Trone Memorial Library Book e-Club discussion

What are you reading? > Winter 2017/18 - What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (last edited Dec 20, 2017 02:57PM) (new)

Emily (emilyholland) Winter is upon us and the holidays are here! For me, grad school is out and I'm reading for pleasure again (finally!).

Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz
Magpie Murders was different than most suspense novels in a good way! If you're a fan of a story within a story, I would recommend this title.

Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman
Scythe was GREAT! This dystopian novel had a truly compelling plot with likeable characters and many "what-ifs." There is an upcoming sequel, too! I am very eager to read it.

The Bitter Side of Sweet by Tara Sullivan
The Bitter Side of Sweet was on my reading list for one of my master's classes, and I enjoyed it thoroughly! This discussed the cacao trade and the price of chocolate that consumers are not usually aware of in a relatable and interesting novel.

I'm currently reading:
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls Watch Me Disappear by Janelle Brown

Let me know what you're reading, enjoying, and not liking. I can't wait to hear!

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyholland) The Glass Castle ended up being wonderful! I'm on to The Secret History of the Mongol Queens: How the Daughters of Genghis Khan Rescued His Empire now, and I've enjoyed it very much even though I'm not a huge non-fiction reader!