Language Lovers discussion

Resources?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lee (last edited Nov 12, 2009 09:06PM) (new)

Lee | 15 comments I thought that if no one minded, we could post some good resources for learning languages. i.e good textbooks, websites, etc.

I recently found a site that had radio stations from nearly every country that you can listen to online ^-^
Online Radio Site-has all languages
European Radio Site-has European stations only
Livemocha.com-site with community and free courses
Busuu.com a site like Livemocha but with less languages.
Huge list of Spanish resources & links

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 14 comments That sounds great! What's the site?

message 3: by Lee (last edited Aug 10, 2009 06:53PM) (new)

Lee | 15 comments It's linked up there (kinda hard to see on this site :O though)

it's on
http://multilingualbooks.com/online-r...

it's actually a multilingual bookstore site but it lets people add links to the radio stations. I've also found another site that does the same thing, but is only for Europe.

(oh, my link is to the Japanese station page, but you can get to any of the other language pages from there)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 14 comments Thanks! That is so awesome! What's the Europe site?

message 6: by Lee (new)

Lee | 15 comments Hey, can anyone recommend any good Spanish textbooks? The one I had to buy (Que Tal) is absolutely horrible D: and I know there's a lot of great online resources, but I like to have a textbook I can cart around too.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Lee, where do you live? I know textbooks from Spain/Europe and some from the USA.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 14 comments What level book are you looking for? We had Buen Viaje, and they were pretty good. Each chapter had a lot of articles in Spanish on the culture of a specific region. It was pretty interesting.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 14 comments Lee wrote: "I thought that if no one minded, we could post some good resources for learning languages. i.e good textbooks, websites, etc.

I recently found a site that had radio stations from nearly every cou..."

There's a Hungarian musicals channel! *dies*

message 10: by Lee (new)

Lee | 15 comments Oops I'm late ^_^;;; I'm from Missouri, in the USA.

I might check out Buen Viaje; I bought Madrigal's Magic Key and my sis seems pretty impressed with it, it seems a little gimicky though. I'm also working through the Livemocha lessons right now and I've done a couple Pimsleur lessons with my sis.

Be careful listening to all those foreign radio stations. You might get seduced away from your studies by a language like Estonian or something you might've never dreamed of.