Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
This topic is about Targeted
Archived: BOM/SGOM > Targeted (Callahan & McLane #4) by Kendra Elliot [Start date: January 22th, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (last edited Dec 21, 2017 05:55PM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments
Targeted (Callahan & McLane #4), by Kendra Elliot

All Detective Mason Callahan wanted was a quiet fishing trip with the guys—a chance to get away and unwind before Halloween.

Until he finds the body of his boss, Denny Schefte, near their remote Oregon cabin. Now all he wants is to catch the sadist who slit Denny’s throat and covered his face with a mask. Mason was the last person to see him alive and will stop at nothing to find his friend’s murderer.

When the FBI learns of the mask left at the scene, they realize they have a serial killer on their hands—one who is targeting cops. They assign the case to Special Agent Ava McLane, despite her engagement to Mason. Barely recovered from her own nearly fatal injury and her sister’s attempted suicide, Ava hopes she is ready to chase another killer.

But as she delves into the increasingly disturbing case, the killer may be closer than expected—dangerously close.

message 2: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments I'm in!

message 3: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm in

CD {Boulder Blvd} (boulderblvd) | 86 comments I read this in 2016 and really liked. I'm in for a re-read.

Loriidae I am up to #3 Spiraled, I will make sure to read it in the next couple of weeks to be ready to read with everyone.

message 7: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Loriidae wrote: "I am up to #3 Spiraled, I will make sure to read it in the next couple of weeks to be ready to read with everyone."

Sounds great :)

message 8: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Ah the date on the group bookshelf is wrong! I still have until Monday to start this.

message 9: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'll start soon in a few hours maybe

Loriidae I hope to start later today

message 11: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm listening , chapter 8 I think
(view spoiler)

message 12: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments chapter 13
(view spoiler)

message 13: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Chapter 17
(view spoiler)

message 14: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Chapter 22
(view spoiler)

message 15: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm done
(view spoiler)

Loriidae Through Chapter Eight
I agree Shosho I had hoped (view spoiler)

Debby*BabyDee I'm done also
Same here Shosho I was (view spoiler)

Debby*BabyDee ShoSho wrote: "Chapter 17

Who is the person Micah is following?
I'm guessing it's either Mason(low portability) , Ray or Xander. What do you think?"

ShoSho wrote: "Chapter 17

Who is the person Micah is following?
I'm guessing it's either Mason(low portability) , Ray or Xander. What do you think?"

I thought it was (view spoiler)

message 19: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Debby "Piene Raven" hoping that Zander would hook up with the wedding planner "

He might get his own book. He has the potential!

message 20: by Loriidae (last edited Jan 28, 2018 03:25PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Loriidae I have fallen off the wagon with this one, I suddenly decided to open another book that I wasn't even planning to read until next month and got totally taken away and well that was the end of that so I'm up to chapter 12 and hoping to read more today with my afternoon coffee.

Debby*BabyDee ShoSho wrote: "Debby "Piene Raven" hoping that Zander would hook up with the wedding planner "

He might get his own book. He has the potential!"

I hope so because I enjoyed his character🙂

message 22: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments The second I read this one, I had a feeling it would tie into the Mercy Kilpatrick series...I hate it when I'm right!

message 23: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments ⚜️Trea wrote: "The second I read this one, I had a feeling it would tie into the Mercy Kilpatrick series...I hate it when I'm right!"

How does it tie into her other series?

message 24: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments Mercy Kilpatrick is the Agent from Domestic Terrorism that they consult on this case. Ava even gets Mercy to visit Zander at home, when he's drunk off his butt in mourning. When you read the Mercy Kilpatrick series, there are some vague references to this case in the first book.

Debby*BabyDee Wow gonna have to check that out Thanks 🙂

message 26: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments Debby "Piene Raven" wrote: "Wow gonna have to check that out Thanks 🙂"

No problem...I'm not enjoying them that much, but they remind me of an app I used to play, so I still check them out from the library. Look for A Merciful Death as the first book.

message 27: by Debby*BabyDee (last edited Jan 28, 2018 06:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Debby*BabyDee ⚜️Trea wrote: "Debby "Piene Raven" wrote: "Wow gonna have to check that out Thanks 🙂"

No problem...I'm not enjoying them that much, but they remind me of an app I used to play, so I still check them out from the..."

I have that in my libray of books. I think I got it free sometime ago on Bookbub thx again

Loriidae Chapter 17 Too much time is being devoted to (view spoiler)

Shosho re your Chapter 17 spoiler: (view spoiler)

Loriidae Finished! I felt it was a typical Kendra Elliot. (view spoiler)

message 30: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Loriidae wrote: "Finished! I felt it was a typical Kendra Elliot. [spoilers removed]"

I liked the ending too. I'm not sure about how things ended with Jayne. Was that some sort of closure for readers and Ava?!

If the mommy issues weren't there I would have been happier with the mystery.

message 31: by Loriidae (last edited Jan 31, 2018 02:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Loriidae ShoSho wrote: "Loriidae wrote: "Finished! I felt it was a typical Kendra Elliot. [spoilers removed]"

I liked the ending too. I'm not sure about how things ended with Jayne. Was that some sort of closure for read..."

I guess it was the best closure for Ava without having her OD or similar, but it felt rather weak.

If the mommy issues weren't there I would have been happier with the mystery.

it was like she wanted to take it up a level into a deeper darker grittier mystery but didn't have the page space to to do that.