Multicultural Fiction for Children and Teens discussion

Current Multicultural YA Fiction

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by bjneary (new)

bjneary | 5 comments What are some current books you have read and enjoyed?
So far this summer I have enjoyed Jumped, After Tupac and D Foster, Paul Volponi's Rikers High, and Homestretch.

message 2: by Sally (new)

Sally | 2 comments One of my new favorites is "Crossing Bok Chitto: A Choctaw Tale of Friendship and Freedom." It received a positive review from Debbie Reese. http://americanindiansinchildrenslite....

I'm also enjoying reading books by Joseph Bruchac.

message 3: by bjneary (new)

bjneary | 5 comments Sally, I loved Code Talkers by Bruchac, have you read that one?

message 4: by Sally (new)

Sally | 2 comments Will add to my books to read list!

message 5: by bjneary (new)

bjneary | 5 comments Sally, I read it but our seniors were given a list of 30 contemporary YA titles and Code Talkers was a choice and one student enjoyed it so much, he read it twice.

message 6: by bjneary (new)

bjneary | 5 comments Another one I just finished and LOVED is Choices by Katrina Burchett. A great, edgy read about teens facing the challenges of sex in their everyday lives.

message 7: by Ari (new)

Ari (readingincolor) | 1 comments I really liked
1) Marcelo in the Real World
2) Perfect Chemistry
3) A Wish After Midnight
4) Flygirl
5) Mare's War
6) The God Box
7)Liar
8)Gringolandia
9)Silver Phoenix
10) Ash
I've read a lot of great books about poc this year!

message 8: by bjneary (new)

bjneary | 5 comments What did you think of Liar (read my review on Goodreads) I was disappointed. Thanks for your new titles, I have Marcelo, I will move that up to the top of the list and the others sound great. Now I am reading the 3rd book in the Sharon Draper trilogy Battle for Jericho, November Blues and the third one is Just Another Hero. Enjoying it so far. I liked the Death of Jayson Porter by Jaimee Adoff too. I just finished the Torres Brothers by Coert Vorhees, that was great! For 2010, I will be reading more, I joined a Social Justice Reading Challenge and there is alot of good books featuring POC for YA so I am excited. Here is the address if interested