Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Wrong variant of my name on book

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim Chevallier (chezjim) | 4 comments My book "A History of the Food of Paris: From Roast Mammoth to Steak Frites (Big City Food Biographies)"
is published under "Jim Chevallier". But at some point the publisher had this as "James B. Chevallier" and that is how Goodreads currently has it. Which is a problem since it prevents me from adding it to my profile (as Jim Chevallier).

Is it possible then to change the author name and perhaps to add it to my profile as well?

Thanks.

message 2: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Jim wrote: "My book "A History of the Food of Paris: From Roast Mammoth to Steak Frites (Big City Food Biographies)"
is published under "Jim Chevallier". But at some point the publisher had this as..."

Added cover image from publisher, and it looks like the cover lists Jim Chevallier as the author. I've corrected the listing, you should now find it on your profile.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim Chevallier (chezjim) | 4 comments Thanks for the quick response!

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim Chevallier (chezjim) | 4 comments I see the cover appears for the print book, but not the ebook. Will that populate automatically?

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23771 comments Unfortunately, your publisher doesn't have the ebook cover up yet. It says coming soon.

We aren't allowed to use the hardcover edition cover, in case it is different, we must wait for the correct cover to be published.

And no it won't be automatic.

message 6: by Jim (new)

Jim Chevallier (chezjim) | 4 comments Thanks. I'll watch for the changes on our side.