2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Sharon's Little Reading World 2018

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharon (last edited Jan 04, 2018 06:32PM) (new)

Sharon (sqin) | 32 comments I have so many books sitting on the shelf, and in 2018, my goal is to read as many and as diverse as time allows. The books listed below are not in any particular order. I'm listing 10 for now, but will add/revise as needed later on.

1. Biography:
Leonardo da Vinci by Walter Isaacson I started this book in early December and is currently on pause at Chapter 8. I will resume reading after the holidays.

2. Philosophy:
Republic by Plato I started this book a few years back but never finished.

3. Philosophy:
Walden and Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau Again, another one that started a few years back but never finished.

4. Science:
On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection by Charles Darwin I never read this book, really?!

5. Business/Leadership:
Lean In Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg It's time to read this one.

6. Classic Literature (World):
Les Misérables by Victor Hugo Never read it but will read in 2018.

7. Classic Literature (English)
Jane Eyre  by Charlotte Brontë Another one that's been sitting on my TBR shelf for a while.

8. Economics:
The Wealth of Nations  by Adam Smith I guess I will read this just for the sake of.

9. Classic Literature (World):
The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri I only read part of Inferno in high school. Guess it's time to read the full book.

10. Classic Literature (World):
One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez Okay, I know this is one of those classic literature must-reads, but I made two attempts to read this book in the past but never passed chapter 3. My goal for 2018 is to mark this book as Read!

11. Business/Self-Help
The 4-Hour Workweek Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferriss Listened to this one.
FINISHED

1/11

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Sharon wrote: "I have so many books sitting on the shelf, and in 2018, my goal is to read as many and as diverse as time allows. The books listed below are not in any particular order...."

Same here! :)
Wishing you the best of luck & happy reading Sharon!

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3262 comments Great selection of books to get the year started :) I'm curious to see what number 10 will be! Aswell as the remainder of the books you'll be reading throughout the year, ofcourse.

Good luck, Sharon. May you find some amazing reads along the way!

message 4: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sqin) | 32 comments Susy wrote: "Sharon wrote: "I have so many books sitting on the shelf, and in 2018, my goal is to read as many and as diverse as time allows. The books listed below are not in any particular order...."

Same he..."

Thank you, Susy for the best wishes! Happy holidays! =)

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sqin) | 32 comments Lisa wrote: "Great selection of books to get the year started :) I'm curious to see what number 10 will be! Aswell as the remainder of the books you'll be reading throughout the year, ofcourse.

Good luck, Sha..."

Hi Lisa!
Thanks for the best wishes. I am excited for the new year and all the books I'm planning to read! Number 10 will be "One Hundred Years of Solitude," a book I attempted to read in the past but never passed chapter 3, lol. The goal is to mark this book as Read in 2018!
Happy holidays!
-Sharon

message 6: by Lisa (last edited Dec 22, 2017 01:58PM) (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3262 comments Sharon wrote: "Lisa wrote: "Great selection of books to get the year started :) I'm curious to see what number 10 will be! Aswell as the remainder of the books you'll be reading throughout the year, ofcourse.

G..."

If I remember correctly, it took me a few attempts as well, and honestly I don't even remember it all that well. It's just one of those books where timing is everything.
Sort of like Moby-Dick or, The Whale, which I still have not finished after a ridiculous amount of attempts....*sigh*

Fingers crossed that 2018 will be the year where you cross One Hundred Years of Solitude off of your reading list! :)

message 7: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments Best of luck with your challenge!

message 8: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sqin) | 32 comments Blagica wrote: "Best of luck with your challenge!"

Thank you, Blagica!

message 9: by BMAD_addicts (new)

BMAD_addicts | 100 comments Good Luck!! Hope you finished all the books that you want to read ^_<

message 10: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (0utnumbered321) Loving your list! Goodluck!

message 11: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sqin) | 32 comments The 4-Hour Workweek Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferriss
Just finished "reading" (audiobook) this book, although it isn't one of those on the list.

1/11 (revised # of books)

message 12: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sqin) | 32 comments Leonardo da Vinci by Walter Isaacson
Finished today! Moving on to the next book on my list! =)

2/11

message 13: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments Awesome progress keep it up!

message 14: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments Hoping March is a fantastic month for you Sharon!!!!

message 15: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May!

message 16: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments “I have always imagined paradise will be a kind of library.” I hope you find a corner in Paradise with some great books!!