2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Debbie Reads

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Payne (debbiesreadingcorner) I am in for 150 books

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Deborah wrote: "I am in for 150 books"

Impressive goal Deborah! Wishing you the best of luck with it & happy reading!!

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3273 comments Good luck with your goal, Debbie! :)

message 4: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12008 comments Best of luck in the coming year!

message 5: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Payne (debbiesreadingcorner) 1. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde 2. We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie 3. Autoboyography by Christina Lauren 4. Black Lies by Alessandra Torre 5. The Bands of Mourning (Mistborn, #6) by Brandon Sanderson
Books already read for this month.

message 6: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Payne (debbiesreadingcorner) 6 . The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera 7. Coffee, Tea, or Murder? (Murder, She Wrote, #27) by Jessica Fletcher 8. Plum Lucky (Stephanie Plum, #13.5) by Janet Evanovich 9. Feed by M.T. Anderson 10. The Shack by William Paul Young 11. Dear Ijeawele, or a Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie 12. Plum Spooky (Stephanie Plum, #14.5) by Janet Evanovich

message 7: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Payne (debbiesreadingcorner) 13. The Lost Heir (Wings of Fire, #2) by Tui T. Sutherland 14. Renegades (Renegades, #1) by Marissa Meyer 15. Angels at the Table (Angels Everywhere, #7) by Debbie Macomber 16. The Hidden Kingdom (Wings of Fire, #3) by Tui T. Sutherland 17. Living the young women values by Janette Hales Beckham 18. The Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare 19. The Sword in the Stone (The Once and Future King, #1) by T.H. White 20. Broken Date by R.L. Stine 21. The Dark Secret (Wings of Fire, #4) by Tui T. Sutherland 22. Lists to Live By The First Collection For Everything that Really Matters (Lists to Live By) by John Van Diest 23. Otherworld (Otherworld, #1) by Jason Segel
This finishes my reading for January.

message 8: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Wow Deborah! That’s almost a book a day! You’re on a roll!

message 9: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12008 comments You are doing great keep up the great reads!

message 10: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Payne (debbiesreadingcorner) February was another good reading month for me. Here is what I read. 24. Stuart Little by E.B. White 25. All By Myself Alone by Mary Higgins Clark 26. New Moon The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight The Graphic Novel, #3) by Stephenie Meyer 27. Through the Woods by Emily Carroll 28. Shadow of the Giant (Ender's Shadow, #4) by Orson Scott Card 29. The Oregon Trail A New American Journey by Rinker Buck 30. The Brightest Night (Wings of Fire, #5) by Tui T. Sutherland 31. conference reports from my church. 32. Lists to Live By The Second Collection by John Van Diest 33. Beauty A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast by Robin McKinley 34. A Little Bit Country / Blackberry Summer by Debbie Macomber 35. Persepolis The Story of a Childhood (Persepolis, #1) by Marjane Satrapi 36. Changing Habits by Debbie Macomber 37. Saga, Vol. 2 (Saga, #2) by Brian K. Vaughan 38. Moon Rising (Wings of Fire #6) by Tui T. Sutherland 39. The American Revolution by Bruce Lancaster 40. Winter Turning (Wings of Fire, #7) by Tui T. Sutherland 41. Skellig (Skellig, #1) by David Almond 42. Darker (Fifty Shades as Told by Christian, #2) by E.L. James 43. Escaping Peril (Wings of Fire, #8) by Tui T. Sutherland 44. Family Affair by Debbie Macomber 45. Hillbilly Elegy A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J.D. Vance .46. Tomorrow, When the War Began (Tomorrow, #1) by John Marsden 47. The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar and Six More by Roald Dahl 48. Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult 49. Artemis by Andy Weir 50. Shadows in Flight (Ender's Shadow, #5) by Orson Scott Card 51. Darkstalker (Wings of Fire Legends, #1) by Tui T. Sutherland

message 11: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Deborah wrote: "February was another good reading month for me..."

You can say that again! Very impressive Debbie! Here’s to an awesome March as well!

message 12: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12008 comments You are doing great! Hoping March is a smashing success for you.

message 13: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Payne (debbiesreadingcorner) 52. The Boy on a Black Horse by Nancy Springer 53. American Queen (New Camelot Trilogy, #1) by Sierra Simone 54. Talons of Power (Wings of Fire, #9) by Tui T. Sutherland 55. Darkness of Dragons (Wings of Fire #10) by Tui T. Sutherland
56. Ever the Hunted (Clash of Kingdoms, #1) by Erin Summerill 57. Persepolis 2 The Story of a Return (Persepolis, #2) by Marjane Satrapi 58. Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 59. Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare 60. The Prisoner of Cell 25 (Michael Vey, #1) by Richard Paul Evans
This what I have read so far in March.

message 14: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Payne (debbiesreadingcorner) 61. Ever the Brave (A Clash of Kingdoms #2) by Erin Summerill
This book finished off my March reading. I only read ten books in March.
62. Rise of the Elgen (Michael Vey, #2) by Richard Paul Evans
This is the first book I read in April. I am hoping April is a better month.

message 15: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12008 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

message 16: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Payne (debbiesreadingcorner) My stand out book so far this year is by Mary Higgins Clark.called All By Myself, Alone

message 17: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12008 comments I will look for it!

message 18: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Payne (debbiesreadingcorner) 63. Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow 64. Ludlow by David Mason 65. The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill 66. Pueblo (Images of America) by Charlene Garcia Simms 67. El Pueblo History Musuem 68. Career of Evil (Cormoran Strike, #3) by Robert Galbraith 69. The Crossover by Kwame Alexander 70. Buffalo Bill Frontier Daredevil by Augusta Stevenson 71. The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh 72. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy 73. Booked by Kwame Alexander 74. A Friend at Midnight by Caroline B. Cooney
These are the books that I read in April. This month was a little better than last month.

message 19: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12008 comments April Showers bring May flowers I hope May brings lots of great reads and sunshine!

message 20: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Payne (debbiesreadingcorner) 75. Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng 76. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho 77. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #1) by Douglas Adams 78. Secret History (Mistborn, #3.5) by Brandon Sanderson 79. Madison Avenue Shoot (Murder, She Wrote, #31) by Jessica Fletcher 80. The Red Pony by John Steinbeck 81. Starry Night by Debbie Macomber 82. Dracula by Bram Stoker 83. Beneath the Sugar Sky (Wayward Children, #3) by Seanan McGuire 84. Stargirl (Stargirl, #1) by Jerry Spinelli 85. Love, Life, and the List by Kasie West 86. The Magic Misfits (Magic Misfits, #1) by Neil Patrick Harris 87. Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare 88. Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3) by Amie Kaufman 89. The Umbrella Man and Other Stories by Roald Dahl 90. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas 91. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty 92. Christmas Caramel Murder (Hannah Swensen, #20) by Joanne Fluke 93. lumberjanes volume 2 94. A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin 95. Paper Girls, Vol. 1 (Paper Girls, #1) by Brian K. Vaughan 96. paper girls volume 2 97. The Wanderer by Sharon Creech 98. Mercury by Hope Larson
These are the books that I read in May.

message 21: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Payne (debbiesreadingcorner) 99. They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera 100. Saga, Vol. 1 (Saga, #1) by Brian K. Vaughan 101. Beast of Stone (Wing & Claw, #3) by Linda Sue Park 102. The Husband by Dean Koontz 103. Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare 104. Paper Girls, Vol. 3 (Paper Girls, #3) by Brian K. Vaughan 105. Lies That Bind Us by Andrew Hart 106. The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry
This is what I have read so far in June. Mostly graphic novels this week.

message 22: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Payne (debbiesreadingcorner) 107. 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff 108. Gone Rogue (Wires and Nerve, #2) by Marissa Meyer 109. El Deafo by Cece Bell 110. Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King 111. A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline 112. Selected Poems of Robert Frost Illustrated Edition by Robert Frost 113. Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe 114. Every Breath You Take (Under Suspicion, #5) by Mary Higgins Clark
Here are some more books that I have read in the month of June

message 23: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Payne (debbiesreadingcorner) 115. First We Were IV by Alexandra Sirowy 116. The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient, #1) by Helen Hoang 117. Anne Frank Remembered The Story of the Woman Who Helped to Hide the Frank Family by Miep Gies

message 24: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Payne (debbiesreadingcorner) 118. Butch Cassidy, My Brother by Lula Parker Betenson n|11564] 119. Cary Stayner The True Story of The Yosemite Park Killer (True Crime by Evil Killers #4) by Jack Rosewood 120. Across the Plains in the Donner Party by Virginia Reed Murphy 121. Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson 122. Butch Cassidy, My Brother by Lula Parker Betenson 123. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid 124. Anne of Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables, #2) by L.M. Montgomery 125. A Stranger in the House by Shari Lapena 126. I Survived the Children’s Blizzard, 1888 (I Survived, #16) by Lauren Tarshis 127. The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur 128. Nevermoor The Trials of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #1) by Jessica Townsend

message 25: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Payne (debbiesreadingcorner) 129. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood 130. A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) by George R.R. Martin 131. Trail Dust A Quick Picture History Of The Santa Fe Trail by Gene Martin 132. Rob Roy by Walter Scott

message 26: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Payne (debbiesreadingcorner) 133. Low, Vol. 1 The Delirium of Hope by Rick Remender 134. Dread Nation (Dread Nation, #1) by Justina Ireland 135. The Wild Robot Escapes (The Wild Robot, #2) by Peter Brown 136. The Rosie Effect (Don Tillman, #2) by Graeme Simsion 137. Two Little Girls in Blue by Mary Higgins Clark 138. Furyborn (Empirium, #1) by Claire Legrand 139. Thinner by Richard Bachman 140. The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw 141. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith

message 27: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Payne (debbiesreadingcorner) 142. Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 143. The Silence of the Library (Cat in the Stacks, #5) by Miranda James 144. Final Girls by Riley Sager 145. Ghost Stories of the Civil War by Dan Asfar 146. The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan 147. Common Sense by Thomas Paine 148. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, #1) by Ian Fleming

message 28: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Payne (debbiesreadingcorner) 149. Little Lord Fauntleroy by Frances Hodgson Burnett

message 29: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Payne (debbiesreadingcorner) 150. A Skeleton in the Family (Family Skeleton Mystery #1) by Leigh Perry 151. Persuasion by Jane Austen 152. The Lost Continent (Wings of Fire, #11) by Tui T. Sutherland 153. Bob by Wendy Mass 154. Hooked on Murder (Crochet Mystery, #1) by Betty Hechtman 155. Ready Player One (Ready Player One, #1) by Ernest Cline

message 30: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Payne (debbiesreadingcorner) 156. Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard 157. The Shape of Water by Guillermo del Toro 158. Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1) by Jay Kristoff 159.
The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1) by Rick Riordan 160. Freaky Friday by Mary Rodgers 161. Hello, Universe by Erin Entrada Kelly 162. The Deal of a Lifetime by Fredrik Backman 163. The Jefferson Key (Cotton Malone, #7) by Steve Berry 164. A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab 165. The Girl Who Came Home by Hazel Gaynor

message 31: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Payne (debbiesreadingcorner) 166. The Cursed Ground (Zora and Me #2) by T.R. Simon 167. Wonder Girl The Magnificent Sporting Life of Babe Didrikson Zaharias by Don Van Natta Jr. 168. One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus 169. Coma by Robin Cook

message 32: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Payne (debbiesreadingcorner) 170. Blaze by Richard Bachman 171. The Body by Stephen King 172. The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

message 33: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (radiantrox) | 115 comments Wow!!
You crushed your yearly goal in rapid fire speed, kudos!
What has been your favorite read of the year so far?
Happy September reading :)

message 34: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Payne (debbiesreadingcorner) Roxanne wrote: "Wow!!
You crushed your yearly goal in rapid fire speed, kudos!
What has been your favorite read of the year so far?
Happy September reading :)"

I really like Nevernight and a darker shade of magic. These two books surprised me because I usually don't read fantasy.

message 35: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (radiantrox) | 115 comments Deborah wrote: "I really like Nevernight and a darker shade of magic. These two books surprised me because I usually don't read fantasy. "

Nice!! I'll have to check those out. I don't read much fantasy either.