Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Etcetera > Happy Birthday, Nancy!

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by OMalleycat (new)

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Happy birthday, Nancy HRDCOVERS!

Hope your day is special.

Jan O'Cat

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3626 comments Have a great day, Nancy!

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments Nancy,
Hope you have a wonderful birthday!!!!
SmileyCentral.com

message 4: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3693 comments happy birthday, nancy!

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (JaneNancy) | 161 comments Nancy, I hope your birthday is exciting and very special, with a little time for a book and a lot of time for presents, cake and ice cream. Enjoy!
From another Nancy

message 6: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1639 comments Have a very Happy Birthday Nancy!!

message 7: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandin954) | 1215 comments Happy Birthday, Nancy!!!

message 8: by JanG (new)

JanG | 165 comments Happy, happy birthday to Nancy!!

message 9: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8060 comments Happy b'day, WF!

message 10: by Claudia (CJ) (new)

Claudia (CJ) | 133 comments Happy Birthday to You Nancy!

Thanks for suggesting the book!

message 11: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14623 comments Nancy:
Happy Happy Happy Birthday!
I hope you have had a marvelous day!

message 12: by Lori S (new)

Lori S | 70 comments Happy Birthday Nancy!!

message 13: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2678 comments Happy B'Day, Nancy.

message 14: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Hope you had a great birthday, Nancy!

message 15: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3593 comments Happy birthday and many more

message 16: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1117 comments Happy Birthday, Nancy

Nancy (Hrdcovers) (TheReader23) | 30 comments Thanks so much for all the good wishes. It was a whirlwind of a birthday (Monday) as my Mom had a stroke on Friday and my daughter gave birth to a little girl on Saturday. Needless to say, it's been an up and down week.

My Mom is doing a little better. They have just moved her into the rehab part of the hospital. The part of her brain that was affected has to do with balance so she's having a problem walking. Other than that, nothing else was affected. This is her third stroke.

My daughter gave birth to Katy Elizabeth who weighed in at 7lbs. 6oz. I don't know if you remember that she also had a baby boy last August....Brady Robert. This is what they call Irish twins because Katy was born before Brady celebrated his first birthday which is tomorrow. This definitely wasn't planned. lol

So thank you all of my M/T friends for remembering me on my birthday.

message 18: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14623 comments Nancy:
Oh my. What a week. I am thinking of you and your family. Congratulations to your daughter on the birth of her daughter - how exciting that is to have a new baby, Katy Elizabeth, to join Brady Robert.
I hate to hear your Mom had another stroke. I am glad that she is already on the mend and hope she is able to regain her mobility and gets out of the rehab hospital soon. Wow, you have a lot going on right now. {{{Nancy}}} I hope you find comfort from the support of friends and family, and from a good book or two.

Nancy (Hrdcovers) wrote: "Thanks so much for all the good wishes. It was a whirlwind of a birthday (Monday) as my Mom had a stroke on Friday and my daughter gave birth to a little girl on Saturday. Needless to say, it's been an up and down week..."

message 19: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3626 comments Congrats a plenty on the new baby, Nancy! Babies are the greatest thing!! And sorry about your mom, but glad things weren't so bad. It's hard watching our parents decline.

message 20: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8060 comments Nancy, Ann and Melodie said it all. I'm thinking of you as you support your mom through her recovery, and celebrate with you on the birth of your second grandchild!

message 21: by Ann (last edited Aug 15, 2009 02:25PM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14623 comments Melodie:
Yes, it is hard to watch our parents decline. I hope your Mom and Dad are doing well; and Carol I hope your Dad is doing well too.

Melodie wrote: "Congrats a plenty on the new baby, Nancy! Babies are the greatest thing!! And sorry about your mom, but glad things weren't so bad. It's hard watching our parents decline."

message 22: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3693 comments Nancy (Hrdcovers) wrote: "Thanks so much for all the good wishes. It was a whirlwind of a birthday (Monday) as my Mom had a stroke on Friday and my daughter gave birth to a little girl on Saturday. Needless to say, it's bee..."

congrats on the new baby and i'm sorry to hear about your mom. hope her prognosis is a good one. keep us posted.

message 23: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Aug 18, 2009 08:07PM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8060 comments Ann wrote: "Melodie:
Yes, it is hard to watch our parents decline. I hope your Mom and Dad are doing well; and Carol I hope your Dad is doing well too. ..."

Thanks Ann, he is doing well. I'm in searh of magnifying glass solution to his inability to read newspaper print and some book print, as it has seriously cut down his reading time. Tomorrow to the opthalmologist, maybe she'll have some ideas.

In the meantime i am reading aloud to him a book about Harry Truman and his Civil Rights efforts. Now I know why HST is his favorite prez.

I hope Momma Rumsey is doing well also!

message 24: by Ann (last edited Aug 18, 2009 08:17PM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14623 comments Thanks, Carol!
I think it is great you and your Dad are reading such a good book together. I find myself enjoying history and biographies more and more lately, a throwback to my childhood when I devoured biographies at the library.
Mom and I enjoy reading the newspaper together and I know how much that means to her, so hope a solution for your Dad's vision issues with newsprint can be found.
Mom is doing ok, new medications this week to fight a stubborn infection, so hoping that will do the trick. She is enjoying baseball season on TV too. We just do the best we can.

Here's hoping Nancy's Mom is recovering well in the rehab hospital.

Carol/Bonadie wrote: "In the meantime i am reading aloud to him a book about Harry Truman and his Civil Rights efforts. Now I know why HST is his favorite prez."

Nancy (Hrdcovers) (TheReader23) | 30 comments Thanks for all the comments. My Mom is doing better but it's still up in the air as to whether or not she will be able to go back to her independent living apartment. She says she will never be able to but I think her doctors feel differently. They are going to keep her in rehab another week and then reevaluate.

This old age thing really stinks.

message 26: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Happy Belated birthday Nancy.

message 27: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Aug 21, 2009 11:01AM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8060 comments Ann wrote: "hope a solution for your Dad's vision issues with newsprint can be found. ..."

We went to his regular ophthalmologist appointment with all sorts of visions of expensive readers/assessments, etc. and she recommended reading glasses. {{forehead smack}}}

I bought some and they seem to solve the problem. You'd think after all the stories I've heard of people getting drugstore reading glasses and finding they work fine, it would have come to me.

message 28: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3626 comments Ann wrote: "Melodie:
Yes, it is hard to watch our parents decline. I hope your Mom and Dad are doing well; and Carol I hope your Dad is doing well too.

..."

My mom is doing really well. Her hair all came back and has finally gotten to its normal color. It was almost black for awhile, which really looked strange. Daddy is doing okay, too. He refuses to give up his grass mowing, so my mom has just resigned herself to it. If he wasn't doing it he'd be miserable since no one else can do it to his satisfaction.

message 29: by Cindy/Massreader (new)

Cindy/Massreader (cindymassreader) | 29 comments A very belated birthday from Cindy!!

message 30: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14623 comments Melodie and Carol:
Woo hoo, that is great news for both of you and your parents!

Melodie wrote: "My mom is doing really well. Her hair all came back and has finally gotten to its normal color. It was almost black for awhile, which really looked strange. Daddy is doing okay, too. "

Carol/Bonadie wrote: "We went to his regular ophthalmologist appointment with all sorts of visions of expensive readers/assessments, etc. and she recommended reading glasses. {{forehead smack}}}
I bought some and they seem to solve the problem. "

message 31: by BurgendyA (new)

BurgendyA | 58 comments Happy Belated Birthday Nancy! Hope it was grand. =)~