Short Story Contests discussion

Weekly Contests > Week 42 (August 10 - 16) Done

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arthur, Live a little Give a lot (new)

Arthur | 554 comments Mod
Instructions:

Please do not use a story previously used on goodreads. After the week's contest, you are welcome to put it on your profile writings, but please refrain from using stories you have already put on there.

You have until Saturday afternoon to post a story on here. Please post it directly onto this topic, rather than posting a link. Also, please do not discuss stories on here. You must go to Weekly Short Story Contest Discussion for that. This will avoid any clutter and confusion, so that people can simply come on here and read the story, without having to read comments on the story.

This week's Topic is pinnacle. If anyone has any objections to this topic, please go to the Objections post. The rules are pretty loose. Clare suggested this week’s topic word when I asked if she had one. You could write about any kind of highest or topmost point or level of something, or a pointed ornament or a natural mountain peak, pretty much anything. Just have the word in the story.

Weekly stories must be at least 500 words long to 2,500 words long. (if the whole story won't fit in one post, divide it into two)

Good luck!

Arthur [acting for Clare:]

P.S. PLEASE say if you would like to have your story on Short Story Galore, if you win. This way it wouldn't take me ages to get your consent afterwards. This includes adding a link to your stories. If you want to have your story on the Short Story Galore, but not the link, just say so.

message 2: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune :( sucks...

message 3: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 306 comments week.... 42... hmm.

message 4: by Arthur, Live a little Give a lot (new)

Arthur | 554 comments Mod
**contest closed**

Please understand there will not be a vote poll for favorite story this week there was no story. Secondly let's get an early start for next week, I will post the new topic Sunday with the new poem topic instead of Monday. That gives one extra day.

message 5: by Lauren (last edited Aug 15, 2009 12:22PM) (new)

Lauren (djinni) "Whatever happened to keys???"

Stolen and lost.

"I got my schedule, and was dismayed to find that I have 0 classes with my best friend.

The layout in confusing, stupid, and I can barely find my locker, much less my stupid classes.
"

Welcome to the world.

"We have five minutes in between classes. I can't even find my stupid locker within five minutes! "

You'll have 3 minutes in high school.

Not to be bitchy, but until you get to freshman year, you got nothing to complain about.

message 6: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 83 comments Aww...Laur that sounded mean.

I had 2 minutes in Middle School though it wasn't a very big place. I'm not sure how much we have at PMSA...hmm...I should figure that out.

message 7: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 83 comments I know. She probably wasn't trying to be, she was just being...Lauren. Haha!

message 8: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 83 comments Not much, I was watching a movie online, but they don't have the whole thing.

message 9: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 83 comments Yeah, I'll rent it later....or something.

Well, I jusdt hung around, had the house to myself, since mom went downstate. She just walked in.

Well, I'm going to read and then sleep....

message 10: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 306 comments ...... nobody had a story for pinnacle? that was a cool topic... wow, week 42 and there's no entries...