2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE: Monthly Challenges > January - Personalities Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 142 (142 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Lisa (last edited Feb 01, 2018 11:27PM) (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3262 comments Hey all and welcome to one of the first monthly challenges of 2018! :) I can't wait to see what you'll all be reading :)
Have fun and happy reading!

Participants:
Ally → 1/1
Amanda (msg #10) → 1/3
Amanda (msg #23) → 0/1
Amy → 1/1
Anna → 4/4
Annika → 0/4
Arushi → 3/3
Aysha → 0/2
Blagica → 0/2
Brittany → 0/1
Carri → 0/2
Claire (msg #45) → 2/2
Claire (msg #93) → 0/2
Dean J. → 1/2
Debbie → 0/1
Debra → 1/1
Eden → 4/4
Elisa → 1/1
Faye → 1/1
Ilja → 0/1
Jennifer (msg #21) → 0/2
Jennifer (msg #92) → 2/2
Jenny → 0/2
Joey → 0/1
JoJo → 0/2
Kadijah → 0/4
Katherine → 0/2
Kimberly → 1/1
Laura → 0/1
Lindsay → 1/1
Mandee → 0/1
Marelis → 0/3
Maris → 0/2
Megan → 4/3
Meghan → 2/2
Michelle → 0/1
Mie → 3/3
Nikki → 1/1
Rachel (msg #53) → 0/1
Rachel (msg #61) → 0/2
Richelle → 2/2
Rick → ??
Ramona → 1/1
Samantha → ??
Samyuktha → 0/1
Sarah → 2/2
SarahKat → 4/4
Shannon → 2/4
Stephanie → 0/3
Susan → 0/1
Tania → ??
vikki → 1/1
Waco → 1/2

message 2: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new)

SarahKat | 2666 comments I am also INTJ and I'll join for 4. I'm using this as an excuse to get a little farther in my Batman comics collection. Bruce Wayne is also INTJ!

http://personalitygrowth.com/myers-br...

message 3: by Mie (last edited Jan 05, 2018 06:26AM) (new)

Mie | 1845 comments This is a tough one...! But I think I have found 3 books :-)

COMPLETE ✔️
I am ESFJ, and I also think these characters are:
✅ Alfred - Batman: The Long Halloween - 2,5⭐️
✅ Vittoria - De voksnes rækker - 4⭐️
✅ Eduardo - Dybet - 4⭐️

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3262 comments SarahKat wrote: "I am also INTJ and I'll join for 4. I'm using this as an excuse to get a little farther in my Batman comics collection. Bruce Wayne is also INTJ!

http://personalitygrowth.com/myers-br...-..."

Haha, that's so cool! I would've never thought of Bruce Wayne as an introvert. I would've probably characterized him as an ambivert.

Welcome to the challenge! :)

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3262 comments Mie wrote: "This is a tough one...! But I think I have found 3 books :-)

Alfred - Batman: The Long Halloween
Vittoria - [book:De voksnes rækker..."

Welcome Mie!

message 6: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new)

SarahKat | 2666 comments Mie wrote: "This is a tough one...! But I think I have found 3 books :-)

Alfred - Batman: The Long Halloween
Vittoria - [book:De voksnes rækker..."

The Long Halloween is excellent. One of my husband's favorites. Enjoy!

message 7: by Kadijah Michelle (last edited Feb 19, 2018 12:44PM) (new)

Kadijah Michelle (kadmich) | 2176 comments I'm going to go for 4.

A Study in Scarlet
The Sign of Four
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

I am still hoping to read the four above, but I just read High Fidelity, and if Rob isn't an INTJ, then I need to retake the personality test.

3/4

message 8: by Kimberly (last edited Jan 29, 2018 07:00AM) (new)

Kimberly Wendt | 117 comments I'm an ISTJ so I'll try for:

Bathsheba Everdeen - Far from the Madding Crowd January 28, 2018

Complete!

message 9: by Amanda (last edited Jan 27, 2018 02:11PM) (new)

Amanda | 526 comments I'm ISTJ and I'm going to go for 3.

1/3

✔1. Charlie Kelmeckis in The Perks of Being a Wallflower
2. Spock in Star Trek
3. Thorin Oakenshield in The Hobbit

message 10: by Lindsay (last edited Jan 26, 2018 02:00PM) (new)

Lindsay | 1311 comments I'm the mediator, an INFP-T apparently.

My goal is to read Gone with the Wind where Ashley Wilkes is the same personality type.

Gone With the Wind

message 11: by Megan, Challenges (last edited Jan 19, 2018 03:36AM) (new)

Megan (lahairoi) | 6288 comments I'm an Executive - ESTJ-A (extroverted, sensor, thinker, judger, and assertive).

I'll join in for 3!

1. Cat the Black Queen - The Eight by Katherine Neville - completed
2. Jackson Shore and Edward Rhodes - Distant Shores by Kristin Hannah - completed
3. Abby Elliot - Guilty Wives by James Patterson - completed
4. Katherine Jackson - Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race by Margot Lee Shetterley - completed

4/3 - challenge completed!

message 12: by Meghan L (new)

Meghan L | 291 comments I am an INFP, so it looks like it's time for me to finally give Anne of Green Gables a try. I'll try to find another, and aim for 2 total.

message 13: by Jenny (last edited Feb 25, 2018 01:36AM) (new)

Jenny (jennywilliams88) If any of you are doing Modern Mrs Darcy's challenge as well, Anne has a helpful link on her website to find books for your type:

https://modernmrsdarcy.com/summer-rea...

As for me, I'll be doing two (ISFJ - Protector):
Great Expectations and Anne of Green Gables

UPDATE: Finally managed to finish Great Expectations, but in February! This is not going too well for me at the moment - I also failed in February for the library task! :-)

message 14: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3262 comments Jenny wrote: "If any of you are doing Modern Mrs Darcy's challenge as well, Anne has a helpful link on her website to find books for your type:

https://modernmrsdarcy.com/summer-rea...

As for me, I'll b..."

Thanks so much for sharing that link, Jenny! Welcome to the challenge and Goodluck :)

message 15: by Lisa (last edited Dec 22, 2017 07:34AM) (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3262 comments Welcome everyone to the challenge :) You've all been added to the list. Happy reading!

message 16: by Anna (last edited Jan 25, 2018 04:38AM) (new)

Anna Glebova (annaglebova) | 1165 comments Count me in! I am an INTJ and my goal is 4 books.

***COMPLETE***

1. Severus Snape in Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling 09.01.2018 ★★★★★

2. Mr. Darcy in Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen 22.01.2018 ★★★★★

3. Claruce Starling in The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris 25.01.2018 ★★★★☆

4. Rodion Raskolnikov in Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky 13.01.2018 ★★★★★

4/4

message 17: by Maris (last edited Jan 25, 2018 05:29AM) (new)

Maris (maristocratic) | 147 comments I'm down, been thinking of doing this anyway and this is the perfect push to get me going! I'll sign up for 2 at the moment, since I doubt I'll have much time in January.

I am INFP and I think I'll go for these books
1. Frodo Baggins - The Fellowship of the Ring
2. Lucy Pevensie The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

message 18: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (last edited Dec 25, 2017 10:16AM) (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments i'm going to try for 2 books. Lisa thanks for leading!
I am
ESFJ, -A/-T)

message 19: by Debra (last edited Jan 13, 2018 12:40PM) (new)

Debra Barstad | 362 comments I am ISTJ-A I'll do 1
Katniss Everdean -The Hunger Games1/13/18

Completed

message 20: by Jennifer (last edited Jan 01, 2018 12:19PM) (new)

message 21: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3262 comments Some great books are being picked for this challenge! I can't wait to hear what your thoughts on them are :)
And it's so cool to see all the different personality types. I hope you all enjoy the challenge.

Welcome everyone!

message 22: by Amanda (last edited Mar 17, 2018 04:05PM) (new)

Amanda R (fairyteapot) | 1348 comments Personalities Challenge:
Duration January 1 - January 31, 2018

I'm INFJ - the Advocate.

1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee Completed 22/1/18 Rating 4 stars

Atticus Finch

1/1

message 23: by Katharine (last edited Dec 26, 2017 03:32PM) (new)

Katharine | 101 comments I'm INFP - the Mediator.

According to the Book Riot link, INFPs are Healers and creative, idealistic, disorganized (I find myself the opposite), and "loners".

I didn't find INFP characters on the sites in books I haven't already read or have a desire to read, so I will try for 2 books.

message 24: by Samyuktha (new)

Samyuktha Sundar | 3 comments Hi, I'm ENFJ and I'm going to try 1 book for this challenge - Emma, by Jane Austen

message 25: by JoJo (new)

JoJo (jojo2013) | 813 comments Lindsay wrote: "I'm the mediator, an INFP-T apparently.

My goal is to read Gone with the Wind where Ashley Wilkes is the same personality type."

I'm a mediator too. I've already read Gone With the Wind. Any suggestions on what else I can read?

message 26: by Dean J. (last edited Jan 14, 2018 03:16PM) (new)

Dean J. (deanjksmith) | 23 comments Ooh, I'll give this a shot. I'm ESFP - The Entertainer.

I'll shoot for two books, just to be on the safe side:
Captain Wentworth - Persuasion
Kitty Fane - The Painted Veil

message 27: by Dean J. (new)

Dean J. (deanjksmith) | 23 comments JoJo wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "I'm the mediator, an INFP-T apparently.

My goal is to read Gone with the Wind where Ashley Wilkes is the same personality type."

I'm a mediator too. I've already read..."

I found this link if you want to have a look through and see if any take your fancy? https://bookriot.com/2016/01/28/myer-...

message 28: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Rose | 258 comments I'll try for 3 please

message 29: by Lisa (last edited Dec 27, 2017 02:23PM) (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3262 comments JoJo wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "I'm the mediator, an INFP-T apparently.

I'm a mediator too. I've already read..."

Katherine & JoJo, If you can't find anything that tickles your fancy from the Bookriot link that's in Kristin's intro comment of this thread, I found these other links that provide you with a few more ideas: http://parchmentgirl.com/my-top-10-fa... or https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/...

I hope those help :)

message 30: by Eden (new)

Eden Naug (eden_ainsley) | 33 comments The links didn't have anything for EIFPA ~ campaigner

Vladimir chronicles ~ Henry

The great Gatsby ~ Gatsby

message 31: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Twiggs (twiggssl) | 90 comments This is fun! I’m an ESFJ- The Provider.

Going to try and read “The Hobbit,” where Bilbo Baggins is an ESFJ.

message 32: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 472 comments ENFP - T same thing I have been my whole life as far as I know. Some people's change over time, not so much for me.

This is such a cool challenge and gets people thinking about what they are like.

I will try to read 1 book in the month of january. Possible options include:
Natasha Rostova (War and Peace)
Josephine March (Little Women)
Elizabeth Bennet, Pride and Prejudice
Harley Quinn - many options

message 33: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3262 comments Eden wrote: "The links didn't have anything for EIFPA ~ campaigner

The great Gatsby ~ Gatsby"

Hi Eden, I'm assuming you meant ENFP :)
The Bookriot link mentions: Natasha Rostova (War and Peace), Jonathan Strange (Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell), Willy Wonka (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory), Horace Slughorn and Nymphadora Tonks (Harry Potter), Josephine March (Little Women), Beatrice (Much Ado About Nothing), Marianne Dashwood, and John Willoughby (Sense and Sensibility).

If none of those interest you and want more possibilities, you could check out: https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Myers-B...

For more options, here are some people who fit the ENFP type!
Willy Wonka from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes, Eliza Doolittle from My Fair Lady, Ariel from The Little Mermaid, Renly Baratheon from Game of Thrones, Ron Weasley from Harry Potter, Johanna from The Hunger Games, Faramir from The Lord of the Rings....

message 34: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3262 comments Welcome to the challenge! Everyone's one the list.
Happy reading!

message 35: by Eden (new)

Eden Naug (eden_ainsley) | 33 comments Thanks for the help @Lisa

Then I'll do

Charlie and the chocolate factory ~ Willy Wonka

Sense and sensibility ~ John

message 36: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3262 comments Eden wrote: "Thanks for the help @Lisa

Then I'll do

Charlie and the chocolate factory ~ Willy Wonka

Sense and sensibility ~ John"

You got it! I've updated your goal. Good luck and enjoy :)

message 37: by JoJo (new)

JoJo (jojo2013) | 813 comments thank you for that. I'm thinking of reading the chronicles of Narnia. I wanted to also read Anne of green gables

message 38: by Lisa (last edited Dec 28, 2017 01:15AM) (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3262 comments JoJo wrote: "thank you for that. I'm thinking of reading the chronicles of Narnia. I wanted to also read Anne of green gables"

No problem, JoJo :) The Chronicles of Narnia are some of my favorite childhood books. I hope you enjoy!

I've added you to the participants list with a goal of 2.

message 39: by JoJo (new)

JoJo (jojo2013) | 813 comments Personalities Challenge
January 1 - January 31, 2018

I'm the mediator, an INFP-T.

1. The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe

2. Anne of Green Gables

message 40: by Elisa (new)

Elisa Bandstra | 63 comments I am an INFP (there are a lot here I see heya!!!) and I am in for 1 book!

Going to pick one of these
The Bell Jar
A Walk to Remember

message 41: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3262 comments Welcome to the challenge Elisa! Happy reading :)

message 42: by Annika (new)

Annika Lantz (woweeeeee) | 4 comments I am an ISFJ and I'll join for four books.

Doctor Watson - The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle
Miss Havisham - Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
Narcissa Malfoy - Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling (whichever books in the series)

message 43: by Dania (new)

Dania (frenchiestfry) | 70 comments I saw a couple of ISTJs around here, hi there fellow logisticians!

I'm going for one book, which is The Last Wish, the first book in The Witcher series that the games are based on. The main character, Geralt of Rivia is an ISTJ.

message 44: by Claire (last edited Jan 31, 2018 07:48PM) (new)

Claire  (claire6452) | 685 comments I am an ENFP-T, and I think I will go for 2 books for this challenge:

1. Bobby Kennedy: A Raging Spirit. My personality type is called "Campaigner" so this seemed obvious. Finished 1/16
2. Three Souls This was my gift from my Secret Santa, and the description of the main character indicates that she is extroverted, and acts more on feelings than thoughts, so I think this fits me as well. Finished 1/31

message 45: by Meghan L (new)

Meghan L | 291 comments Here's another decent list, that offers up some different ideas: https://www.purewow.com/books/myers-b...

message 46: by Waco (last edited Feb 25, 2018 10:26PM) (new)

Waco Glennon | 91 comments I would like to participate.

I am an INFJ. I will read two books. [I ended up reading 3 total as I finished Jane Eyre,]

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (Atticus Finch is an INFJ)
The Mysterious Affair at Styles (Hercule Poirot #1) by Agatha Christie (Hercule Poirot is an INFJ)
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (Jane Eyre is listed as an INFJ on some lists)

1/2 The Mysterious Affair at Styles

Poirot was listed as an INFJ by the source I used. I can see this especially in his almost intuitive grasp of people and their motives. He is great at getting others to trust him. He is a bit cocky, but his basic good will endears him to all.

2/2 To Kill a Mockingbird

Atticus Finch has a supernatural sense of what his children need. Despite his sister's admonitions, he clearly knows Scout and Jem. I would have loved to have him as a father.

3/2 Jane Eyre

Jane is a good role model for INFJs. Sometimes it is easy to get lost in the feelings and worlds of others Jane remains true to herself despite intimately feeling the emotions of others.

message 47: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (chellesa) | 4 comments I am INFP and in for one book.

Jane Eyre -- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë

message 48: by Hardcover Harlot (new)

Hardcover Harlot (hardcoverharlot) | 390 comments I'm in for 1 book. I'm an ENFJ, and I've been meaning to read Mansfield Park for awhile now. I will apparently connect with Edmund Bertram.

message 49: by Mie (last edited Jan 02, 2018 03:57AM) (new)

message 50: by Vikki (last edited Jan 07, 2018 02:32AM) (new)

Vikki I am an INFJ - so will go for Little Women (Theodore Laurence) as I planned to read it this year

Finished. May add another to my Challenge. Really enjoyed reading through this whilst recognising similar personailty traits in Teddy that I show.

« previous 1 3