Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Dramas > Seven Pounds

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SLIM SHADY (new)

SLIM SHADY Gontier (HeroesFreak) | 254 comments Such a depressing movie.. I will never txt and drive after seeing the beginning of this what say you?

message 2: by Sam (new)

Sam | 548 comments i may slip a few spoilers in here ...

I've just finished watching this one Nathan ... I cried (yes - I am a big girls blouse) but don't feel depressed as such ...

Will Smith seems to fit into these "really good guy" type of roles well - doesn't he? ... for me there's a familar edge to his performance that you see time and time again ... he's made a little niche for himself - not unlike Hugh Grant I think ...

Roassario Dawson was sweet ... and kinda dig her performance more because the last thing I saw her in was Death Proof - and she wasn't so sweet in that ...

the story is - well - adequate ... it was pretty obvious to me what was going on pretty early on ... but the "good guy / makes a terrible mistake / hates himself / tries to redeem with a self sacrificing act" theme always sucks me in - all the way to the soft, gooey centre ...

the "what if" game they played in the love scene towards the end struck a chord with me - that little fantasy made her so happy in that moment and i wonder - if he'd been around - could he have made her any more happy ever again? ... "did he really mean it?" is kicking around in my head too - did he set out to seduce her - all part of the plan?

thinking about how it ended up - the bittersweetness of his gift to her - is doin' my head a little now ... i'll probably be thinking on that for a few more days ...

anyway - i nice little movie ... and i liked the doggie

message 3: by SLIM SHADY (new)

SLIM SHADY Gontier (HeroesFreak) | 254 comments I will never txt and drive!!