What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

North
This topic is about North
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Surviving in the Northern Canadian Islands, Adventure. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin Corcoran I'm trying to find this book I read a VERY long time ago (like in elementary I think). It's about a boy who takes a train up from somewhere in America, through Canada in the beginning. I don't remember why he wants to go up there, i think he might've had a letter or a postcard or something, but he was trying to get as far north as he could. And he met this girl on the train who helped hide him from the ticket people at the border, because he wasn't actually supposed to be on it. They become friends and then she gets off and he keeps going as far as the train will go. He ends up staying in the home of some people in the village, and then he gets this survivalist guy to take him further north. They live in an igloo for a while and eat jerky and such, and I think there's a blizzard someplace. I'm pretty sure that a polar bear gets mad at him at some point too... Then he goes back down to the village, and I think it ends with him going home on the train again 'cause his folks got the authorities to send him back, maybe. It's not Spirit Bear, or Into the Wild I think but it's like those books somewhat. I think maybe I read it for class?

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37760 comments Mod
What years were you in elementary school? Remember the cover?

message 3: by Polly (last edited Dec 22, 2017 08:15AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Polly (pollya) | 113 comments Sounds like North by Donna Jo Napoli

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin Corcoran Polly wrote: "Sounds like North by Donna Jo Napoli"
Yes!! I think that's it, thank you!

Polly (pollya) | 113 comments Great! You are very welcome!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

North (other topics)