The Green Jell-O Book Club: A Goodreads Group about Fiction Written by LDS Authors discussion

Great Minds Want to Know . . . > What Christmas themed books have you read?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (charissastastny) | 169 comments I recently read Jennifer Peel's Honeymoon for One in Christmas Falls (Return to Christmas Falls #2) by Jennifer Peel and Becky Monson's Once Again in Christmas Falls (Return to Christmas Falls #3) by Becky Monson stories set in Christmas Falls. They were fun since they blended characters into each other's stories.

message 2: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Sowards | 2481 comments Not by an LDS author, but I think I'll try to read A Christmas Carol to my kids while they're on break. Otherwise, I probably won't read any Christmas-themed books this month. (I've got four checked out from the library that I need to finish by the first week in January.)

message 3: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (charissastastny) | 169 comments I love the Christmas Carol. I know there are tons out there I'm probably not thinking of, but I thought if people knew of others, they could drop their suggestions here so I can have Christmas reads for next year.

message 4: by Paul (new)

Paul (paul_gephart) | 54 comments I read Home and Away A World War II Christmas Story by Dean Hughes Home and Away: A World War II Christmas Story by Dean Hughes couple of years ago, and it was pretty good as I recall.

message 5: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (charissastastny) | 169 comments That looks awesome. Thanks, Paul.

message 6: by Jennie (new)

Jennie | 151 comments I read around twenty new Christmas books in November for my pre-Christmas column. https://ldsmag.com/new-christmas-book... Most were good.

message 7: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (charissastastny) | 169 comments Thanks for all the ideas, Jennie. That Lund one looks good.

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura Walker | 64 comments One of my favorites is Christmas Jars by Jason Wright. Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright

message 9: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (charissastastny) | 169 comments I keep seeing this one all over. I'll have to get it and read it for next year. Thanks, Laura.

message 10: by Joseph (new)

Joseph (jsaltal) | 0 comments I read A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens . I also want to read Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright and Lieutenant Terry's Christmas Fudge by Gerald N. Lund .

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura Walker | 64 comments Charissa wrote: "I keep seeing this one all over. I'll have to get it and read it for next year. Thanks, Laura."

You're welcome. 🙂 Truthfully, I've been so busy writing this season that I haven't had time to read. I finally bought a new novella collection from one of my favorite authors (not LDS) and have finished two of the novellas. If anyone is looking for yet another Christmas novella, I just released a historical Western romance called The Christmas Switch. It definitely stretched my writing muscles! The Christmas Switch by Laura L. Walker