Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Lauren Blakely
This topic is about Lauren Blakely
2018 Challenge Archive > FAC: Lauren Blakely (January 2018)

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (last edited Jan 08, 2018 07:25PM) (new)

~KarenH~ | 6823 comments January - Lauren Blakely

Lauren Blakely is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of contemporary romance.

Lauren's first novel, Caught Up in Us, was published in January, 2013, and she has since published over 40 hot, sweet, and sexy novels and novellas. She loves to create stories of friends who later turn their friendship into love and says that writing sex scenes is her strength. Lauren herself is a light-hearted person with a great sense of humour. She likes to cook up stories involving work and romance, and has been known to plot entire novels while walking her dogs.

Located in California, Lauren always spends her free time with family, friends and dogs. She loves to eat Italian food, listen to music, reading and to get to know new people.

Lauren's GR page is here: Lauren Blakely

Challenge Task: Read one book written by our featured author, Lauren Blakely.
Challenge Duration: The whole month of January.

To sign up:
Post your interest and the book you are planning to read.

You must also signify if you are:
A - I'm a big fan! I'm excited to read another of her books.
B - Familiar with her work, and wouldn't mind reading her again.
C - Totally new to this author. Will see how I like it.
D - Didn't like the last one I've read, but willing to give it another chance.

To complete:
Post the date when you've completed your book.

You must also say if, after reading:
A - would definitely look at her other books, since I've enjoyed this one very much.
B - could take it or leave it. Was not an unpleasant experience but I'm not burning rubber to get to her other books.
C - Oh well, I tried. Definitely not my cup of tea.

A little review of the book read is welcomed but not required.

message 2: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6823 comments **

message 3: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6823 comments **

message 4: by Loz (new)

Loz | 54 comments I am in and I am a full blown A!! I love her!! And if you're into audio books... Sebastian York narrates so many of hers and he's fabulous!!

Most Likely To Score has an expected publication date of Jan 8th... so I'll be reading that.
Most Likely To Score by Lauren Blakely

message 5: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1207 comments I'm an A also! Love her audio books. Sebastian York is yummy!

I'll read The V Card by Lauren Blakely - Sebastian York & Andi Arndt

message 6: by Shan ~A~ (new)

Shan ~A~ (thebookglutton) | 940 comments I'm a B

Mine will either be Full Package (Big Rock, #4) by Lauren Blakely or Well Hung by Lauren Blakely or both. I borrowed them both on romance package via audible just the other day. I guess I can wait until January since it's just next week. *sigh*

message 7: by Cyliena (last edited Feb 10, 2018 06:21AM) (new)

Cyliena | 230 comments I'm a C -- I've seen a couple of her books recommended before, but have yet to read any. I plan on tackling Stars in Their Eyes!

Stars in Their Eyes (Caught Up in Love, #4) by Lauren Blakely

UPDATE: Finished reading of Jan 6, now a B. :) It was a good book, and I'm open to reading more of the author, but it didn't resonate enough to turn Blakely into a must-read author for me.

message 8: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19272 comments I'm a Big, BIG A! Her books are so good in audio!! I've got Most Likely To Score, The V Card and Stud Finder on my short list - i just might read all of them!

message 9: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (dlbell208) | 86 comments I'm currently a C, but have been wanting to read her for a while. I have a number of her books that I got when they were on sale on either Kindle or Kobo, so I'm happy to have an excuse to finally make myself do this!

message 10: by jenny (new)

jenny (ynnej405) | 353 comments I'm in! I'm a B and I will read Big Rock by Lauren Blakely

message 11: by Chiara (new)

Chiara | 656 comments I'm a huge A type fan!! I'm gonna read Big Rock by Lauren Blakely

message 12: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Johnston | 63 comments I'm a C - This book was recommended to me last Valentine's day and it's been sitting on my Kindle unread ever since. So this challenge will also get another book off my TBR list! Consumed by You
Consumed by You (Fighting Fire #3) by Lauren Blakely

message 13: by KindleandBook (last edited Jan 24, 2018 01:05PM) (new)

KindleandBook | 2 comments My first challenge, after being a member for quite some time I’m diving in. I’ll be listening to Well Hung

I am an A btw, love her books!

message 14: by Nicole (new)

Nicole P | 3200 comments I'm an A! Lauren Blakely is one of my all-time favorite authors.

I just finished reading Hard Wood. And I'm still an A. Her books are nice and easy, with fun and interesting characters. This is the 6th book in the Big Rock series, and I love that it's all from the hero's POV. I'm not usually a fan of only one POV but this time it just works.

If I have time this month I want to read The V Card as well.

message 15: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2049 comments I'm in and started out as a C. I read Big Rock and gave it 5 stars. This was a super cute read! The MC was a permanent bachelor (or so he thought) but not a dickhead so it made him super likeable. I loved the storyline and will definitely pick up the next book in the series. I finished being an A!

Big Rock by Lauren Blakely

message 16: by Kristy (last edited Jan 08, 2018 11:45AM) (new)

Kristy Johnston | 63 comments I finished Consumed by You last night, barely. I'm afraid this one was a C for me, not my cup of tea. I'm not gonna give up on her after just one book though. She has a few more that look interesting to me and I may try another later on in the month if I have time.

message 17: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 10940 comments I started as a B+. I loved Big Rock but only liked the other few I've read by her.

I read Stud Finder. It was so cute!

I end up as a B+. I will definitely read more of her works when they fit into my challenges :)

message 18: by Shan ~A~ (new)

Shan ~A~ (thebookglutton) | 940 comments Started as a B, still a B, but if the books stay as good as the one I read, I will definitely be on my way to an A
Mister O 01/07/18

Before this the only one that I actually loved was Big Rock. I will definitely be continuing on with these connected books if nothing else.

message 19: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6823 comments I'm an A, and I loved Stud Finder...not my absolute favorite, but still very, very good! I'm not done yet, I also have The V Card and Most Likely To Score planned for later in the month, but I think I can safely say I'll be remaining an A!

message 20: by Saint Monique (new)

Saint Monique I'm C. I'm currently reading The Knocked up Plan by Lauren Blakely
So far, I'm not really impressed but hope it will get better :)

message 21: by Saint Monique (new)

Saint Monique I gave 4 stars to The Knocked up Plan. I'm between A and B now.

message 22: by Chiara (new)

Chiara | 656 comments I started as an A type fan and now, after finishing Big Rock by Lauren Blakely I can say I'm an A+++
I LOVED this book and I gave it 5 stars!!!! It's funny and sweet and hot at the same time!!
I've just purchased her last release Most Likely To Score by Lauren Blakely and I'm gonna start reading it right away!

message 23: by Nicole (new)

Nicole P | 3200 comments Just finished reading Most Likely To Score and it was just great. Loved it!

message 24: by Loz (last edited Jan 17, 2018 02:28AM) (new)

Loz | 54 comments Started an A, finished as an A! No surprise, love her work!
Read Most Likely To Score 5★
Most Likely To Score by Lauren Blakely

message 25: by jenny (new)

jenny (ynnej405) | 353 comments I've finished Big Rock a few days ago and I'm definitely an A, I will soon read another book of the series!

message 26: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (dlbell208) | 86 comments I finished Big Rock today and am an A. I loved it and will definitely be reading more by her!

message 27: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Jan 27, 2018 12:01PM) (new)

MountainKat | 19272 comments MountainKat wrote: "I'm a Big, BIG A! Her books are so good in audio!! I've got Most Likely To Score, The V Card and Stud Finder on my short list - i just might read all of them!"

Well, I did read all of them, throughout the month! And I loved them all!!

Stud Finder 1.10.18 - I read this one out of order, but it was great to see how their story went!

Most Likely to Score 1.18.18 - Loved this! So sweet and hot too!

The V Card 1.27.18 - This was so good, I really enjoyed it!

The audio was wonderful in all of them too!

I started a BIG A and I finish a GREAT BIG A! =)

message 28: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1207 comments Karen ♐ wrote: "I'm an A also! Love her audio books. Sebastian York is yummy!

I'll read The V Card by Lauren Blakely - Sebastian York & Andi Arndt"

I'm still an A - I really enjoyed it...of course I love Sebastian York!

message 29: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6823 comments I managed to finish all three of the books I had planned for this month:

Stud Finder 1/5/18
Most Likely to Score 1/14/18
The V Card 1/27/18

I loved them all! I'm absolutely ending up as I started...a huge A!

Stud Finder by Lauren Blakely Most Likely to Score by Lauren Blakely The V Card by Lauren Blakely

message 30: by Cyliena (new)

Cyliena | 230 comments (finished this on Jan 6, but the semester started and the world went crazy...)

I was a C, now a B! Stars in Their Eyes was a good book, and I'm open to reading more of the author, but it didn't resonate enough to turn Blakely into a must-read author for me.

Stars in Their Eyes (Caught Up in Love, #4) by Lauren Blakely