6 comments I am trying up get my updated cover images on GoodReads, but I cannot delete the current covers- so they are currently listed as 'additional' photos. Can anyone send me a quick note on who to contact or how to get those files switched? Thank you all and happy holidays - Heather

message 4: by Jean (new)

Jean Baxter | 24 comments Heather wrote: "I am trying up get my updated cover images on GoodReads, but I cannot delete the current covers- so they are currently listed as 'additional' photos. Can anyone send me a quick note on who to conta..."

Ask one of the librarians to help you. They may just do it for you. Merry Christmas!

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather Beal | 6 comments thank you!

message 6: by rivka (new)

rivka | 562 comments Requests to fix data of specific book(s) are best posted in the Librarians Group.

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather Beal | 6 comments rivka wrote: "Requests to fix data of specific book(s) are best posted in the Librarians Group."

thank you!