Mixed Remixed Festival discussion

What We Lose
This topic is about What We Lose
44 views
January Book Club Pick: What We Lose by Zinzi Clemmons

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heididurrow) | 51 comments Mod
We're reading What We Lose by Zinzi Clemmons as our next book club pick.
Join us for our on-line chat and call-in discussion on 1/21 at 7pm EASTERN/4pm PACIFIC. Festival Founder Heidi Durrow and Workshop & Literary Director Jamie Moore will lead the discussion with your questions. And start sharing your thoughts with our Goodreads Book Club Group in advance of our call next month!


message 2: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (mixedreader) | 5 comments Mod
Excited to chat about this book! Clemmons mixes writing styles in this novel; anyone have thoughts on the style?


message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heididurrow) | 51 comments Mod
Jamie wrote: "Excited to chat about this book! Clemmons mixes writing styles in this novel; anyone have thoughts on the style?" I wasn't really expecting this book to be what it was. I was trying to figure out a really basic q: Is it considered fiction or non-fiction?


message 4: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Valentini | 2 comments It felt so much like a biography to me. I was confused about that too. And then I thought why does it matter but it mattered to me. I think because I related to her and I wanted to know that it was a real person.
I also thought the way the book unfolded or maybe how it was laid out was so unique too.


message 5: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Valentini | 2 comments How do I join the call tonight?


message 6: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heididurrow) | 51 comments Mod
Melanie wrote: "It felt so much like a biography to me. I was confused about that too. And then I thought why does it matter but it mattered to me. I think because I related to her and I wanted to know that it was..."
Hi Melanie,
You can join the call by going to www.talkshoe.com and search for mixed remixed --if you create a Talkshoe account you can participate via the chat room.


message 7: by Elianna (new) - added it

Elianna M. | 3 comments I just started reading the book, and also felt a bit confused about the format. But I'm intrigued! Cannot wait to read more :) Will there be a podcast about the book, or what is the idea?


message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heididurrow) | 51 comments Mod
Elianna wrote: "I just started reading the book, and also felt a bit confused about the format. But I'm intrigued! Cannot wait to read more :) Will there be a podcast about the book, or what is the idea?"
We did a book club discussion yesterday about the book. You can download the podcast from itunes --just search for Mixed Remixed. Hope you continue to enjoy the read!


message 9: by Elianna (new) - added it

Elianna M. | 3 comments That's odd, I can't seem to find Mixed Remixed on iTunes or CastBox, which I use on my phone. I can only find The Mixed Experience. - Do you have a direct link to the podcast?


message 10: by Elianna (new) - added it

Elianna M. | 3 comments Heidi wrote: "Elianna wrote: "I just started reading the book, and also felt a bit confused about the format. But I'm intrigued! Cannot wait to read more :) Will there be a podcast about the book, or what is the..."

That's odd, I can't seem to find Mixed Remixed on iTunes or CastBox, which I use on my phone. I can only find The Mixed Experience. - Do you have a direct link to the podcast?


back to top