SBTB Goodreads Group discussion

Trope Talk > Trope Talk-- On the Road

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by HeatherMarie (new)

HeatherMarie (heathermariereads) | 66 comments Hey guys looking for recommendations where the characters are traveling for some or most of the book. Re-watched "It Happened One Night" (1934) with Claudette Colbert & Clark Gable & it was cute, so looking for some more romances with a journey. Thanks!

message 2: by Celine (new)

Celine (goodreadscomcdb393) | 14 comments Ride with Me by Ruthie Knox
Love Story by Lauren Layne
Heaven, Texas by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Lord Perfect by Loretta Chase
A Week to Be Wicked by Tessa Dare

I know Tessa Bailey has one at well, but I haven't read it and can't remember the title.

message 3: by Mclaudia (last edited Dec 21, 2017 08:26AM) (new)

Mclaudia | 58 comments Heather, you are the best!

That's also one of my favorite tropes (I guess because of its similarities to marriage of convenience and forced proximity, and since I read mostly historicals it is also a nice and believable way to have the characters together for most of the book).

I heartily concur with "A Week to Be Wicked," my favorite Tessa Dare of all time! I'm not a super-big Tessa Dare fan but with this one I was totally willing to go for the ride, and what a ride it was! I think it was the first time I actually LOL'ed reading a romance novel. Too bad it doesn't happen more often. Love both hero and heroine.

Here are some of my favorites:

Wicked Becomes You
Written on Your Skin
Both by Meredith Duran

A Dangerous Deceit by Alyssa Johnson
The Wedding Journey by Carla Kelly
The Amorous Education of Celia Seaton by Miranda Neville
The Young Blood by Erin Satie

And a classic -- quite a bit of old-school crazysauce, but wonderful all the same:

The Windflower by Laura London aka Sharon and Tom Curtis. You'll get a feeling of screwball comedy here.

Looking forward to others' recommendations!!

message 4: by Jayne (new)

Jayne (britishjayne) | 49 comments Historical: Joanna Shupe's Novella Tycoon in the Knickerbocker series is on a train.

Contemporary
Tessa Bailey's Romancing The Clarksons Series (4 siblings, 4 books) is based on a roadtrip.
Penelope Ward's Cocky Bastard is set on a roadtrip

Jojo Moyes One Plus One. Set in England, a lot of this is set travelling around the UK (won't cut you open like Me before You).

Suzanne Brockmann's Some Kind of Herohas the hero/heroine driving around a lot and one extended trip. Not super military/suspens-y like her other books,

New Adult
Rebecca Yarros' The Renegades series Extreme Sports college aged kids on a Study at Sea Cruise ship.

Paranormal (ish) Karina Halle's Devils series is set on a Band's Tour.

Fantasy: Amanda Bouchet A Promise of Fire lots of travelling in this.

message 5: by Ginger (new)

Ginger W | 40 comments Anna Richland’s His Road Home. Cross-country road trip with a wounded warrior and his fake fiancée. Quick sweet read.

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky (fibrobabe) | 13 comments It's a few days late at this point, but Love Ahead: Expect Delays by Astrid Amara is a fun Hanukkah road trip story.

message 7: by HeatherMarie (new)

HeatherMarie (heathermariereads) | 66 comments Wow! You guys are fast! Thanks for all the recs- most of them are new to me- this is great!!