Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Amazon Book Cover Question

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Conquering (new)

Conquering Dinner (conqueringdinner) | 27 comments Is the only way to use a photo from Amazon for the book cover, to save the photo on your computer and upload it to Goodreads site? Seems like there should be an easier way (like copy image) but I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks for your help.

message 2: by Cassandra (last edited Dec 20, 2017 03:10PM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Conquering wrote: "Is the only way to use a photo from Amazon for the book cover, to save the photo on your computer and upload it to Goodreads site? Seems like there should be an easier way (like copy image) but I c..."

This thread on Amazon images may be helpful to you- https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/....

As an alternative to saving the image, if you right click on an Amazon image and choose "copy image address," you can then just paste it into the cover image field.

message 3: by Conquering (new)

Conquering Dinner (conqueringdinner) | 27 comments Cassandra wrote: "you can then paste it into the cover image field. "

Where is this? I only see the option to upload photos. This is exactly what I am looking for. Sorry if I am missing something right in front of me.

message 4: by Cassandra (last edited Dec 20, 2017 03:24PM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Conquering wrote: "Cassandra wrote: "you can then paste it into the cover image field. "

Where is this? I only see the option to upload photos. This is exactly what I am looking for. Sorry if I am missing something ..."

When you get the option to choose file when uploading a photo, just paste the link into the file name field when the window pops up.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42044 comments Mod
Note: While this technique does work, the image is still getting downloaded to your computer (to the temporary files, by default) and uploaded to Goodreads. So if your concern is ease of use, this works. If you have other concerns, it may not.

message 6: by Conquering (new)

Conquering Dinner (conqueringdinner) | 27 comments Thank you!!!