Shut Up & Read discussion

Author Self Promotions & WIP > Self Promotions & WIP

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 3466 comments Mod
This folder is for authors & upcoming authors to promote their book(s).

If you need reviewers, Betas, or just simply want people to buy your book !

This is the place to do it! you can either post your own thread or post your links on here!

message 2: by Salina (new)

Salina Baker (salinabbaker) Angels & Patriots Book One by Salina B. Baker
Angels & Patriots: Book One
Salina B. Baker

Angels and Patriots: Book One was published on Dec 5, 2017, and I'm anxious to know what readers think!

If you enjoy historical fiction, epic fantasy, and/or alternate history and you're looking for a new series to sink your teeth into, look no further.

What bloggers are saying:
"There is something so fun about being transported back in time and feeling like your living in a different era if an author can execute it well, it's an even better escape than reading contemporary. Add to that the fantastical element with Gods and Demons and Angels, and I was sucked in." — A Life Through Books Blogger

For readers interested in trying out my book for free, please reply to this post with your email address and eBook preference type (Mobi, ePub, PDF). I will send the version you've requested to you pronto.

See below for a book description.

I'd really appreciate YOUR feedback!
Salina

Angels and Patriots: Book One
Sons of Liberty, Lexington & Concord, Bunker Hill

On the eve of the Revolutionary War, American patriots are leaving their homes and families behind to stand firm against the British. What these early Americans do not realize, is that while they prepare themselves for their battles, a war is simultaneously playing out among the soldiers--one that poses a far greater threat to their lives and souls.

Demons that God created to kill a brotherhood of fallen angels are fanning the embers of the Revolutionary War to draw the angels out of hiding. They walk and fight alongside patriots and British soldiers alike.

Archangel, Colm Bohannon, leads his angel brothers to Boston to track down the demon leader and to warn John Hancock, Samuel Adams, Dr. Joseph Warren, and the Sons of Liberty that the British army is not their only threat. The patriots will need to engage with two enemy forces on the battlefield. As it stands, the band of angels is road weary and struggling with infighting and earthly temptations. Is faith a strong enough shield to fight off demon attacks and protect the patriots?

Angels & Patriots is the violent struggle for freedom, played out on the battlefield and the firmament as the angels fend off the demons in a quest to serve both humans and God.

message 3: by Steven (new)

Steven Lubliner | 4 comments Now $0.99! State of the Union sale! My political satire, Threeway, is now $0.99 on Amazon Kindle. Read it before the speech. Then, maybe you can skip the speech.

Get Threeway on Kindle

message 4: by Angel (new)

Angel | 4 comments My books Weeping Well and Corridors of My Mind are on sale on Amazon in e-book and print format. Works in progress are too numerous to mention but I'm very close to being finished with a sci-fi fantasy-steampunk, speculative fiction that is part of a trilogy but will be written as a standalone and will be needing beta readers soon. Free and paid betas needed this spring before release date which will be between this spring-summer seasons.

message 5: by Maaja (new)

Maaja Wentz (maajawentz) | 0 comments Like urban fantasy?

First date in magic underwear?

Tonya is shocked when the hunk of her daydreams asks her out. He must be toying with her, or is he? To make sure he likes her, Tonya snitches magic panties from the notorious Witch of Loon Lake. Will her risky plan end in triumph or disaster? Read this free urban fantasy book to find out. Expect a little bit of mystery, a touch of romance, and hair-raising suspense in this comic tale of Loon Lake magic.

Here's the instafreebee link:

https://www.instafreebie.com/free/CVQp2

This story is a prequel to Feeding Frenzy, set before Tonya begins university. Get more free stories at maajawentz.com.

http://www.maajawentz.com/

message 6: by C.E. (new)

C.E. Gee | 12 comments Aphelion Webzine in their Flash Fiction Department published “Buck’s Moonbase Theory.”

Please click the link listed below.

An Air Force vet gave us the inspiration for the story.

If you know anyone in the U.S. Air Force, ask them about what you discovered in the story. If they know the details watch them clam up! LOL.

Please GOTO

http://www.aphelion-webzine.com/flash...

message 7: by Jim (last edited Apr 13, 2018 10:12PM) (new)

Jim Stein (jimsteinbooks) | 8 comments Strange Tidings: Legends Walk book 1 by Jim Stein

Strange Tidings - a debut YA Urban Fantasy - The apocalypse arrived as a quiet virus that put humanity's future in jeopardy. Now musician Ed Johnson is stalked by strangers and nightmare creatures threaten his sister. Can the true power of music save them?

Amazon listing: https://goo.gl/pPes8D

Goodreads listing: Strange Tidings

message 9: by Jim (last edited Apr 21, 2018 10:06AM) (new)

Jim Stein (jimsteinbooks) | 8 comments Jim wrote: "

Strange Tidings - a debut YA Urban Fantasy - The apocalypse arrived as a quiet virus that put humanity's future in jeopardy. Now musician Ed Johnson is stalked by strangers and nightmare creatur..."

👉GIVEAWAY of "Strange Tidings"👈

Exclusively for reader groups. I am giving away a promotional review copy of my Urban Fantasy eBook to the 1st 25 entrants to sign up for my infrequent newsletter (you can always unsubscribe later).

Why? To gain honest online reviews, raise awareness of my debut novel, and share a fun story.

Read a sample or buy here: https://goo.gl/dxymKA

Publisher: The Wild Rose Press (please not this novel is NOT a romance, and is teen thru adult appropriate)

Happy Reading,
-Jim

The apocalypse arrived as a quiet virus that put humanity's future in jeopardy. Now musician Ed Johnson is stalked by strangers and nightmare creatures threaten his sister. Can the true power of music save them?

-Fighting the darkness, one song at a time.
Strange Tidings: Legends Walk book 1 by Jim Stein

message 10: by C.E. (new)

C.E. Gee | 12 comments The award winning online magazine APHELION WEBZINE has published a number of our Science Fiction and Fantasy stories.
There are more than a score.

Links to these stories are found at

https://kinzuakid.blogspot.com/2017/1...

message 11: by S.C. (new)

S.C. Barrett (scbarrett) | 1 comments Giving away several ebook copies of my book, Time Will Tale. (Can find it here on Goodreads and already free to read on KU) Looking to both promote and reviews. Can respond or message me here on Goodreads, S.C Barrett. Thank you.

message 12: by Salina (last edited May 08, 2018 10:52AM) (new)

Salina Baker (salinabbaker) The Shipbuilder by Salina B. Baker
The Shipbuilder

The Shipbuilder published on April 10, 2018, and I'm anxious to know what readers think!

If you enjoy historical fiction, epic fantasy, and/or alternate history and you're looking for a new series to sink your teeth into, look no further.

What authors and bloggers are saying:

The Shipbuilder is moody and somewhat grim. It has a strong undercurrent of fate and magic at its core, strongly reminding this reader of the work of Daphne du Maurier and Emily Brontë. With her passion for history and the accurate portrayal of the period, author Salina B Baker brings this time and place to harsh, vivid life. In doing so, she’s crafted a resonant and compellingly readable novel. — Susan Rooke, author of The Space Between

"This historical fiction has a darker tone that's perfect! I loved the writing style and characters and enjoyed reading this book from cover to cover!" - Adventures Through Wonderland

"There is a darker element to the novel that I loved. I also really enjoyed the authenticity of the history element. It showed that a novel can toe the line of fantasy and reality or history in this case quite seamlessly." - Texas Book Nook

For readers interested in trying out my book for free, please reply to this post with your email address and eBook preference type (Mobi, ePub, PDF). I will send the version you've requested to you pronto.

See below for a book description.

I'd really appreciate YOUR feedback!
Salina

The lost souls of Eastport, Maine struggle for Providence and tolerance. Can a stranger deliver salvation?

THE SHIPBUILDER is moody and somewhat grim. It has a deep undercurrent of fate and magic at its core, strongly reminding this reader of the work of Daphne du Maurier and Emily BrontË. With her passion for history and the accurate portrayal of the period, author Salina Baker brings this time and place to harsh, vivid life. In doing so, she's crafted a resonant and compellingly readable novel. -- Susan Rooke, author of The Space Between

In the summer of 1869, beleaguered for-hire killer Zach Dimitru arrives in Eastport, Maine, bearing an amulet and searching for absolution. His salvation is dependent on the Benoit Family, who are also pitiless and tormented. Zach's deliverance is reliant on Juliette Benoit. The young woman is grieving the loss of her soul mate, whom she believes has reincarnated without her. Miraculously, the amulet imparts messages to Juliette. The fate of both Zach and Juliette, as well as the town, depends upon her ability to learn and convey those lessons before the arrival of a hurricane--one with the force to devastate Eastport.

message 13: by Chris (new)

Chris Coleman Alfheim Seoul (Magic Parcel Service Book 1) by Chris Coleman

If you like YA Fantasy, especially Urban Fantasy with a strong female protagonist, this might be the book for you.

Alecia was a spirited Korean-American girl living in Seattle, navigating high school, and learning to drive until a fearsome creature from Alfheim came along and ate her soul.

...well half of it anyway.

http://kck.st/2GHftyr

message 14: by Sean Kerr (new)

Sean Kerr | 7 comments The Last Child part 1 A Contemporary Horror thriller steeped in occult and supernatural mystery. by Sean Kerr

Some children are born for a purpose.

Samuel is having a tough time of it in school as he is tormented by a vicious gang of bullies, but it is nothing compared to the torture of his home life. Every night he hopes that his friend will take him away from his horrors, a friend he calls the Universe, a constant voice that speaks to him in his darkest moments. At least the Universe loves him.

As his teacher, Christina King wants so much to help Samuel, but she’s haunted by her own horrific childhood and the monstrous tragedy that stole her youth. She feels drawn to the young boy, she understands his pain, but she has no idea of the nature of the true horror that binds them in a vicious game of tug and war.

There is only one group of people who know the truth about Christina and Samuel, a sinister group of watchers who have observed them all their lives, a group known as 'I Tredici'. They have been waiting for centuries, and as the signs of the oncoming apocalypse reveal themselves in blood and brutal murder, they know the ancient war is upon them at last. Only they understand the roles that Christina and Samuel must play in the coming days, and only they know how the outcome will change the course of history forever.

For Christina, this is the start of her journey towards a terrible truth, but for Samuel, it is the start of a new and terrifying existence.

Amazon Universal link mybook.to/TheLastChild1

message 15: by Aneil (new)

Aneil Komal (aneilkomal) | 1 comments The Guardian Angel by Aneil Komal

THE GUARDIAN ANGEL - Sixteen-year-old Aries has always dreamed of being someone extraordinary, following in the footsteps of his hero wrestler, Angel Guerrero. But as a timid, hesitant boy with, well… an underwhelming physique, he's never thought he could chase after his dreams.

That is, until he finds himself in an alternate universe where fire-breathing dragons soar in the skies, petrifying creatures rise from the ground, and the use of magic is normal. The biggest surprise for Aries, however, comes when he learns he was once a mystical hero known as the Guardian Angel.

His mission has always been to protect this magical world and the spirits who inhabit it, but now it is being threatened by a vile, cold-blooded, sadistic demon who seeks to dominate the universe.

Now it is on Aries to rediscover his past and regain his powers, but first he'll have to overcome his crippling doubts. Can he learn to believe in himself, his friends, and the magic that surrounds him—in time to save the realm before it is destroyed?

message 16: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (Jax711) | 1 comments Released yesterday! Super Excited!

The Similayer Project: Part One

A DEADLY PANDEMIC. FIVE GROUPS OF SURVIVORS. ONE DESTINATION.
"The funny thing about fight-or-flight was that sometimes flight didn't cooperate when fight failed you. There was always freeze, but no one ever talked about freeze, because no one ever wanted to admit they weren't strong enough to fight and were too scared to flee."--Idaho survivor

"She had killed two of those men and not shed a tear. Even as she replayed it in her head, she felt no remorse. No, it was more than that. She was glad... happy she had done it. She wasn't sure she knew who she was anymore."--California survivor.

"If the human race was to survive, they'd have to dig deep and find the strength to take back their homes."--Florida survivor

"She moved on to the bed to lay beside him and leaned in so their heads were touching and held on to him until his last breath. 'Be at peace, Dave, and keep a seat warm for me.'"--Massachusetts survivor.

"Eric's voice was distant, as if water had filled her ears. The room was too stuffy, too small. Rising, she shook her head and turned, fleeing from the place she had lost Shawn."--Indiana survivor.

A deadly virus born of good intentions ravages the planet, leaving humans on the bottom of the food chain as the infected mutate into creatures born of myth and nightmares.

As the military sets out to gather the healthy inside the walls of a biolab located in the central United States, the fight for survival begins for anyone willing to step beyond the safety of their own front door.

Follow five groups of survivors as they journey from California, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, and Massachusetts in an epic adventure to find, not only what's left of their government, but their independence, true love, and the strength to survive in a world bent on breaking them.

Would love to hear your feedback!

message 17: by Arisawe (new)

Arisawe Hampton | 2 comments I need reviews too! ☺️

A Humorous Fantasy Adventure About a Hermit Mage and His Ragtag Friends.

The Acere have spoken; the tome must come to the mage.

Among the rubicund grasslands to the forests of Roan, a quest begins at the onset of royal betrayal. The fate of Roan rests on the hermit mage, Pyrus, who has singular powers but is loathe to help. Yet, the susurrus words of the ancient Gods have promised that he will be instrumental to their plans. Their entreaties show him the nature of their magic. He must first avow to create the soldier, and he must also protect the Lady.

Meanwhile, seething in the pit, the Hellion will soon emerge.

They all will be tested, yet it is Pyrus who holds the key to camaraderie and purpose.

The debut epic Duology The Cry of the Acere, from Arisawe Hampton:

The Mage's Tome: Cry of the Acere Duology: Book I https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FD743HD/...

message 18: by C.E. (new)

C.E. Gee | 12 comments Aphelion Webzine in their Flash Fiction Department for August 2018 has published the SCIENCE FICTION story “FORESIGHT” by C.E. Gee.

This story takes just one minute to read!

Please GOTO http://www.aphelion-webzine.com/flash...

message 19: by Pete (new)

Pete Planisek | 12 comments Princess Bella and the Dragon's Charm by Pete Planisek

I'm very pleased to announce that for the first time ever, you can buy the award-winning Princess Bella and the Dragon's Charm in its new paperback format.

This light-hearted fantasy children's chapter book is ideal for young readers age 6-11 and features beautiful illustrations by Elizabeth Nordquest.

Learn more or place an order at https://www.enceladusliterary.com/?pa...

message 20: by C.E. (new)

C.E. Gee | 12 comments FARTHER STARS THAN THESE magazine has published the story “Final Journey.”

This story should make you ponder the plot, may change your mind. Be forewarned, those of you with firm religious beliefs could find the story disturbing.

Please GOTO

http://www.fartherstars.com/search/la...

message 21: by C.E. (new)

C.E. Gee | 12 comments To read about HALLOWEEN containing many Halloween jokes, images, a link to a horror story published in Aphelion Webzine, at the beginning a photo of the notorious Betty Page dressed in a black cat-like Halloween costume, please GOTO

https://kinzuakid.blogspot.com/2017/1...

message 22: by J.K. (last edited Nov 07, 2018 04:56PM) (new)

J.K. Lutes (jklutes) | 2 comments The Curse of the Storm Giant Queen-The Chronicles of the Wizards Without Color-Book 1 The Curse of the Storm Giant Queen (The Chronicles of the Wizards Without Color #1) by J.K. Lutes

This is my first novel, and it is now available on Amazon and Amazon Prime. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J2Y5QC2

I am planning a countdown event to coincide with when my novel is placed in the Read it and Reap queue. I am looking for reviewers, who would be willing to post a review to social media before the sale to peak the interest of potential purchasers.

If you are interested in reviewing my book, please send me a private message, with an email address, and I will send you a PDF copy of my book. In a follow up email, I will give you the specifics about the sale, so you can add the dates to your write ups.

Below is a description of the book:

When the magic of his people started to fail, Justin’s ancestors began holding the Trials of Eternity to determine what powers they still commanded. Yet even with these new limitations to their magic, their influence over the land continued to grow, until the pirates came. Terrors came from the air and from across the sea, and drove the wizards from their homes. After fleeing from their attackers, the wizards built a new city, even grander than the last.
Over a millennium later, Justin has learned his powers, and he goes with Lauren and Alyssa on a quest to the ancient city of the wizards to search for weapons that were lost during the pirate attack. His attempt to recover the weapons meets with a degree of success, but Justin gets much more than he bargained for, because he learns of a curse that could mean the end of his people.
Now Justin and his mentor, Riordan, must travel to the city of the storm giants, to lift the curse of the storm giant queen, before the new wizard city descends into a darkness from which they will never recover.

message 23: by Robert (last edited Nov 14, 2018 06:00AM) (new)

Robert Waldron | 3 comments The Adventures of Alien Vets by Robert Charles Waldron

If you're interested in a reluctant, difficult romance, that takes place
between two brilliant scientists trying to save our planet, and their relationship,, then perhaps you'd like to review Book One and/or Book Two of my new Sci-Fi series.

I've included the back cover blurb for the books below:

In the not too distant future, after the Wastes of 2066 to 2092, the population of Earth has been decimated by famine, disease and war.
Having lost almost the whole of humanity, a new will is in place to avert war and overpopulation.
Whilst some of the idealism doesn't work, amazingly, the planet recovers rapidly from the ravages of pollution, overexploitation, and deforestation.
Whole destroyed cities, and even countries, are abandoned, and out of the rubble, new and promising growth emerges.
Two of the new population that have grown up in the dawn of New Earth, are Inca Jaeger, a brilliant and beautiful scientist, and Luke O' Riain, an adventurer scientist, surgeon and vet.
With their planet now showing some signs of returning to her former beauty, preservation and restoration of species and ecosystems is prioritised.

The new heroes of the age are the scientists that can help bring this about.

They face danger, disease, and fearsome alien life in their calling, as well as adventure and discovery such as only the early pioneers on Earth might have known.
Lightspeed space travel is now a reality, and the restoration of not only the Earth's species, but the safeguarding of the immense diversity of other off-planet species, has become an inter-galactic necessity. The proven healing capabilities of many species becomes a universal focus.
It is inevitable that Inca and Luke meet, and are powerfully attracted to each other.
But they have seemingly impenetrable barriers of emotions preventing the growth of the meaningful relationships which they both in some way seek.
While on the surface, New Earth is becoming a success story, there are forces at work which threaten the planet and mankind, and indeed all life in the Universe.
The unscrupulous Resource Agglomerate, the Raggo's, as they are nicknamed, are Planetary Raiders, who would plunder or destroy whole planets for massive financial gain.
But even their threat is minor compared to the rumoured, mythical Rickxl. A race of super intelligent, gifted beings who are obsessed with ' Hygrl' or the Beauty of Death.
They are fearsome as they seek even their own deaths. Their unifying objective is to annihilate all known life, and to die nobly themselves as part of this grander objective.
Luke and Inca's journeys through space, time, fear and love, are set against the backdrop of great adventure, great risk and a fearsome new Universe.

I have ten e-books of both volumes to give away free to any reader genuinely interested in reviewing them, just contact me via my website at: http://www.robertcwaldron.com and I will send the first ten responders a pdf. of the book and both covers.

If you'd like to buy a copy of both volumes, here is the link:
https://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Ali...

message 24: by Ashraf (new)

Ashraf (ashraf17) | 14 comments This book is about saving the planet and humanity with every life. Our planet is dying and all her life is dying with her. The book will be free on 16, 23 and 30 November (Fridays).
Title - In Love with Cancer
Here - https://amzn.to/2JM9RGp

message 25: by Arriah (new)

Arriah Kiprujistho (arriahkiprujistho) | 5 comments Yes!! Only 99 Cents :-)

Dear Book Lovers

Enjoy Christmas with a cozy supernatural romance "Wishing for a Parallel World"
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Not into supernatural stuff? No worries.I've something for you too
"Those were not love letters...but still I fell in love"
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 26: by Eric (new)

Eric Bickernicks (bickernicks) How about something funny and different? Imagine Orson Welles' War Of The Worlds happening on present day Cape Cod. (and then toss in a little Close Encounters Of The Third Kind)

I'm doing the Andy Weir thing and making free (for now).

Amazon, iTunes, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords

message 27: by Tope (new)

Tope Ogundare | 0 comments The Book of Pain

Hi all!
I have a book of poetry out. For all poetry lovers. Kindly check it out. and if you are interested in doing a review, you can get a copy for free!

message 28: by Liz (new)

Liz Kuchel (goodreadscomliz_kuchel) | 2 comments A FREE book to download - NIGHTMARE OF DREAMS - reviewers most welcome

Amazon eBook and paperback eBook available 6th and 7th February 2019 FREE

https://amzn.to/2WpAmqX

A missing children’s case, draws sexy, good looking, Aussie detective Rory Steele, into an investigation of a perverted and depraved pedophile ring, concealed by the glitterati of Florida society. As the bodies pile up and the enquiry becomes more complex and sinister, Rory’s personal life is affected in a frightening and twisted way. With few clues to work with, Rory and his American colleague, Chase Baldwin, plan to infiltrate a party attended by the cream of society. Unfortunately the situation soon spins out of control, the house of cards collapses, and the wicked underbelly is revealed.

#thriller #mystery #crime #hardboiled thriller #Florida #Aussie #detective #romance #psychological #domestic #humor

message 29: by Beth (new)

Beth Duke It All Comes Back to You by Beth Duke

Hi, Y'all-
Thank you for the opportunity to share my work here!
I'm very excited to tell you about my third novel, It All Comes Back to You, which became an Amazon #1 Best Seller on Valentine's Day (not a romance, though, if that's what you're thinking :D).
This is a synopsis:

Alabama, 1947.
War's over, cherry-print dresses, parking above the city lights, swing dancing.
Beautiful, seventeen-year-old Violet lives in a perfect world.
Everybody loves her.
In 2012, she's still beautiful, charming, and surrounded by admirers.

Veronica "Ronni" Johnson, licensed practical nurse and aspiring writer, meets the captivating Violet in the assisted living facility where Violet requires no assistance, just lots of male attention. When she dies, she leaves Ronni a very generous bequest―only if Ronni completes a book about her life within one year. As she's drawn into the world of young Violet, Ronni is mesmerized by life in a simpler time. It's an irresistible journey filled with revelations, some of them about men Ronni knew as octogenarians at Fairfield Springs.

Struggling, insecure, flailing at the keyboard, Ronni juggles her patients, a new boyfriend, and a Samsonite factory of emotional baggage as she tries to craft a manuscript before her deadline.

But then the secrets start to emerge, some of them in person. And they don't stop.

Everything changes.

Alternating chapters between Homecoming Queen Violet in 1947 and can't-quite-find-her-crown Ronni in the present, IT ALL COMES BACK TO YOU is Southern Fiction at its hilarious, warm, sad, outrageous, uplifting, and stunning best. In the tradition of Major Pettigrew's Last Stand and Olive Kitteridge, Duke delivers an unforgettable elderly character to treasure and a young heroine to steal your heart.

I'd be grateful if you'd check it out on Amazon. Many book clubs have scheduled it for 2019 and I'm always happy to join for discussion (even if it has to be Skype--I'm approximately 68% as much fun that way).

Amazon listing: http://bit.ly/2019BookClubPicks
It All Comes Back to You

message 30: by Kate (new)

Kate Everward (kate_everward) | 0 comments Okay everyone, I'm doing something I never did before.
Buy one of these ebooks and get the other one for free. You can't tell me it's not a good deal right? But it's only until March 8th.

Share with everyone who loves a good suspense novel/someone who needs a weekend/winter/escape book (or two).

I promise you, you'll love the books :)
All you have to do is send me a screenshot with the confirmation number to kate.a@authorandsister.net and I'll send you an ebook of your choice.

The First by A. Claire Everward
Oracle's Hunt by A. Claire Everward
Oracle's Diplomacy by A. Claire Everward

message 31: by C.E. (new)

C.E. Gee | 12 comments This month Aphelion Webzine in their FLASH FICTION DEPARTMENT has published “Roswell.” This is one of our popular Jerry/Buck stories.

https://www.aphelion-webzine.com/flas...

This story is FICTION!

Despite being written in the first person, it’s not real!!

message 32: by Saurav (new)

Saurav Chakraborty (sauravchakraborty) | 73 comments It gives me immense pleasure to share my new book " THE SEEDS OF A GAME"

THE SEEDS OF A GAME

About the book:

It is 1910. The City of Bombay has become the most important centre of trade and commerce for the British empire but what no one would guess is that the city is also on its way to become the centre point of a foreign sport, a sport which would go on to change the dynamics of the social entertainment in the city.

Five hundred years after it was officially discovered, Cricket as a game is only a leisurely societal amusement for the people of the City of Bombay, but only until four young boys from diverse social backgrounds decide to try their hand in this foreign game, unaware, that they would ultimately be the ones to change the way people viewed the game.

As the four young boys, Zubin Electricwala, Vimal Dev Patel, Iqbal Raza and Chirantan Roy try to come to terms with this foreign game and also with the opposition against the game, one fact which no one can ignore is that Cricket as a game is here to stay.

The Seeds of a Game is the first book in “The Cricket saga” series.

Other Information
The book is exclusively available on Kindle devices, Kindle apps and Kindle Unlimited.

For the time being, it is available on all amazon websites.

Amazon.com link
https://www.amazon.com/SEEDS-GAME-CRI...

message 33: by Saurav (new)

Saurav Chakraborty (sauravchakraborty) | 73 comments A book of short stories is exclusively available on Kindle Free from 6th November 2019 12.00 AM PST to 10th November 2019 11.59 AM PST.

Once Upon A Time: Short Stories

About the book:
Twelve different fictional short stories about a time which has been lost in history, about some people of those forgone Centuries, about some events which will make us smile, and about life like it used to be then.

Nothing is as it seems to the eye when a French art lover and an Italian thief come together to steal the famous Mona Lisa painting in “The Monalisa Deal”; find out what happens when two Genoese accidentally stumble upon an incomplete book written by an assistant of the late Christopher Columbus in “Three to Tango”; How does a good hearted king of one of the provinces in the Spanish Conquered Mexico City suddenly disappear in “The Good King” will surely bring a smile; read about an ingenious but simple solution to a master’s problem by a trusted advisor in “ Alvarado’s Advisor”.

Enjoy the discovery made by two Japanese explorers about a fifteenth century Japanese King from some ancient Japanese manuscripts in “ The Secret Library of Ishikawa”; Wait for the outcome of an investigation by an aged French detective in early 1900’s Saigon of the murder of a British researcher, and other short stories.

From the riches of Paris to the hanging tombs of Sichuan; from the moving houses of Balanga to the terrains of a mountain filled with a mysterious ancient substance, from the secretly ancient gifted houses of Budapest to the empty houses of Kent, Once Upon A Time is a flashback into the forgone eras.

Amazon.com link
https://www.amazon.com/Once-Upon-Time...

message 34: by James (new)

James Boswell (jamesgboswell) | 6 comments "Burn: Horror Stories" is a collection of dread-inducing, mind-twisting, existential horror stories inspired by The Twilight Zone and H.P. Lovecraft. It's now available on Amazon for 33 percent off until Nov. 13.

Visit the book's Amazon page: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XH1FPP1

A man’s wife and business partner believe they killed him as part of an insurance scam, but then he reappears as if nothing happened. Two fugitives take shelter in an abandoned industrial facility, but what they find inside might be more dangerous than what pursues them. A tech guru's lifestyle is immersed in smart technology, but what if it's so smart, it's dangerous? The parents of an out-of-control child will do anything to curb her awful behavior, but at what cost? A woman awakens upside down in a totaled car with no recollection of how she got there. Will she be able to find help, or will something more sinister find her first? These stories and more await you in this collection of existential horror by James G. Boswell.

description

message 35: by James (new)

James Boswell (jamesgboswell) | 6 comments "The Tree of Death" by James G. Boswell

Pedro Oliveira circled a spot on the map that lay unfolded on the table before him. A thin film of sweat shined upon his forehead. Dust motes floated in the light that beamed through the hut’s wooden shutters.

He tapped his pen in the circle as he looked at Isabella Silva and said, “Here’s the place, Professor Silva. The last known location of the Apuelito tribe. It’s a month’s journey from here through the jungle on foot, but you shouldn’t go there. No one should. It’s too dangerous.”

Isabella said, “Thank you, Mr. Oliveira. I appreciate your concern, but I’ve been searching for this lost rainforest tribe for many years. I’m too close now to give up. Besides, I’ve been on a half-dozen expeditions through the jungle, the last two of them by myself. I think I’ll be fine.”

Read the whole story here: http://jamesgboswell.com/2019/10/the-...

message 36: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 111 comments Happy Christmas to you all and here's some information about your WORLDWIDE free Christmas present:

One Stolen Kiss and other short stories by Anna Faversham A collection of five short stories:

★Deep in the World of the Dead – Former Army soldier, Ben, tries to settle into civilian life and moves to a new town to audition as a Big Band trumpet player. But when his housing arrangements fall through, he learns how easy it is to become homeless through no fault of his own. Dark clouds sometimes have a silver lining and none shine brighter than those with romance attached.
★Judge Not – You know what they say about assumptions. A holidaymaker in Italy makes the mistake of misjudging and is humbled when, at last, she discovers the truth. Love comes in different guises.
★Angela – Angels come in all shapes and sizes, and some of us have entertained them unaware. As the poet says, “God moves in a mysterious way”.
★A Wonderful World – The loss of a loved one can lead to loneliness, but new doors stand open.
★One Stolen Kiss – Set in 1814 England, this is a prelude to the Dark Moon Trilogy. Daniel, a key figure in the smuggling community, becomes aware of a young girl who will change his life.

FREE until 24th December Just click on the book cover and you'll be whizzed away to where you can pick it up.

Of course, it's always free if you have Kindle Unlimited.

There's more! From Christmas Day for 7 days
One Dark Night (The Dark Moon Series #1) by Anna Faversham
is 0.99 in the US and UK.

message 37: by Nilanjana (new)

Nilanjana Haldar Dear wonderful authors in the group
I really hope your books promote well

I have just published my debut novel on Amazon, titled "Quiet Screams to the Quiet Healer"

A short description on the book---> It is a rarely explored topic. It is a fiction story based on a child's perspective of domestic violence. In a world of superhuman-like, old, library guards, Sanjana is raised in a home of domestic abuse. To avoid watching the torture at home, she sneaks into the comfort of Kriti's house after school hours. One day, Sanjana moves to another city. As the violence intensifies, a magical set of events engulf her life, and she launches a secret plan.

The book is on discount now. Here is the Amazon link to buy it--->
https://www.amazon.com/Quiet-Screams-...

Quiet Screams to the Quiet Healer

message 38: by Leon (new)

Leon Stevens (leon_stevens) | 6 comments Hello Everyone,

I am a new author and have recently self-published my first book of poetry, Lines by Leon: Poems, Prose, and Pictures in January 2020. It is an eclectic mix of poetry and short stories that address the subjects of loss, struggle, human behaviour, and environment. Many pieces are humorous and lighthearted with illustrations.

I am looking for ways to reach readers. As a new writer,it is difficult to gain a following without any exposure or reviews.

First reviews are in! A couple of 5*’s on Goodreads. Thank you!
Book campaign now started @ https://igg.me/at/linesbyleon

More about me and a book trailer @ www.linesbyleon.com.
Thank you,

Leon

message 39: by Saurav (new)

Saurav Chakraborty (sauravchakraborty) | 73 comments Free Kindle book of short stories for 2 days from 08/02/2020 12 AM PST to 09/02/2020 11.59 PM PST.

Once Upon A Time: Short Stories

Also available on Kindle Unlimited and on all Amazon websites.

About the book:
Twelve different fictional short stories about a time which has been lost in history, about some people of those forgone Centuries, about some events which will make us smile, and about life like it used to be then.

Nothing is as it seems to the eye when a French art lover and an Italian thief come together to steal the famous Mona Lisa painting in “The Monalisa Deal”; find out what happens when two Genoese accidentally stumble upon an incomplete book written by an assistant of the late Christopher Columbus in “Three to Tango”; How does a good hearted king of one of the provinces in the Spanish Conquered Mexico City suddenly disappear in “The Good King” will surely bring a smile; read about an ingenious but simple solution to a master’s problem by a trusted advisor in “ Alvarado’s Advisor”.

Enjoy the discovery made by two Japanese explorers about a fifteenth century Japanese King from some ancient Japanese manuscripts in “ The Secret Library of Ishikawa”; Wait for the outcome of an investigation by an aged French detective in early 1900’s Saigon of the murder of a British researcher, and other short stories.

From the riches of Paris to the hanging tombs of Sichuan; from the moving houses of Balanga to the terrains of a mountain filled with a mysterious ancient substance, from the secretly ancient gifted houses of Budapest to the empty houses of Kent, Once Upon A Time is a flashback into the forgone eras.

Amazon.com link

Amazon UK link
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Once-Upon-Ti...

message 40: by Saurav (last edited Feb 25, 2020 11:10PM) (new)

Saurav Chakraborty (sauravchakraborty) | 73 comments Free Kindle book of short stories for 2 days from 26/02/2020 12 AM PST to 27/02/2020 11.59 PM PST.

Once Upon A Time: Short Stories Once Upon A Time Short Stories by Saurav Chakraborty

Also available on Kindle Unlimited and on all Amazon websites.

About the book:

Available on all amazon websites.

Amazon.com link

Amazon UK link
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Once-Upon-Ti...

message 41: by Tony (new)

Tony Duxbury | 5 comments Tana wrote: "This folder is for authors & upcoming authors to promote their book(s).

If you need reviewers, Betas, or just simply want people to buy your book !

This is the place to do it! you can either po..."

The first review of Clandestine Lives

Top international reviews

Khrail Gaipirk
5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly!
Reviewed in Germany on 17 December 2019
Verified Purchase
Lover of fantasy-theme novels; this book is unexpectedly awesome! I really look forward for a sequel of this amazing book I purchased and read.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clandestine-...

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

The Lotus Keeper (The Lotus Series Book 1) by Leeann Mays The Lotus KeeperJust Released! Read this hot dark romance NOW!
Gabriel Hart entered my life unexpectedly—abrupt, like a flash of lightening. One second my life was normal, ordinary and then it was chaotic and uprooted. Taken against my will, I had stepped into his world, a world full of darkness.

He was drop-dead gorgeous with a brilliant mind, mesmerizing and committed. The first time I saw him, I was drawn in like a mysterious magnetic pull inching me closer with every breath. I’d never met anyone like him in my life. But Gabriel Hart was shrouded in mysterious and when I realized it—it’d been too late. He snatched me up, and whisked me away for safe keeping, only, I didn’t know who he was keeping me from.

https://www.amazon.com/Lotus-Keeper-B...

message 43: by Tony (new)

Tony Duxbury | 5 comments Clandestine Lives: The Jester, the Courtesan and the Assassin
A legendary assassin, the most feared in the land. A beautiful courtesan, famed for her beauty and skill; and a jester, servant to a Duke with a fearsome reputation.
Three lives, one story. Their fates are bound together in a way in which none of them could ever have imagined. They are unwittingly tied together by a heinous curse. Each one slowly becomes aware of their strange existence until finally, the horrible truth is revealed.
As the Empire slides into civil war, all three must confront the unpalatable truth about themselves. Unfortunately, none will be free to unravel the mystery of their past unless they first embroil themselves in the schemes of others.
Available now on Amazon Kindle
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clandestine-...

message 44: by D. (new)

D. Sohi | 8 comments A woman running from a devastating secret.

A pit - Hades' Den - where society exiles misfits and criminals.
If Marya remains in Hades' Den, she may not survive. If she gives herself up to the authorities, she'll die anyway. Tension mounts on both sides of Hades' Den and within. Will she find a way to survive?

Borders has two 5-star reviews already. Please help me get more ratings/reviews. Thank you!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Borders-D-So...

message 45: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 2 comments Hello, everyone! My name is Jenny and I’m an intern at Pie Press Publishing. There is a new novel by Robert Jeschonek that will be launched on April 15th of this year called Earthbreaker! It is an urban fantasy series and the second part of the World Warrior series, the first novel being Earthshaker.
Robert is currently looking for people to read and review it (or just read and enjoy it!). If anyone is interested in reading it and possibly reviewing it, send me a comment and I can send you a link to the comp book via email or PM!
I’ll leave a synopsis from the Amazon page so everyone can get a hint about what the novel is about. (Also, Earthshaker is now available for free on Kindle Unlimited!)

“Sexy private eye Gaia Charmer stands up for Mother Earth and channels her power to bring the wicked to their knees. Earthquakes, mudslides, sinkholes, quicksand, volcanoes, tsunamis, and more are all under her control.

But when her closest Landkind friends go missing, Gaia launches a hunt to find them. The search puts Gaia in the crosshairs of a deadly government program to turn Landkind—humans with the powers of Earth’s landforms—into walking weapons of war.

A terrible final struggle tears apart the heartland that Gaia has sworn to protect…and reveals the mastermind behind the devastation. A true enemy from long ago and far away rallies the forces of the Earth itself to crush the life out of everyone and everything that Gaia loves.

Even with a team of powerful allies, can Gaia fight her way through these trials that threaten the very existence of the planet from which she gains her greatest strength?

Only Gaia stands a chance of stopping the world as we know it from going up in flames.”

message 46: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Fitzgerald (vickifitzgerald) | 2 comments Hey there! I'm looking for reviewers for my memoir, Still Standing.

Still Standing One woman's struggle with depression, divorce, and betrayal by Vicki Fitzgerald

Vicki was 28 when her neat world crumbled. Her moral compass--beloved Gramps--died suddenly, leaving Vicki depressed and insecure. Despite a series of poor choices in men and life, by 24, Vicki had built a career as a noted crime reporter, wife, and mother.

But success led to disaster. Vicki's perfect world crumbled with bitter family upheaval, leading to multiple suicide attempts. Now 38, Vicki lays her soul bare and shares the pivotal moments of her roller-coaster life: depression, grief, heartache, trauma, drugging, and suicide, truthfully, and candidly.

Her story is heartbreaking, inspiring, and unexpectedly witty.

If anyone would like to receive en ebook/PDF, please email me vickifitzgeraldauthor@gmail.com or message me on here.

Huge thanks for allowing me to share details of my memoir.

message 47: by Jan (new)

Jan Hurst-Nicholson (janhurst-nicholson) | 10 comments To celebrate International Left-Handers Day on 13th August I'm making my children's ebook FREE on all Amazon stores from 12-16 August (US time). It's inspirational for left-handed children and contains valuable information for parents and teachers.

The Race: An Inspiring Story for Left-Handers

The Race An Inspiring Story for Left-Handers by Jan Hurst-Nicholson

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D30CIJU

message 48: by R.S. (last edited Aug 30, 2020 09:20AM) (new)

R.S. Merritt | 16 comments Crawlerz! Available for Pre-Order Now!

Are you ready for the end? An ancient tomb is unearthed live on cable TV after months of hype. It's billed as the archeological equivalent of Shark Week. The actual footage takes a turn no one ever expected. Those minutes of footage will be combed over by governments worldwide seeking to understand what horror came out of that tomb.

They watched the news for weeks as an infection spread quickly across the globe. The videos posted online of people ripping into each other like cannibals on PCP were unreal. The support from the authorities was a joke. No one had a plan in place for this. At least not a plan that involved saving everyone...

Join a tight knit family of outcasts who'll do anything for one another as they battle their way through this freak show. A reality where might makes right and the only thing worse than running out of food and water is running out of ammunition.

description

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08...

Enjoy the ride!!!

While you're waiting check out the Zombies! series!

A Small World (Zombies! #1) by R.S. Merritt Against the Current (Zombies! #2) by R.S. Merritt Violence Solves Everything (Zombies! #3) by R.S. Merritt Nowhere To Hide (Zombies! #4) by R.S. Merritt Greater Love Hath No Man (Zombies! #5) by R.S. Merritt Hold the Line (Zombies! #6) by R.S. Merritt Still Standing (Zombies! #7) by R.S. Merritt

message 49: by Angela (new)

Angela Joseph | 8 comments The 2nd and 3rd books in my psychological women's fiction series are now available on Kindle Unlimited for you to read free of charge. The series features the lives of two sisters who escape a life of sexual abuse by their father when Marva accidentally kills him while trying to defend her younger sister from him. The books follow the sisters through the physical and emotional struggles of their new life, their path of redemption, and their eventual transformation into two confident adults able to give and receive love from the men who love them. Here is what one reviewer had to say about book #2: "The writer knows her craft – the characters are intense and vividly drawn and the setting is authentic. "
I would appreciated some reviews as well. Thanks! In The Wilderness: Book 2 of the Egypt trilogy
In the Promised Land

message 50: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Moore | 2 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...
Knowing by Rachel Moore, where everyone knows the date of their death

« previous 1