Goodreads Sci-Fi/Fantasy Authors discussion

Introductions > Evening, folks... I must be new here

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ian (new)

Ian Shlasko | 5 comments So, I've made a great effort to avoid the MySpaces and Facebooks of the world, but something caught my eye here. Then, I noticed the groups, and well, how can I pass up a Sci-Fi/Fantasy group?

Suppose I should introduce myself. I'm a recently-published author living in New York City, a computer programmer by trade. Not much for self-promotion, so I think I'll just say... Greetings, fellow humans and human-like organisms! Heh.

message 2: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 30 comments Welcome Ian. Congrats on your book!

I too succumbed to the lure of Goodreads over MySpace and Facebook. So far, I have been happy with the fall.

Hope you enjoy yourself!

Ellen

message 3: by Lil (new)

Lil (LilMar) | 26 comments Well, while I'm not new, I do stay here when it comes to books.

I am a bit unusual in my family, as, with the exception of my daughter (and now my sister has been converted), up until now I have been the only Bibliophile in my family.
So while I have both a MySpace and a Facebook, those are strictly for professional (I am an editor) and Personal (family is far flung and there are a lot of us!), Goodreads is my hangout of choice for everything book related.

Welcome to Goodreads, Ian!

message 4: by Kevis (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) | 71 comments Welcome Ian,

I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical when I joined a few months ago. But GoodReads is my favorite online site. It's starting to become an addiction. Glad to have you on board.