What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Adult Fiction: Journalistic playboy seeks love while dealing with the past

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

The Celtic Rebel (Richard) (the_celtic_rebel) I am hoping that someone can help me. Several years ago I picked up a book in a box I bought at a flea market. I loved the book but lost it, and since then have tried to find it again. But for the life of me I can't remember the title or the author.

The plot was basically similar to Jacqueline Susann's The Love Machine in that involved a successful journalist or maybe author who went from woman to woman. He had a past too that involved his sister -- a bit of incestuous relationship there. And had problems with his mother. All of it influenced how he treated the women in his life. The was also almost a one night thing with a male buddy who tried to force himself on him while he was passed out drunk on the friend's sofa.

It wasn't a Pulitzer Prize winning novel, but still one of those guilty pleasures that I really enjoyed. Any help with this would be great.

message 2: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1040 comments Hello Dixie,

Your book might be listed on this list:

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/9...

Good luck finding your book.

The Celtic Rebel (Richard) (the_celtic_rebel) ``Laurie wrote: "Hello Dixie,

Your book might be listed on this list:

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/9...

Good luck finding your book."

That was the first place I looked. I was sure hoping it would be there. Thanks so much.

I love a good literary book esp. a mystery one, but I am a sucker for those "trashy novels". Of course I call them guilty pleasures. LOL

message 4: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1040 comments I couldn't agree more - let's do call them guilty pleasures. :D

There were soon be others here that can better help you find this book Dixie so give it a little time.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37760 comments Mod
The Celtic Rebel (Richard) left the group. Moving to Abandoned.