Catching up on Classics (and lots more!) discussion

2018 Classic Bingo Challenge > Theresa~Octoberlace 2018 Classic Bingo Challenge

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Theresa~OctoberLace (last edited Mar 17, 2018 09:47AM) (new)

Theresa~OctoberLace (octoberlace) | 18 comments 2018 Classic Bingo Challenge

B1: Written by Nobel Laureate - Kristin Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset
B2: Children’s Classic - Watership Down by Richard Adams
B3 Government Banned Book - Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
B4: Classic Made into a Film/TV - The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
B5: Winner of a Foreign Literary Prize - Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood Finished 2/17/18
I1: 20th Century Classic - One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez
I2: New-to-You Author - The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling by Henry Fielding
I3: Mystery or Crime Classic - The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco
I4: Classic of More than 500 Pages - Clarissa, or, the History of a Young Lady by Samuel Richardson
I5: 18th Century or Earlier Classic - The Vicar of Wakefield by Oliver Goldsmith

N1: North American Classic - The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
N2: Classic Short Story - The Nightingale and the Rose by Oscar Wilde
N3: FREE SPACE - Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson
N4: Classic Play - Othello by William Shakespeare
N5: African Classic - Out of Africa by Isak Dinesen

G1: 19th Century Classic - David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
G2: Finest Works of Fiction (Martin Seymour-Smith & Editors) - War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
G3: Adventure or Action Classic - Twenty Years After by Alexandre Dumas
G4: Group Read - The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Brontë
G5: 21st Century Potential Classic - Fingersmith by Sarah Waters

O1: Literary Prize of Your Country/Region - Andersonville by MacKinlay Kantor
O2: Lesser known book by a famous author - Romola by George Eliot
O3: Australia, Antarctica, or Oceania Classic - A Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute
O4: A Classic that you have put off reading - The Faerie Queene by Edmund Spenser
O5: Classic written by a Female Author - My Ántonia by Willa Cather

Theresa~OctoberLace (octoberlace) | 18 comments Reserved

message 3: by Katy, New School Classics (new)

Katy (kathy_h) | 9188 comments Mod
So nice that you have joined the challenge with us Theresa~OctoberLace. Have fun.

message 4: by Susie (new)

Susie | 731 comments Good luck on your challenge!

message 5: by Terris (new)

Terris | 2335 comments I'm liking your list so far! Have fun reading :)

Theresa~OctoberLace (octoberlace) | 18 comments It's New Year's Eve, and my list is locked. It's comprised of some books I've wanted to read, but hadn't gotten to, some old favorites to re-read, and some others I added in compiling the list. I hope to get them all read in 2018.

message 7: by Veronique (new)

Veronique | 889 comments It’s a great list! Plenty I’d like to read too.
Good luck with your challenge :0)

message 8: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) | 75 comments Good luck with your challenge, Theresa~OctoberLace!

message 9: by Bat-Cat (new)

Bat-Cat | 1300 comments Great list Theresa! You have some of my favorites on there - Kristan Lavransdatter, David Copperfield, Name of the Rose, On Hundred Years of Solitude, Watership Down and War & Peace. Have you been looking at my bookshelf? ;-) Lots of luck and enjoy!

Theresa~OctoberLace (octoberlace) | 18 comments Bat-Cat wrote: "Great list Theresa! You have some of my favorites on there - Kristan Lavransdatter, David Copperfield, Name of the Rose, On Hundred Years of Solitude, Watership Down and War & Peace. Have you been ..."

Bad Cat, Kristin Lavransdatter, One Hundred Years of Solitude, Watership Down, and War and Peace are all re-reads of some favorites, while David Copperfield and The Name of the Rose have been on my TBR list too long. I have a very large cross stitch piece I'll be working on this year, and having familiar audiobooks read by my Echo while I stitch is so relaxing!

message 11: by Aubrey (new)

Aubrey (korrick) | 2357 comments I'm looking forward to your thoughts on Romola, Theresa. That book has all the mixed reviews of a true lesser known work by a famous author.

message 12: by Bat-Cat (new)

Bat-Cat | 1300 comments Theresa~OctoberLace wrote: "Bat-Cat wrote: "Great list Theresa! You have some of my favorites on there - Kristan Lavransdatter, David Copperfield, Name of the Rose, On Hundred Years of Solitude, Watership Down and War & Peace..."

Sounds like a very productive use of your time. Lots of fun and luck!!! :-)