The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

General Chat > New here... book suggestions?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Otto (new)

Otto (ottotheboat) New to this group and new to goodreads in general. Well I’ve been a member for a little while now, but I’ve never really interacted with anyone on this site at all. Didn’t even know you could add friends until recently haha.

I’m not 100% sure about the rules here so I’m sorry if this question is asked a lot, but what are some book suggestions any one has? Any genre, any author, I’d like to read pretty much anything :0)

message 2: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 1500 comments My wife and I like the following authors:
Craig Johnson
Tess Gerritsen
Michael Connelly
There are others, but don't want to overwhelm you.

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris Scrivener | 3 comments Micheal Connolly is excellent.Also like Stuart Macbride and Peter James

message 4: by Thomas (last edited Dec 20, 2017 04:41PM) (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 1500 comments I have read one Stuart MacBride. My review
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 5: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (ksales) | 62 comments I agree with the above, especially Michael Connelly and Craig Johnson.

message 6: by Faith (last edited Dec 26, 2017 02:31PM) (new)

Faith | 312 comments It's really hard to recommend books to someone you don't know. You might as well just throw darts at a random list of books. I suggest that you look at some reviews of books that you loved (or hated) and find people who agreed with you. Then see what else they liked that might appeal to you. If you add them as friends or follow their reviews you will see their reviews listed above community reviews when you look at a book page.

message 7: by Otto (new)

Otto (ottotheboat) Thanks all for the suggestions, and thanks Faith for the tip :0)

message 8: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 8701 comments Mod
Hi! I can't help you much with recommendations since I'm way out of the mainstream path preferring older and translated crime, but welcome to the group! These lovely people will help you find something you'll enjoy.