Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > wrong cover uploaded

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43624 comments Mod
Actually, we keep ARC editions and the covers to them. I have marked that edition as an ARC, so you can just add a new edition for the to-be-published ebook edition.

As the author, you will have the ability to change which edition of the book is the default, which will come up in searches by title and show on your author profile. Here's how: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

message 2: by Fiona (new)

Fiona Queen | 4 comments Hello,
I recently changed the cover of my novel "Jimmy: The Knight of the Wind (The Jimmy Series Book 1)", but when I created a new edition of the book, no cover came up at all. Here is the link to the new edition: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3... The cover that I want to use is my current profile picture. Thanks for the help!

message 3: by Fiona (new)

Fiona Queen | 4 comments Katrina wrote: "Hello,
I recently changed the cover of my novel "Jimmy: The Knight of the Wind (The Jimmy Series Book 1)", but when I created a new edition of the book, no cover came up at all. Here is the link to..."

Never mind, I think I've got it fixed now.

message 4: by Tia (new)

Tia Louise (tia_louise) | 21 comments Tim... Splaining wrote: "Tia,

As you’ve deleted your two postings after I posted my previous Message 6 and now Message 4, I’m not sure if you’ll see this. As a Rivka noted Goodreads keeps ARC covers and designates book a..."

I'm sorry--I don't know how to delete or shut off notifications for these once they're resolved. I was able to get the help I needed. Thanks so much!

Have a great day!

message 5: by Tia (new)

As you’ve deleted your two postings after I posted my previous Message 6 and now Message 4, I’m not sure if you’ll see this. As a Rivka noted Goodreads keeps ARC covers and designates book a..."

I'm sorry. What have you done here, Tim?

ARCs are not sold. Almost 1,000 readers have not shelved the ARC edition of this book. They are waiting for the Amazon edition.

This "ARC edition" that you have created by typing "Advance review copy" in the edition field will NEVER be available for sale on Amazon--yet there are both Amazon button and "get copies here" buttons on this page.

Please UNDO the incorrect information you have created on my Goodreads page.

I was able to get help from a Goodreads librarian and corrected this, and now you have made it incorrect again.

Please stop "helping" me... I won't make the mistake of typing a question in this group again.

message 6: by Tia (new)

I’d be happy to revert my changes but need to know if any copies of the books with the ARC cover were handed out. In other words, when the readers who wrote the pre-release reviews for your ..."

The reviews that have been posted are by my beta readers. They read the Word version of my book. The Word version of my book has no cover.

Thanks.