New York Times Groupies discussion

Origin (Robert Langdon, #5)
This topic is about Origin
Current Group Discussions > January Fiction: Origin

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley, Bibliophile (last edited Dec 31, 2017 07:14AM) (new) - added it

Ashley (anicholsb) | 132 comments Mod
I read the Da Vinci Code in 2017 so way after the hype, but I really enjoyed it. Of course then I found that Dan Brown had come out with all of these sequels which just lead to my To Read pile becoming ridiculously tall. Origin has been on the bestseller list for 12 weeks and is the #2 book bought on Amazon right now so I'm interested to see if Mr. Brown has kept the momentum going.

Remember that spoilers are fine, just use the spoiler html (find the some html is ok link at the top right corner of your comment box) in case a member isn't ready for the big reveal!

message 2: by Ashley, Bibliophile (last edited Jan 01, 2018 09:12AM) (new) - added it

Ashley (anicholsb) | 132 comments Mod
I've read The Da Vinci Code but none of the others in this series. This is #5 and I'm wondering if this is a series that builds on the other books. Will Dan Brown be hearkening back to books #2 - #4 a lot or do they work as semi stand alone reads?

message 3: by Reija (new)

Reija | 10 comments I was wonderin too. According trailers, he has new girl in every movie. I have read only The Da Vinci code too and it seems I don't going to read this even though the plot sounds kind of interesting.