What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The King's Taster
This topic is about The King's Taster
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Picture book: young prince won't eat his dinner. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5206 comments I remember everything about this picture book, so I don't know why I can't find it. It's probably from the 2000's. This spoiled little prince has a private chef, whose dog narrates the book. The chef searches everywhere for something the prince will eat. He and the dog (a basset, I think) go to Mexico, discover tacos, and bring them back; they go to Italy and come back with pizza. But the prince still won't eat. One night the dog finds the scent of almonds and sugar, tracks it to the prince's room, and finds out why the prince won't eat meals: he's been snacking in bed. The dog tells the chef, who scolds the prince and threatens to tell his mother. I don't know if he does or not, but shortly thereafter, the chef and the dog quit to open their own restaurant, and live happily ever after. Thank you.

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5206 comments That's it. Thanks, Ayshe. How did you find it?

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4230 comments You're welcome! By googling "picture book" "chef and his dog" OR "cook and his dog".

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5206 comments Now why didn't I think of that?! You're the best, Ayshe!

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5206 comments I wish I knew all your Google tricks and shortcuts.

message 7: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4230 comments No, it just happened to work for this book :) But thank you.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The King's Taster (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kenneth Oppel (other topics)