Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Falling Into Flowers
This topic is about Falling Into Flowers
Awards > Please add Rainbow award winner, 'Falling Into Flowers'

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by annob (last edited Dec 21, 2017 08:02AM) (new)

annob | 1616 comments Please add the following award:

Rainbow Award for Best Gay & Lesbian - Poetry (2017)
Winner: Falling Into Flowers by Lynne Barnes

Link to the award announcement can be found here.

And that's all 44 of the announced first place winner's of the 2017 Rainbow Awards. Many, many thanks to Librarians/Elizabeth for helping out adding the honour to the awarded books.

message 2: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited Dec 21, 2017 09:52AM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6788 comments done!!! (and you're welcome!)

message 3: by annob (new)

annob | 1616 comments Great, and again many thanks! I've seen your comments regarding missing ebook edition info on two awarded books, but real life (holiday duties) won't permit me time to look into those details right now. Until then, my very best holiday wishes to you, Elizabeth!

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6788 comments annob wrote: "Great, and again many thanks! I've seen your comments regarding missing ebook edition info on two awarded books, but real life (holiday duties) won't permit me time to look into those details right..."

They will wait. Enjoy the season!

message 5: by annob (new)

annob | 1616 comments I hope you had a good and relaxing holiday break! :-)

Mostly out of curiousity I have to take the opportunity to ask the more experienced you; I've noticed not all award winners from previous years are listed on the award page. Would a winner from year 2016 added later end up on top of the 2017 ones, or can a 2016 winner somehow be moved down the award list by a Librarian, in order to end up below the more recent winners?

message 6: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited Dec 26, 2017 11:01AM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6788 comments annob wrote: "I hope you had a good and relaxing holiday break! :-)

Mostly out of curiousity I have to take the opportunity to ask the more experienced you; I've noticed not all award winners from previous year..."

The awards within a list are in date order, all of the winners first, and then the nominees/finalists, etc. separately and also listed by date. I'm not certain how GR lists the winners within a year - I don't think they are alphabetical by title or category, and they may just be random.

Because titles for an award are added manually, there may be some titles missing. As you have learned, all you need to do is ask, with a pointer to the award announcement.

Was there a specific title that you thought should be ordered differently? I can take a look.

message 7: by annob (new)

annob | 1616 comments Cool, thanks for letting me know more about the 'inner workings'. :-) I think award pages are well designed if the winner lists are sorted automatically by date. Otherwise it would be harder for future readers to navigate among awarded books if different years (and later decades) would show up mixed in with each other.

As far as Rainbow Awards goes, I got the feeling the winners closer to the end of the list were given the most prestigious awards ('Best X Book', without mentions of subgenres). But it's only my feeling, I have no facts to support my theory. And besides, the more I think about it, sorting books within a particular year would probably take too much micro managing over the years and across so many awards, if all books are to be treated the same. So I'm fully satisfied with automatic sorting by year.