The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > I've Stopped Lurking :)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate MacKinnon | 21 comments Hello everyone. I've lately stopped lurking and started commenting. Not making comments is wayyyy too difficult for me.

I'm a bookworm, as are all of you.
I enjoy a broad array of books but 'my thing', i guess, is Historical Fiction.

I live in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia with my husband & puppy and we hope to expand on our unit shortly.

Hope to chat with you all and I'm looking forward to all the book recs i'll get!!

I love this site and your group, my only complaint is i'm spending valuable reading time on here instead!

Anyway, Talk to you soon!

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate MacKinnon | 21 comments Hmmm...I like Ancient Greece/Rome/Egypt but I also like 1500's forward. That's pretty broad, I realize. My favorite stories are of strong female characters. Whether during war-time, colonization, kings & queens....Strong females that overcome their environment and civilizations prejudices etc...

My puppy's name is Cooper and he's a Shitzu-Yorkie mix. 12lbs and ALL spunk. :)

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 9781 comments Mod
Hi Kate, welcome to the group.

message 4: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (Bellamy22) | 610 comments Hi Kate!
Have you tried 'The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane'? It's very newly published and different from what you've mentioned ... but you might love it!
(I did)

message 5: by JSou (new)

JSou Welcome Kate! Yay for no more lurking! :)

message 6: by Edith (new)

Edith | 256 comments Hi Kate!
This is such a great group and I love that everyone is so open to all comments and opinions. Enjoy!

message 7: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (LisaJulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Kate,

Welcome to the group!!!

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate MacKinnon | 21 comments Suzanne wrote: "Hi Kate!
Have you tried 'The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane'? It's very newly published and different from what you've mentioned ... but you might love it!
(I did)"

Hadn't heard much of it besides the occassioanl post on GR. Just looked into it and i'm quite intrigued! Adding to TBR list!

Thanks!!

message 9: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Kate, Welcome!!