Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > YA urban fantasy

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Greutman | 15 comments Hey everyone!

I have a YA urban fantasy about a fae girl that I'm looking for some feedback on. I'm hoping to send it to agents around the end of January. I'm mostly looking for slow spots and inconsistencies, but I'll take whatever you have to say! Here is the blurb.

Trish Penchent, raised on Earth in the human foster care system has always known she is fae. A final warning from her mother before she goes missing made sure she has never told anyone. Life gets interesting when she is conscripted by the fae with an ultimatum. Help hunt down an escaped fugitive, or be sent to Faerie, never to see the foster parents she is starting to love again. Monsters, a murderous ex-boyfriend now turned teammate, and the deceptive nature of the fae are all going to make this difficult. What has she gotten herself into?

The story is at 94,000 words right now.

Thanks in advance! I really appreciate it!

message 2: by Macasha (new)

Macasha Jackson | 14 comments Hello
I would love to beta read your MS. If you are still looking for someone.

message 3: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Greutman | 15 comments Awesome, thanks! How would you like me to get it to you? Would you like a few chapters at a time or the whole thing at once? Thanks!

message 4: by Macasha (new)

Macasha Jackson | 14 comments The whole thing if that is possible is there anything that you want me to look out for specifically

message 5: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Greutman | 15 comments Yes, that's great. Mostly looking for spots where I missed something after changing plot threads. So inconsistencies etc. Thanks!

message 6: by Macasha (new)

Macasha Jackson | 14 comments okay, I will keep that in mind do you want to send the story now,

message 7: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Greutman | 15 comments Sure, would you like it emailed?